Cobra Durability Question

For the gearheads in the audience
ChasteCouple82

Cobra Durability Question

Post by ChasteCouple82 »

We bought a couple of knock off versions in our quest to find the right device to invest in for the long haul. The first one was cheap and broke within the first day. The second one, from a different vendor with thousands of high ratings on Etsy, seemed a lot better. It was comfortable, seemed sturdy, fit well, and HisKeyHolder82 liked the way it looked. I also liked that I wouldn’t need to schedule uncaging for hygiene a couple times a week like we do when I’m in my HT. After a couple of days, the one we thought would last a bit cracked around the connecting points on the ring and the casing around the lock.

Has anyone experienced that kind of breaking/fracturing from an authentic Kink3d device? If so, did the company do anything to make it right? Do authentic devices hold up well against normal day to day activities (work standing up for several hours, working out a few times a week, yard work, etc.)?
0 x
Engineer
Re: Cobra Durability Question

Post by Engineer »

I bought 2 knockoffs before the real thing, both from the same vendor. One was horrendous quality, cage was actually 2 piece construction and cracked within 2 days and the rings were very brittle ( I could crack them with just a small flex). The 2nd looked pretty good but the cage still cracked on the under side after about a week and overall had more flex than the real thing allowing the ball gap to open more.

The real thing is going on 6 months without issue for me through very active wear. I don't have any experience dealing with the company outside of ordering as I haven't had issues.
0 x
ChasteCouple82

Post by ChasteCouple82 »

Engineer wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:16 am I bought 2 knockoffs before the real thing, both from the same vendor. One was horrendous quality, cage was actually 2 piece construction and cracked within 2 days and the rings were very brittle ( I could crack them with just a small flex). The 2nd looked pretty good but the cage still cracked on the under side after about a week and overall had more flex than the real thing allowing the ball gap to open more.

The real thing is going on 6 months without issue for me through very active wear. I don't have any experience dealing with the company outside of ordering as I haven't had issues.
Thank you. That’s encouraging.
0 x
caged_tx

Post by caged_tx »

I have a cage from Kink3d and wore it for the better part of a year. Never had any issues with durability. It seems to be pretty well made. I was able to run, do yardwork, etc with no problems. From my experience the owner was pretty responsive when I placed my order, but since then I haven’t had any need to contact them since the cage worked well for me.
0 x
ChasteCouple82

Post by ChasteCouple82 »

Thank you. I think we’ve all but settled in buying from Kink3d. I’m currently in an HoD HTV4 nano. We’re sort of testing the comfort of the smaller shaft before we make the purchase for the cobra.
0 x
BlackoutDevices

Post by BlackoutDevices »

I'm not kink3d but I can speak to the quality of the material.

They are 3D printed using Nylon PA12. I use the same material for my Blackout Evo though I think for a while the Cobra's were using a glass-filled version for slightly different properties (though I think they switched just to regular PA12).

Nylon PA12 is used for a lot of different purposes including medical devices because of its bio-compatible properties as well as mechanical properties. Its a material that is going to bend before it will break. From my customers I have only had one that has broken and that's because it was dropped on their tile floor and one of the arms broke off. Otherwise this is a material that is quite durable and a significant improvement over a lot of cheap, injection moulded plastic cages out there.
3 x