HT V4 Custom Ring

For the gearheads in the audience
ChasteCouple82

HT V4 Custom Ring

Post by ChasteCouple82 »

Is anyone aware of a vendor who can provide a ring between the 40 and 45 for the HT V4? The 40 injured me and the 45 about falls off.
0 x
JimR

Re: HT V4 Custom Ring

Post by JimR »

Not really an answer to your inquiry..but I have found the foam-backed waterproof adhesive tape, available at the pharmacy, can be used to reduce the ring size ~1 mm (or more) if multiple layers are used. Also provides a cushioned, slip-resistant surface. I am using it on my HT V4 (copy). Also, I have used a half-round file, fine sand paper, and finally XXXX steel wool, to enlarge the diameter of smaller rings by a couple of mm. Really easy to do, just gradually and carefully remove ring material until you have it right. In addition, as you probably know, it may be possible, at least for the HT copy, to immerse the ring in very hot water for a few seconds, then mold/re-shape the contour of the ring. This may or may not help in your situation.
0 x
ChasteCouple82

Post by ChasteCouple82 »

Thanks for giving a response.

How long does the tape last?
0 x
JimR

Post by JimR »

While YMMV, I would expect at least a week, maybe more. You would need to be sure the ring is absolutely free of any oils/lubricants, that could affect tape adhesion. Overlapping tape, so it can adhere to itself, with the seam on a non-skin contact area may also help.
0 x