Looking for plastic/resin Jailbird replacement

For the gearheads in the audience
inchastityat127
Looking for plastic/resin Jailbird replacement

Post by inchastityat127 »

I LOVE my Jailbird however, it is not conducive to air travel. My job will require flying a bit over the next year so I'm looking for a replacement for my Jailbird to get through airport security. Since the travel is work related, my wife (and keyholder) won't be with me.

I’ve lost some weight recently (15ish pounds) with about 10 more on my goal. Now my base ring is too big. I didn’t realize my balls lost weight! Haha

So the plastic/resin can be worn while I send my MMJB back to get fitted for smaller base ring, and can also be worn during travel. My wife WILL not allow me to be unlocked while in the absence of the Jailbird.

The departing flight isn't a big deal - I can self lock after getting through security. However, she doesn't want me to remain unlocked for the duration of the trip (a few days to a few weeks) and doesn't want me to have a key with me to unlock prior to the return flight.

I KNOW there's a TON of devices out there, but I thought I would use experience and knowledge of the forum to help narrow my search a bit by posting the measurements I'm looking for. It doesn't have to be an exact fit, but I would prefer pretty close for comfort. I have already spent hours looking at devices and haven't really found anything close. Most devices I’ve see are either too large in diameter or TINY. I can’t find anything in between.

diameter inside: 1 1/8 inches or 29 mm
length: 1/34 inches or 45 mm

The base ring is usually offered in several sizes, but if it matters, I'm looking for 1 3/4 inch or 45 mm.

Please post links or Manufacturer name and model name, please.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by inchastityat127 on Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
LuckyEddie

Re: Looking for plastic/resin Jailbird replacement

Post by LuckyEddie »

The Whole-Body Imager's that the TSA has taken to using will still find it, plastic or not. The walk through metal detectors most likely wont as long as the lock or tumbler is the only additional metal you have on you. And when you get to the resolution pat down you have about a 75% chance of the screener locating it as well. Some explaining will be in order, but honestly it won’t be the first one found at your checkpoints, it happens from time to time. That is unless you are flying from very small airports, they might find it a bit unusual. Honestly, it will be a bit embarrassing for you, and for them, but it should not present any real problems. Expect the additional screening to take another 15-20 minutes so make allowances.

Eddie
Former TSA screener
1 x
inchastityat127

LuckyEddie wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:42 am The Whole-Body Imager's that the TSA has taken to using will still find it, plastic or not. The walk through metal detectors most likely wont as long as the lock or tumbler is the only additional metal you have on you.
I should have mentioned that I’m TSA pre check and use the metal detectors.

But thanks for the info.
0 x
DrPinotNoir

Post by DrPinotNoir »

I think you are compromising too much with plastic/resin.

How about bringing along this.
Kitchen Safe Time Locking Container (Mini)

type that in amazon.. Boom.. put in the time until you are going back to the airport.. key is GONE. I have one of these. MY wife likes putting the timer on.. then when it expires. Oh.. too bad.. I added 2 days.
1 x
Homebody

Post by Homebody »

The cobra style cages from Kink3d are a really good change from metal. They give almost as much access for cleaning as a jailbird style. I have found them to be very light and comfortable. However, I would be cautious about putting on any new cage that you don't have experience with and leaving for a long time without access to a key. Good luck
0 x
inchastityat127

Homebody wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:02 pm The cobra style cages from Kink3d are a really good change from metal. They give almost as much access for cleaning as a jailbird style. I have found them to be very light and comfortable. However, I would be cautious about putting on any new cage that you don't have experience with and leaving for a long time without access to a key. Good luck
I have looked at those, actually. Your warning is understood. I’ve lost some weight recently (15ish pounds) with about 10 more on my goal. Now my base ring is too big. I didn’t realize my balls lost weight! Haha

So the plastic/resin can be worn while I send my MMJB back to get fitted for smaller base ring, and can also be worn during travel. My wife WILL not allow me to be unlocked while in the absence of the Jailbird.
0 x
inchastityat127

DrPinotNoir wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:50 am How about bringing along this.
Kitchen Safe Time Locking Container (Mini)

type that in amazon.. Boom.. put in the time until you are going back to the airport.. key is GONE. I have one of these. MY wife likes putting the timer on.. then when it expires. Oh.. too bad.. I added 2 days.
I just ordered one for possible home/travel use.
1 x
DrPinotNoir

Post by DrPinotNoir »

What are your jailbird measurements? Ive bought 25-30 knockoffs.I could tell you which metal ones (Cheapos) work good enough. Lot of stainless steel ones can be bought for 15-25 dollars. Do you have interest in some stainless steel knockoffs? Not a fan of resin. for me.. they get warm and start getting bendy. plus I can defeat that stupid burg wacher lock in seriously 4 seconds. She knows I can pick it.. but she has ZERO idea how fast I can pick it now. any 3 or 4 number combo lock too. Those are insane easy.
0 x
inchastityat127

DrPinotNoir wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:23 pm What are your jailbird measurements? Ive bought 25-30 knockoffs.

I can defeat that stupid burg wacher lock in seriously 4 seconds.
diameter inside: 1 1/8 inches or 29 mm
length: 1/34 inches or 45 mm

The base ring is usually offered in several sizes, but if it matters, I'm looking for 1 3/4 inch or 45 mm.

We’ll use the same lock we use on the Jailbird. I’ve never tried to pick it, but it probably wouldn’t be very difficult.

I want plastic/resin if I can find one that fits well that will make air travel easier. Since I’m TSA Pre-check, I only have to worry about metal detectors.

I also need some adjustments to the Jailbird, and the wife won’t want me free while those are being done.
0 x
Lockedcock36535

Post by Lockedcock36535 »

The Cherrykeeper resembles a jailbird. Could use the permalock with it and just drill it out when you get back to your wife.
2 x