Cobra cage allergic reaction

For the gearheads in the audience
nosaint
Last orgasm: January 21st, 2024
Orgasms this year: 3
Re: Cobra cage allergic reaction

Post by nosaint »

I had no problems with them responding to emails. They were always positive interactions. As I suspected, pink will be the first color offered that is hypoallergenic. But they said they might be able to offer me a grey one at some point in 2022. I prefer to deal with the original designers of products. I don't trust the knock off manufacturers on the ingredients they may use. It was just a few years ago that a chinese toy manufacturer was found to be using lead based paint. If they are willing to potentially poison children, I am sure they aren't worried about me.
0 x
Caged 24/7 since January 23,2024. Locked in a Cherry Keeper Micro
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

creampieeatin wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:59 pm Guess I'll find out soon. Just placed an order with kink3d. My last 2 steel cages wound up having rust issues which has been surprising with both manufacturers saying they use high grade steel to prevent rust. Shockingly, neither of them have responded to e-mails. So, I figured I'ld try something where rust wouldn't be an issue and could make a couple tweaks to get a better fit.
I have a 'stainless' steel stockpot with Martha Stewart's name on it. Big name like that, you'd think the quality would be there, right? You'd be wrong. Out of a half a dozen SS stockpots of various sizes and cost, it's the only one to go rusty. One of them I just found after losing it outside for about two years, had a little black schmoodge on the inside but it cleaned up right nice with little effort, and not a speck of rust. Of course, that happens to be the single most expensive pot I own, well north of $100 IIRC, for just the one. Sometimes you *do* get what you pay for.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

TwistedMister wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:11 am

I have a 'stainless' steel stockpot with Martha Stewart's name on it. Big name like that, you'd think the quality would be there, right? You'd be wrong. Out of a half a dozen SS stockpots of various sizes and cost, it's the only one to go rusty. One of them I just found after losing it outside for about two years, had a little black schmoodge on the inside but it cleaned up right nice with little effort, and not a speck of rust. Of course, that happens to be the single most expensive pot I own, well north of $100 IIRC, for just the one. Sometimes you *do* get what you pay for.
Right, and sometimes you don't get what you pay for. Your Martha Stewart Stockpot sounds like our Bobby Flay steak knives which were the worst I have ever encountered. They would not slice or cut a steak. They simply tore at a steak, eventually ripping it apart.
0 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
TwistedMister

Post by TwistedMister »

WifeIsVanilla wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:53 pm
TwistedMister wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:11 am

Right, and sometimes you don't get what you pay for. Your Martha Stewart Stockpot sounds like our Bobby Flay steak knives which were the worst I have ever encountered. They would not slice or cut a steak. They simply tore at a steak, eventually ripping it apart.
I have noticed an increase of well-known names and famous brands [once] known for high-quality products being 'licensed' for the production of cheap Chinese shit. There is an air fryer with Emeril's name on it (and he does an infomercial about it), you would think it would be a good product. He wouldn't lend his well-known name to something that is no good, right? Well, if you read reviews from people who have bought them, there is an abnormally large number of complaints about them catching on fire, along with other issues.

I bought a knife branded as 'Winchester', turned out to be a piece of cheap Chinese crap. Westinghouse, Bell & Howell and many more, once known for quality and a good reputation are now being plastered on cheap shit that doesn't last and often doesn't even work at all as advertised.

The old adage of "If the price seems too good to be true..." applies more than ever these days.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

"The old adage of "If the price seems too good to be true..." applies more than ever these days."

TM - I certainly agree, but even price isn't a guarantee. Those Bobby Flay knives were not inexpensive.
0 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
TwistedMister

Post by TwistedMister »

WifeIsVanilla wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:35 am "The old adage of "If the price seems too good to be true..." applies more than ever these days."

TM - I certainly agree, but even price isn't a guarantee. Those Bobby Flay knives were not inexpensive.
That would *really* piss me off, to buy something expensive and have it turnout to be crap...like the drainsnake I bought the other day, broke on first use. Well, at least the drain seems to be working now, it lasted just long enough...I'm glad I used a removable assembly to repair that line, instead of gluing in a PVC section, I never would have been able to reach the clog from the sink end of the line. I swear, every year I find more and more stuff that says to me "The guy that built this house was/is a moron."
0 x
crated51

Post by crated51 »

I think I reacted a similar way to a knockoff. Was thinking the cheap version would possibly give size confirmation for eventually getting the real thing. Now....... COMPLETELY turned off to any Chicom plastic.
0 x
It's not happy people that are thankful, it's thankful people that are happy.
shyguy
Last orgasm: May 14th, 2023

Post by shyguy »

I have no known allergies and I had a previous Chinese Cobra cage which was no problem until it broke. I ordered another plastic cage from China and within seconds of wearing it I could feel a burning sensation. I took it off and couldn't see any issue so I put it back on and stuck with it for a few hours. What a mistake. It burned like hell and when I took it off my skin was very swollen and sore. It took a week to heal and the cage is in the bin. Avoid.
0 x
jth40s

Post by jth40s »

I just experienced this issue as well. This was my first (and last) non stainless steel cage. It's miserable.
Too bad, though. I liked the fit.
0 x
BlackoutDevices

Post by BlackoutDevices »

I use the same manufacturing process as the Cobra's and it is most likely the dye. The material that authentic ones are made with are Nylon PA12 which is a bio-compatible material which I haven't heard of any allergic reactions to the material itself.

I offer an undyed version of my Blackout Evo for this reason. Its not on my menus (yet, will be updating that soon) but it is possible and I've had a few people ask for it. So if you want a cage on par or better than the Cobra without the dye come check out my Evo.

As for why the chinese one's are hit and miss on the allergic reaction I think its because they have been mixing various components together that have different materials. So some might be made with black plastic and then a different piece might be made using a plastic that needs dyed. So its going to depend on where you get it and its certainly not going to be consistent.
0 x