How to know if a ring is too tight

For the gearheads in the audience
Sissy_wannabe
How to know if a ring is too tight

Post by Sissy_wannabe »

My ring appears big to me.And what I do was try to put a finger (small one,) in between ring and shaft and know whether the finger can slightly fit inside.If yes,, I can say that the ring is not too tight. But even then sometimes I feel my ring is tight or sometimes lose..how do you guys figure out this?
0 x
slave d

Re: How to know if a ring is too tight

Post by slave d »

Nothing to do with fingers etc, purely a matter of what suits you. Most people start larger and slowly get smaller till they’re happy, a bit like they do with length, too long then shorter and shorter. Just go with what works for you. If it’s too tight it will cause issues of pain and swelling and you need to go up a size, later you may be able to return to that size though, it’s all a matter of trial and error. Also try wearing for a day then rest a day then two days and so on until you get used to it.

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Sissy_wannabe

Post by Sissy_wannabe »

slave d wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:37 am Nothing to do with fingers etc, purely a matter of what suits you. Most people start larger and slowly get smaller till they’re happy, a bit like they do with length, too long then shorter and shorter. Just go with what works for you. If it’s too tight it will cause issues of pain and swelling and you need to go up a size, later you may be able to return to that size though, it’s all a matter of trial and error. Also try wearing for a day then rest a day then two days and so on until you get used to it.

MsM’s ld
Thanks for the info
0 x
SteveOD

Post by SteveOD »

Very easy. If you cannot get the first joint of your index finger under it, it is too tight.
0 x
Sissy_wannabe

Post by Sissy_wannabe »

SteveOD wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:42 pm Very easy. If you cannot get the first joint of your index finger under it, it is too tight.
Great info thNks
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

Sissy_wannabe wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:16 pm
SteveOD wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:42 pm Very easy. If you cannot get the first joint of your index finger under it, it is too tight.
Great info thNks
This is not true at all, what fits you and works is right. i can’t fit any part of any finger under mine and even went to a hinged A-ring in order to get one tight enough. So to give generalised statements like you have to be able to fit your big toe under it is nonsense, it may be tight for one person but totally wrong for others. That’s why i said to experiment over time !!!

MsM’s ld
1 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Mr Pickle

Post by Mr Pickle »

In old English one would know thine ringeth be too tight in thy following way...

Ya knob dropeth off.
2 x
Me. "I only got 30 seconds, that's not fair". C. "life's not fair, suck it up" :(
Mr Pickle

Post by Mr Pickle »

Seriously though. Slave d hit It on the nail, the finger rule doesn't fit everyone. I'm a grower, it's no good for me. Trial and error I think. 2mm can make all the difference. 1mm can still.
40mm is good for me. 38 too tight to sleep in 42 tears my balls off at night. No way I can get a finger in there. But after two years I figured it must be about right.
3 x
Me. "I only got 30 seconds, that's not fair". C. "life's not fair, suck it up" :(
Engineer

Post by Engineer »

Mr Pickle wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:57 am Seriously though. Slave d hit It on the nail, the finger rule doesn't fit everyone. I'm a grower, it's no good for me. Trial and error I think. 2mm can make all the difference. 1mm can still.
40mm is good for me. 38 too tight to sleep in 42 tears my balls off at night. No way I can get a finger in there. But after two years I figured it must be about right.
Those small differences make a big difference! Starting with the cheap cages, you often only get choices of 40, 45, 50 or whatever.

45 "fit" but would cause pinching at night, 40 was way to small and 50 would fall off. Wasn't really sure which way to go.

Ordering one of the knockoff Cobra cages came with a set of 4 rings, the 48mm ring is super comfortable while still secure.
2 x