Metal v. Synthetic for long term

For the gearheads in the audience
Mermaiden
Metal v. Synthetic for long term

Post by Mermaiden »

I have a plastic cage, only been wearing for a week, but looks might become long term so I’m thinking about a device to wear for months or more. Most devices are synthetics but the MM stainless seems most popular long term, and hard to beat stainless for durability. I can see a custom fit would make a big difference, too.

Should I be looking at steel for months lock up?
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4
Re: Metal v. Synthetic for long term

Post by TwistedMister »

Mermaiden wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:44 am Should I be looking at steel for months lock up?
Some folks say it's easier, but I haven't had a problem with the CB-3000. I squirt some liquid or gel soap in, get a finger under the ring and slide it in and swish it all around, then a rinse with a strong spray from a handheld showerhead.

I have long, skinny (bony) fingers so it is fairly easy to do this, someone with fatter fingers might not be able to do it. In that case, you would need some kind of sponge on a stick.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

First started out, as many of us here have done with a plastic or silicone device. I truly loved the feel of my CB6000s and the way it fit but the turning point happened about 7 years ago. My wife and I were on a get-a-way weekend trip to a romantic B&B. I had the CB on for about a week and thought I was doing a pretty good job by keeping myself clean utilizing soap, swabs and handheld shower nozzle. Well Saturday evening the CB6000s came off and we both realized I wasn't doing a very effective job in keeping myself clean and sanitized. Totally killed the moment. We needed to seek an alternative and did as when we got back home both she and I searched online for a stainless steel device. I remember sitting in front of the computer looking at the different styles and having her input on what she liked. It was like we were picking out a washer & Dryer. :lol: It's been stainless steel ever since.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
Caged Lion

Post by Caged Lion »

I've tried lots of devices. The issue in terms of long term wear is more the design than material. The Jail Bird is a great design for continuous wear. I wore mine for 3 years 24/7. Once you get the size right, it's great. The same is true of plastic. Please disregard the CB3000 and cages like it. They are great because they are inexpensive and can be comfortable. The design is hard to clean. There are several wonderful machine-printed devices. The Evotion Orion isn't cheap. It's about the same price as a Jail Bird. It's custom built for you. I love mine. It is so lightweight that I forget it's there. Cleaning is very easy. I have reviews of a bunch of devices on my website.
1 x
Our podcasts on Apple Podcast Store
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/m ... 1528619424
In chastity since 2013
https://malechastityjournal.com
snug_tube

Post by snug_tube »

My active lifestyle includes cycling and occasionally passing through metal detectors, so I require a durable and secure but comfortable mostly non-metallic device suitable for extended 24/7 wear. I have a beautiful stainless steel tube from Mistress Lori, but my custom-made non-metallic (PVC/ABS/Bondo) chastity tube that locks through my PA piercing has proven to be the most comfortable and practical. I take daily showers and haven't experienced any hygiene/odor issues.
0 x