Review: A273 Stainless Steel

For the gearheads in the audience
DesMue
Review: A273 Stainless Steel

Post by DesMue »

As mentioned in my earlier thread, I’ve purchased what I’ll call an A273 (since this seems to be a common name for the device, though it wasn’t what the device I bought was labeled as on Amazon). And as promised, I am writing an initial review.

The Device

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08PBLCJS5/

I ordered the 45mm ring. As I said elsewhere, I needed a larger ring with the CB cages because the rings are round. I got into a smaller ring with the ergonomic ones on my Nub knockoff (50mm) and for this one I ordered a 45mm since I could see the cage does not need to go through the ring and subtracted the space needed for that from the 50mm. The 45mm actually does fit me, which I never thought would be the case based on my CB experience.

The Shipping

With slightly faster than usual shipping, the all-in cost was around $40. I got it only several days after ordering. This is good, I believe, when considering how long it would take from a site like DHGate (where I got my CB6KS) coming directly from China.

I ordered it as a ‘gift’ as I believe this makes Amazon package the items more discretely. It was in a small box - loosely so you could hear it jingle - with the name of the item printed on the box. That box was then inside one of the 9x12 white and blue padded envelopes (Amazon shoppers will know what I mean). It had the company name on the return label, but a search on Amazon of that company (FeiGu) shows them to sell everything under the Sun so nothing obvious there, either. I guess it wasn’t packaged as discretely as it could have been, but at the very least it was not ripped open and so there was nothing obvious to anyone handling the package what it contained. Whew!

The Review

I’ve worn it off and on for about 3-4 hours total (longest stretch was 2.5 hours yesterday). Let me start with what I like:

What I Like…

It felt heavy when I held it in my hands but that must be because I am not accustomed to steel devices. It was actually not weighty at all once on. Putting it on was pretty easy, though I had to tug at my scrotum to loosen it a little so I could slip both testicles through. This is where I think a hinged ring would make things better, but still easy-enough to put on. The cage fits simply into the ring with two holes on either side of the coupler to assist in alignment and plenty of room in the coupler itself to forgive any errors in placement. Once locked, it stays in place easily on its own. I was originally worried that the bars in front would make erections painful should my urethra get caught on one especially since my penis naturally bends to the side a bit. Nevertheless, that actually happened the first time I was wearing it and I didn’t even notice it had happened until taking my pants down to use the toilet and noticing “hey, this thing has been pushing up against there this whole time and didn’t hurt a bit”.

The cage is also properly wide-enough not to compress my penis from the sides, and that is what I think makes urinating in it so much easier than the Nub knockoff. It probably also helps that it’s longer, too, by probably an inch.

Despite the extra room, it’s more discrete than the Nub knockoff and while there is space for my penis to get out of line, the wide openings in the bars make it pretty easy to get it back to where it needs to go.

What I Dislike…

I have four dislikes regarding this cage and one problem. I’ll start with the problem, which is that the lock that came with it was garbage and barely worked. Luckily I had a lock from my Nub knock off which I could use, and so I won’t be holding that issue against the device. As to my dislikes...

First, it’s metal. I know that it’s obvious and I bought it anyway, but I still think non-metal would be better for security reasons (never know when you might find yourself through a metal detector…!).

Second, the coupler could be better placed. As you can see from the pictures, it sticks up and out. Were it laid more flat (in line with the cage), it would be even less noticeable under clothing. Further, the coupler is too small to fully contain the lock - something else you can see in the pictures. This means the top of the lock sticks out with a sharp angle. Unless the thicker zipper portion of your pants is aligned with this point, the lock will protrude from the looser material to the size of the zipper and form a very obvious point. It wasn’t too hard keeping it lined up properly, but I can certainly see how after some time it could move out of line and if you aren’t constantly checking on it you could be going about your day with a pointy crotch…

Third, there is no guard for the tip of the penis right at the opening to the urethra. When getting even slightly hard, the urethra protrudes out (like a prolapse… if that applies to the urethra) and this very sensitive area then rubs against the underwear. It is quite uncomfortable. The Nub knockoff I have has a ridge sticking out of the hole at the tip so that even as this protrusion is happening there, it is protected from contacting clothing. I think I noticed this rubbing only once in the days I wore the Nub knockoff and it wasn’t even that bad. With this cage, I noticed it almost immediately and consistently and it is not a good feeling.

Fourth and finally, the connections between the cage and the ring (the coupler and two holes and posts) are quite loose and there is a good amount of play here. It is to the point that under certain conditions (which came up with reasonable frequency) the sound of metal jingling against other metal can be heard coming from my crotch. The looseness exists both at the point where the posts on the cage join the holes in the ring and where the locking coupler is. Even when properly locked, there is back and forth and up and down movement possible at the coupler. I imagine this would be one of the easiest of the dislikes to fix - perhaps with a little electrical tape around the posts on the cage to make them join the holes in the ring more snuggly along with something similar within the coupler. But it would be better if they were just fitted correctly to begin with…

Final Thoughts

Overall, this is an okay cage. The discomfort at the tip, though, means I will likely not pick up wearing it long term and am probably off to continue the hunt for my forever cage once again.

Thanks for reading!

DM
0 x
locked4her55
Re: Review: A273 Stainless Steel

Post by locked4her55 »

Sorry to hear you have these negative issues with your A273. Like with many things coming out of China I believe it's hit or miss with regards to any kind of standardization and quality control.
1 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
Homebody

Post by Homebody »

I agree with your review. I have the same cage from DHGate and it sounds like the same quality. I do find it comfortable to wear for several days. I take it off for showers.

As far as the part of the lock the sticks up from the cage. Watch out because it is sharp enough to damage clothes. What I do is take a small piece of electrical tape, like half the size of a stamp, and place it over the lock. It protects any material that come into contact with it. Electrical tape has a nice thickness to it and is cheep and comes in many colors.

Enjoy your cage.
1 x
DesMue

Post by DesMue »

Homebody wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:03 am I agree with your review. I have the same cage from DHGate and it sounds like the same quality. I do find it comfortable to wear for several days. I take it off for showers.
Can I ask if you have the same problem at the tip with your urethra and if so how you solve it or if not how you've prevented it?
As far as the part of the lock the sticks up from the cage. Watch out because it is sharp enough to damage clothes. What I do is take a small piece of electrical tape, like half the size of a stamp, and place it over the lock. It protects any material that come into contact with it. Electrical tape has a nice thickness to it and is cheep and comes in many colors.
Thank you. That is some good advice. I had not considered that it might damage my clothes, but it does make sense after you bring it up. I'll get it protected if I end up solving the urethra issue and can start wearing it more often.
0 x
DesMue

Post by DesMue »

locked4her55 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:43 pm Sorry to hear you have these negative issues with your A273. Like with many things coming out of China I believe it's hit or miss with regards to any kind of standardization and quality control.
No need to be sorry; it's not your fault! :P

I just wish I could manage the urethra issue at the tip because then I could still see myself wearing this while I search for one I might like better - even if I also have to make some other adjustments to snug up the coupling.
0 x
Homebody

Post by Homebody »

I haven’t had any issues with irritation of the tip. Sorry but I am not sure what to recommend.
0 x
crated51

Post by crated51 »

Squeeze the gap together carefully. Now down to 4mm gap at the top and is more comfortable.
0 x
It's not happy people that are thankful, it's thankful people that are happy.
lcckedbysue
Last orgasm: August 19th, 2021
Orgasms this year: 6

Post by lcckedbysue »

I think one could file down the lock portion that sticks up above the joining pieces.
0 x
Currently locked in her A276 with a BW lock, custom key by Chastity Shop