What's so funny about hinges?

For the gearheads in the audience
mrrigid
Orgasms this year: 6
What's so funny about hinges?

Post by mrrigid »

Long time denial fan looking to get into steel. My situation is that I'm a high-baller and an asymmetric one, so solid rings are tough to get on and keep on.

I know hinges pinch but they seem much more workable to me. Not much to lose trying something like this, though.

Are there any devices with adjustable rings? Security isn't a main concern. I'm almost imagining a zip-tie action -- but unlockable, of course!

Any thoughts - Happy Holiday!
0 x
Ejaculation is for babies.
Mostly honor system. Romi metal cage sometimes. Mike's Spikes for special occasions.
slave d

Re: What's so funny about hinges?

Post by slave d »

FWIW i have been in this 24/7 for over 6 months now though i do have a piece of silicon tube over the hinge to ensure no irritation. My issue initially was i couldn’t get a small enough solid ring to stay secure that i could actually get everything through. So, i now have the second size up of this (had the smallest initially but it was actually too tight) and it’s fantastic, not impossible to pull out the back but difficult which is what was wanted. i too had been anti hinge after previous experience but this one is fine. Even without the tube it was ok but i didn’t want to end up with “injury” and spending weeks uncaged sitting it out.

https://m.dhgate.com/product/2017-curve ... d=7BFna20d

MsM’s ld
1 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Every hinged cuff ring I've tried has chafed or pinched, even after I sanded and polished them down. But maybe that's just me. I stopped fighting it, and stuck with solid.

I also have high, tight, and asymmetric. I found that I need a solid ring that is tight, so I put it on in the shower when the hot soapy water loosens things up a bit.
3 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

Unfortunately i just couldn’t find a small enough solid ring anyway. Smallest i found was 36mm and that simply wasn’t small enough. i guess i might be able to get into a smaller one with lube etc but i haven’t found one yet.

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

mrrigid wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:27 pm
I know hinges pinch but they seem much more workable to me. Not much to lose trying something like this, though.
I've seen better hinge designs than that, plus, the design where the cage mates looks like it would be 'loose' and 'sloppy'.

I know that there is/was an 'adjustable' one, built on the idea of a handcuff but I think it was a bit large and 'clunky'.

I'll be going for a hinge at some point as well. My balls are too big to get through a properly sized solid ring.

There is a company that makes locking neck collars that appear to have an excellent hinge design-very smooth looking. I'm wondering if they could be persuaded to branch out into something smaller...
1 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
LockedByBD

Post by LockedByBD »

mrrigid wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:27 pm Not much to lose trying something like this, though.
Been in one almost the same as the above 24/7 for a few months now.
Slipped out of a slightly larger ring so I moved to a smaller ring. The only problem I've had is that it get's a little tight when I'm out walking the dog for too long this winter.

On the other hand my wife loves me locked, so grin and bear it!
0 x
Locked when my wife wants it locked.
Jon Descer

Post by Jon Descer »

TwistedMister wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:31 am
mrrigid wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:27 pm
I've seen better hinge designs than that, plus, the design where the cage mates looks like it would be 'loose' and 'sloppy'.

I know that there is/was an 'adjustable' one, built on the idea of a handcuff but I think it was a bit large and 'clunky'.

I'll be going for a hinge at some point as well. My balls are too big to get through a properly sized solid ring.

There is a company that makes locking neck collars that appear to have an excellent hinge design-very smooth looking. I'm wondering if they could be persuaded to branch out into something smaller...
I know this is unrelated, but what company makes those locking neck collars? Uh, asking for a friend.

To TC, I don't have experience with hinged cages (though I tried hinged ball weights--terrible!), but I will say that my problem of the boys pulling through was solved with my current cage just because the gap is too small. If it's quite cold, they can get a little uncomfortable when pulling up tight, but never truly painful and never pinching.
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Jon Descer wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:46 pm I know this is unrelated, but what company makes those locking neck collars? Uh, asking for a friend.
I wish I could remember, but...SOL. I didn't bookmark the site or write it down anywhere. I remember looking at the stuff and thinking "Nice work", but that's it.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
mrrigid
Orgasms this year: 6

Post by mrrigid »

Thanks everyone for the advice.
I notice some cages now come with hinge covers already in place.
But I did order the original device as I think it'll be the right size. My wife and I are both looking forward to it!
0 x
Ejaculation is for babies.
Mostly honor system. Romi metal cage sometimes. Mike's Spikes for special occasions.
lockedforfun

Post by lockedforfun »

I'm late to the party, but in case someone else has questions about hinges, I was able to wear this one from Fancy Bondage for over a month without any problem from the hinge, though that may just be me. I haven't tried any other hinged devices (ordinarily wear a MM Queen's Keep).

https://fancybondage.com/collections/ma ... age-hbs051
0 x