Sudden issues with my Jailbird

For the gearheads in the audience
sirmebane
Last orgasm: December 19th, 2021
Orgasms this year: 0

Sudden issues with my Jailbird

Post by sirmebane »

I have already reached out to MM about this issue but I wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar issue.

I've been inside my jailbird for over 3.5 years, had issues with slipping out (unusual circumstance but it happened) so had the ring re-sized and it has been rock solid for 3+ years now.

All of a sudden, I have skin irritation over the past six months (three different times) where it just gets raw and grumpy at the base of the penis/top of the scrotum. This is where the largest ring of the cage sits in contact nearly all of the time. We take a break and let it all heal but here we are again.

Anyone have a similar issue with a way to fix it?
0 x
If my comments don't annoy you, follow my exploits here. I started all of this April 2016.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=62123
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018

Re: Sudden issues with my Jailbird

Post by Tom Allen »

It's possible for your body to become allergic to some metals over time. MM uses 316 stainless, which should be pretty low on the reactivity scale, so you may want to look at other factors.

If you are not in the habit of removing the cage and cuff ring, perhaps a good cleaning once a month in a mild bleach solution would be a good place to start.

Also, the change in weather may have some of your wabbly bits sitting differently in the cage. Make sure that you aren't allowing sweat or urine to become trapped in folds of skin.
0 x
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

I am paranoid about soap residue not being completely rinsed off in the shower for fear of it causing skin irritation afterward, so I am always extra thorough during the "rinse cycle." Might you occasionally be a little lax and having a reaction to the soap residue?
0 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
DLinchastity

Post by DLinchastity »

Take a close look at the ring that is in contact look for pitting. Full contact with the skin is not under salt water but with little or no flow could act the same . Just something else to check.

The Effects of Salt Water on Stainless Steel. There is a misconception about stainless steel in that it doesn’t rust or corrode when exposed to water, specifically sea water. Stainless steel can in fact rust and corrode if continuously exposed over time. However, there are different grades and alloy compositions of stainless steel that make some stainless products more corrosion resistant than others.
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

DLinchastity wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:22 am Take a close look at the ring that is in contact look for pitting. Full contact with the skin is not under salt water but with little or no flow could act the same . Just something else to check.

The Effects of Salt Water on Stainless Steel. There is a misconception about stainless steel in that it doesn’t rust or corrode when exposed to water, specifically sea water. Stainless steel can in fact rust and corrode if continuously exposed over time. However, there are different grades and alloy compositions of stainless steel that make some stainless products more corrosion resistant than others.
That's for sure. I have a bunch of SS cookware, there is a [very] noticeable difference in quality with some brands- my Emeril and Calphalon pans are great, Belgique 'Tools of the Trade' are good, and Martha Stewart sucks, as do some other cheap brands. The MS and cheapos rusted and pitted quickly, even just in storage.

Same thing with knives. The cheap SS rust and pit (and don't hold an edge well), while my Zwilling/Henkles and Wustoff hold up much better. The one exception is a super cheap cleaver with a serrated edge- I don't remember where I got it, but I actually use it a *lot*, especially for cutting/slicing/chopping/dicing veggies.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
eurolicious

Post by eurolicious »

Hi,

I registered because I have the same issue.....had the Jailbird over a year, can manage 14 days at best. Have tried a double ring and smaller rings, even Plasti Dip on the bottom half of the ring as I read on another board. My issue stems from me being hi and tight for a few days, and then the scrotom stretches out. This means the cage slides and allows erections to start. My understanding is you want the ring to grip at the start of getting hard and then it contains it. Definitely at the smallest ring I can be, and cage is sized right. Now I am playing with gap. Went down to 1/2" and might try 1/4" as MM mentions thats is good for stretched scrotums. Using lubes makes it worse it is helps the cage slide down. Waiting for the skin to heal as we speak...

Frustrated, but determined to get it right....
0 x
sirmebane
Last orgasm: December 19th, 2021

Post by sirmebane »

My conversations with MM have basically been that I need to size down both the ring and the cage to get it resolved. I have found no allergic reaction and no pitting in the cage or ring.

I don't know... I'm going to have to take a break and figure this out.
0 x
If my comments don't annoy you, follow my exploits here. I started all of this April 2016.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=62123