HTv4; 45 ring

For the gearheads in the audience
Nem
HTv4; 45 ring

Post by Nem »

I have used the HTv2 for years.

V2 45 ring and a normal tube & short tube (that I modified to be shorter) fit just fine. Never had an issue.

V4 45 ring with nub tube fits fine, no tightness issues (except nub is crazy small).
The nano tube on the other hand feels too tight around the scrotum. The tube is pointed down and the gap between the ring and the tube does not leave enough space, I think.

Anyone else run into this issue? Thinking I will have to order the 50 ring to solve the problem, but I wanted to check here. Seems odd that the v2 45 would be good but the v4 45 would be tight with only one of the tubes I have.

Thanks,
Nem
0 x
slave d

Re: HTv4; 45 ring

Post by slave d »

It’s one of the problems with the HT range that nothing is adjustable in any way really, so if the gaps too small or too big there’s nothing you can do, it’s one of the reasons MsM took me back to S/S because at worst on most S/S devices a vice and a mallet can adjust most things. We also had failure issues with the HT that lead me to feel they’re really for the “trialling” group rather than long term wear. It’s a pity because they’re very expensive and the knock-offs vary in quality and in shape so it’s difficult to know what you’ll get or how it will fit.

MsM’s ld
1 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Nem
Re: HTv4; 45 ring

Post by Nem »

Update time.

I ordered the 50 ring and it relieves the problem a little bit, but the ring itself is wider than it is taller, so not perfect.
Checking the gap 45 vs 50 the difference is about .125". Not a ton, but enough.

The 50 is functional and though it is not perfect I decided wear it for a few days to see how it goes.

This frees up the 45 ring for experimentation. If I can bend the ring backwards say, .375 (or so) I would give myself enough room and salvage the part.
That is exactly what I was able to accomplish by...

* Submerging the 45 ring in boiling water (poured boiled water into a bowl)
* Pulled it out (with chopsticks)
** The heat leaves the ring very pliable. I felt like I could easily destroy the ring because of how soft it was.
* Attached it to a (cold) tube with a lock.
* Used some scrap wood as a wedge at the bottom of the ring between the ring and tube.

The wedge did 2 things.
1 - Bends the ring backwards. (good)
2 - Contorts / opens the dovetail where the tube connects to the ring. (bad)

I was able to mitigate the dovetail deformation by holding it closed with some pliers.

* With the wedge in place and the pliers on the dovetail, I submerged everything in a bowl of ice water near by to help set the changes I made.

The pliers did cause a small deformation in the keyhole, but I was able to resolve that with more hot water and a flat head screw driver.

The whole process only took 45 minutes or so.

This seems to have solved the problem totally. The 45 ring feels snug and with the extra space between the ring and tube I feel comfortable with it on. 50 ring will be in storage just in case the 45 does not work out, but after a few hours with it on, it seems great.

Thanks,
Nem
0 x