My latest design

For the gearheads in the audience
Devoted2Her
My latest design

Post by Devoted2Her »

This design borrows heavily from JosieLynnCD the creator of the cherry keeper device

I created a more solid cage with venting where I usually have issues with chafing in other solid cages and made a more open pee hole so I dont restrict the urine from escaping even if I am turtling a bit. I once got a UTI from a cage with a small pee hole and it wasnt pleasant

The base ring is ergonomically shaped to better fit against the body

I mixed resins for toughness and to reduce brittleness. I integrated a magic lock instead of a pin and padlock, the pin end always being a weak point in the design
I think it will do the job
I think it will do the job
20200718_083137.jpg (37.78 KiB) Viewed 2800 times
3 x
Devoted2Her
Re: My latest design

Post by Devoted2Her »

This is one I printed out for someone on reddit who is willing to test for me (I offered it at $20) to cover shipping (to USA) and the cost of the lock insert so pretty much giving it away. It has a larger ring and tube than the one I previously printed, mailing it out today, he is excited to try it! I have another order for one with a solid cage, more for play, but I have to wait for more lock inserts.
Personalized as well
Personalized as well
20200720_051145.jpg (41.14 KiB) Viewed 2700 times
0 x
Devoted2Her

Post by Devoted2Her »

Here is the one with no vents
Attachments
20200720_185402.jpg
20200720_185402.jpg (31.62 KiB) Viewed 2648 times
0 x
Michele

Post by Michele »

Interesting... We've thought about buying a 3D printer so we could make some custom toys 🙂
1 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast
Devoted2Her

Post by Devoted2Her »

@Lady M

I have a lot of printers, about a month ago I got an SLA printer which cures resin using UV light. It is slow as hell compared to ffm (most common) 3d printing but the surface quality is crazy smooth and the layer height is so much finer that it is also a ton less porous. Ffm printing is like watching paint dry,SLA is like watching paint dry in slow motion, for example the cages above took 10 hours of print time
1 x
lockedforfun

Post by lockedforfun »

Devoted2Her wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:27 pm @Lady M

I have a lot of printers, about a month ago I got an SLA printer which cures resin using UV light. It is slow as hell compared to ffm (most common) 3d printing but the surface quality is crazy smooth and the layer height is so much finer that it is also a ton less porous. Ffm printing is like watching paint dry,SLA is like watching paint dry in slow motion, for example the cages above took 10 hours of print time
How have you found the strength/durability of the SLA prints? And what sort of resin are you using?
1 x
Devoted2Her

Post by Devoted2Her »

It is proving to be weak at the top of the cage just below the locking mechanism bending and cracking after about 1 month. I tweaked the design and added strength in that area. I also adjusted my blend of resin. I use Siraya Tech 'fast' and 'tenacious' blended 5:1 ratio and use the settings for tenacious to cure. Pictures to come of the tweaked design
2 x
Devoted2Her

Post by Devoted2Her »

I adjusted the cage part where I found weakness, here is a picture
Attachments
Thicker around the base of the cage
Thicker around the base of the cage
20200814_204045.jpg (64.94 KiB) Viewed 2059 times
1 x
lockedforfun

Post by lockedforfun »

Devoted2Her wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:12 am It is proving to be weak at the top of the cage just below the locking mechanism bending and cracking after about 1 month. I tweaked the design and added strength in that area. I also adjusted my blend of resin. I use Siraya Tech 'fast' and 'tenacious' blended 5:1 ratio and use the settings for tenacious to cure. Pictures to come of the tweaked design
Thanks. I just got an SLA printer - done plenty of FFM printing and other CAM work, but I'm new to resins. No set plans yet, but have a crazy idea to try doing a lost plastic casting in aluminium. Probably not great for long-term wear (certainly not compared to a stainless MM Queen's Keep), but fun to play around.

What might work though is jewelry for the MM security screw bit. We'll see - ambitions outpaces skill for a while.
1 x