*Closed* Looking for Testers for a New 3D Printed Cage

For the gearheads in the audience
JubsinChastity
Last orgasm: January 1st, 2030
Orgasms this year: 69
Re: Looking for Testers for a New 3D Printed Cage

Post by JubsinChastity »

Essex_sub wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:03 am I am interested, I currently wear a CK probably around 90% of the time.

What sort of cost are we looking at?
I can't give an exact amount because it is at-cost for now. I am looking to just get the parts printed cheaply and locally to the testers to keep costs down. But because of that, the cost is going to vary depending on where its being printed and shipping from there. I think for most testers it will sit between the $70-100 USD mark shipping included
0 x
Devoted2Her

Post by Devoted2Her »

Reading through your posts you are having your university printers do the printing. Makes sense, us tinkerers dont have the resources to buy the high end stuff. I just bit the bullet and purchased an SLA printer to go along with my home built ffm printers, loving the detail I can get with it but the resins aren't really good for cage applications, too brittle so far, at least the ones I've tried
0 x
Devoted2Her

Post by Devoted2Her »

I just ordered a supposed semiflexible resin that is less prone to shattering, not sure if it will work for extended wear but might make a good material for prototypes. I may try my more enclosed cage system with it
0 x
Devoted2Her

Post by Devoted2Her »

Just as a fellow tinkerer I like integrating a TPU spacer into my assemblies, the squishy properties of it allows you to pressure fit your joints which prevents gaps and pinching because it flexes and doesn't allow gaps when you have movement it keeps everything tight. I also use it for anti-pullout rings with nubs that keep you restricted but dont restrict blood flow or pinch, the only draw back is the prints are not going to be the prettiest and will warp and meld to your body shape, the dont get looser but they just dont spring back to their original shape after extended wearing. Nothing is going to be 100% escape proof, but I have a reasonable design that binds enough to make it unpleasant to attempt because it binds and I never have gone all the way pulling out because of this unpleasantness. It is is hard to find a good balance between everyday comfort and safety while making pullout attempts painful enough that you dont want to even try
0 x
JubsinChastity

Post by JubsinChastity »

Devoted2Her wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:17 am Reading through your posts you are having your university printers do the printing.
I actually will be using a variety of small production companies to get these beta products out. This is because the cages will be SLS printed which the machines that do so are several hundred thousand dollars. Its why its a bit pricier than doing what most people recognize as 3d printing (FDM) but the quality and material are worth it.

As for the TPU spacer you'll have to show me what you've done.
1 x
Devoted2Her

Post by Devoted2Her »

20200707_201623.jpg
20200707_201623.jpg (109.78 KiB) Viewed 2468 times
Here is the combo spacer / anti-pullout. TPU is not going to print something like this very pretty and to get it to stick you have to print a brim around it on the build plate which is hard to remove cleanly, but it really doesn't affect the functionality. This one is from an older prototype than I am wearing now and you can see how it gets warped from wear but once you are in and the cage is locked in the front you dont have the ability to stretch it an remove once the cage is removed, it is very comfortable except when you try to forcibly pull yourself out from behind the ring then it pulls tight
0 x
Devoted2Her

Post by Devoted2Her »

20200708_151409.jpg
20200708_151409.jpg (28.35 KiB) Viewed 2430 times
If you are looking to get a fast cheap prototype I should be able to print on my sla printer with this resin I just got delivered
0 x
JubsinChastity

Post by JubsinChastity »

Devoted2Her wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:17 pm If you are looking to get a fast cheap prototype I should be able to print on my sla printer with this resin I just got delivered
Thanks for your offer. All the testing needs to be in SLS Nylon at this point because it is largely past the point of prototyping and onto finalizing details and testing how the cage interacts with the material at different sizes.

Here's a preview of one of the first alpha models I had printed!

1 x
Devoted2Her

Post by Devoted2Her »

Looks nice, not a good style for me as I am a grower not a shower I would turtle like crazy in it. But I really like the sleekness of the design!
0 x
Homebody

Post by Homebody »

The finish on the cage looks really rough. Will it be smooth in the final version? I haven't been able to get the cage for the cherry keeper smooth enough to wear for any longer than 24 hours without getting abrasions.
0 x