I bought a CB600s, but wonder if it was a good choice

For the gearheads in the audience
Pacman1975

Re: I bought a CB600s, but wonder if it was a good choice

Post by Pacman1975 »

I spent a bit of time checking out the CB-6000s that I bought and tried out various rings and spacer combinations.
Not being an expert on this by any means... I think the issue for me is that the ring is so wide it forces the testicles out too much. Being a high rider, I think this just causes problems for me. It will be interesting to see how the holy trainer copy that I ordered will go. The ring on these are much thinner and more ergonomic, but it is a closed ring...
Time will tell I guess...
0 x

Pacman1975

Post by Pacman1975 »

Update...
The holy trainer copy arrived. It has the four rings and quality seems ok (except for a few sharp edges).
As I initially thought, I am not sure a closed ring will work for me. My testicles just don't seem to hang low. I seem to be a ride high guy and boy does this make it very difficult to get everything through the ring. I have tried the largest ring (which I think is 50mm) and I so far cannot do it.
Pretty disappointing as I really hoped the holy trainer would have worked for me. Really wishing there was a hinged ring or open ring version of one of these? Can anyone offer any thoughts on this?
0 x

KittensBoyToy

Post by KittensBoyToy »

@Pacman1975 Try taking the base ring into the shower with you. You should be more 'relaxed' after a hot shower making your balls hang lower.
0 x
Kitten's Boy Toy
Happy to be Kitten's property!

Pacman1975

Post by Pacman1975 »

Thanks, I will certainly try this...
However, I would like to see what other models are out there with a hinged or open ring?
I wrote to CBX and asked them if they have any plans for updating the ring or introducing new models with more ergonomic options. So far, no response...
0 x

Pacman1975

Post by Pacman1975 »

I'm not a quitter, but after a long hot shower and trying desperately to get myself through the ring without success... I'm calling time... so frustrating. I had hopes the holy trainer v3 would work out.
My anatomy just seems to be in a way that I just have to go with a hinge type or open ring type.
Any thoughts or opinions here on another option for hinged or open plastic/silicon models?
Thanks
0 x

slave d

Post by slave d »

I’ve got one s/s hinged ring one and another on its way (first was too small) but i think you’re limited on the plastic or silicon models because neither lend themselves to a long lasting hinge system. The open type on the CB system is therefore the simplest and most fool proof. Not sure exactly why you’re ruling out s/s, modern units are reasonably light, very strong, and easily cleaned and maintained. They’re also very cheap on places such as DHGate.

MsM’s ld

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
24/7/365 HTv3 nub

Pacman1975

Post by Pacman1975 »

Thanks... Do you have any links or references to models?
How do you go with the hinges? Any pinching?
I'm trying to find some recommended options.
Thanks
0 x

slave d

Post by slave d »

Pacman1975 wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:40 am
Thanks... Do you have any links or references to models?
How do you go with the hinges? Any pinching?
I'm trying to find some recommended options.
Thanks
i’ll put a post in soon, once the new unit arrives and i know how it fits etc. Be aware it is VERY short and small overall. The first one was too small and actually caused a “blister” under my scrotum but that was just tightness rather than any issue with the hinge itself. To be honest i was surprised i didn’t have any issues with pinching etc that i had expected. Anyway i’ll make a report as soon as i get things right. At the moment i’m back in a HT3 nub s/s tube and resin A-ring combo.

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
24/7/365 HTv3 nub

KittensBoyToy

Post by KittensBoyToy »

Just a though on hinged rings. I don't have any experience with them so this is a random idea. I have mention of sliding a silicone tube over the hinge working but the tube sometimes slips out of place exposing the scrotum to the hinge. My thought would be to cover the hinge with a small piece of shrink tube. Once heated it would shrink and be tight on the ring but I don't know if it would remain flexible enough to allow the hinge to operate properly. Another concern would be if it would withstand the frequent bending/flexing without tearing.

Maybe someone with an extra hinged ring could try it and report back.
0 x
Kitten's Boy Toy
Happy to be Kitten's property!

slave d

Post by slave d »

The shrink tube idea occurred to me to but i was surprised to find the “fat” hinge joint on the s/s device didn’t actually pinch at all. i had stared to try it on with the silicone tube over it (mine came with a couple of inches of tube) but it was much too tight so i tried with it off and no pinching, maybe just lucky though. One of the possible advantages of the hinged setup is you can effectively modify the ring size by adding tubing and can even run the tubing right round the ring if need be. The concern i had about all the tubing was that it isn’t easy to keep clean. We’re looking at a s/s hinged device with the intention it basically doesn’t come off. i think the tubing may cause issues with that, time will tell.

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
24/7/365 HTv3 nub