Considering a smaller base ring

For the gearheads in the audience
LockedHusband
Last orgasm: February 9th, 2020
Orgasms this year: 2
Considering a smaller base ring

Post by LockedHusband »

Hello. So i wont get into a ton of details since my “Hello World” post touched on most of that but, I'm wearing an inexpensive steel device from a site thats not amazon or ebay. I really like it and when i got it i thought it was the perfect size. However I'm now about 3 weeks in and I'm wondering if i should have gone smaller with the ring. The only issues I've had are the what seems to be normal morning wood discomfort. My erection pushes the whole device forward making the ring pull on my balls. I’m wondering if a smaller ring wouldn't go as far forward thus helping to prevent the erection. And while its not loose per say, it does sag a fair amount especially in the shower. I’ve done the finger test but that changes daily. At times i can get 2 fingers in but other times is tight with just one. Anyone have any advice that i may not have come across on the internet already?
0 x
Naljeans
Re: Considering a smaller base ring

Post by Naljeans »

Trial and error. A smaller ring was effective for me in reducing how much it would pull away. My body adapted over the course of about 9 months, and necessitated a smaller ring. It was tight at first, and required some care (e.g, regular use of baby oil gel.) That need went away and it’s been maintenance free since (the steel one, anyway). I’ve experienced too small as well, and it’s unbearable and potentially dangerous so make sure you have access to an emergency key.
0 x
MCN Contender
Skip

Post by Skip »

It didn't help me personally, just made it unbearably more painful because it not only pulled the testicles away from my body but really squeezed the twins when it got to that point.

Funnily enough, the second night (this night) I was fine.

For reference I moved from a resin 45mm HTv3 knockoff to a steel 40mm A273 from DHGate.
0 x
LockedHusband
Last orgasm: February 9th, 2020
Orgasms this year: 2

Post by LockedHusband »

I originally ordered the “Window of Opportunity” from lockthecock.com and accidentally ordered a 50mm ring (thought it came with 3 rings). It was quickly obvious it was too big, i would fall out at night and it felt like it was going to drop off in the shower. My wife helped me measure and she was afraid that dropping all the way to the 40mm would be too much so we decided to go 45mm but I ordered the S90S from House of Denial that is essentially the same cage just MUCH faster shipping. So here we are 3 weeks later and im really thinking i needed the 40mm and although they are not expensive, dropping another $50 is a bit of a bummer knowing ill have 2 useless cages tucked away in a cabinet.
0 x
Schnoff
Last orgasm: August 14th, 2023

Post by Schnoff »

LockedHusband wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:19 am ill have 2 useless cages tucked away in a cabinet.
:lol: Welcome to trying to fit a sex toy to your dick. For what it’s worth, it’s been now a year since I ordered a bespoke, custom cage, and it still doesn’t fit right. Hopefully that’s close now - I learned some vendors don’t ask for measurements they really do need to ask for.

You can always put them into the marketplace forum in the hopes that someone, eventually, will get use from them.
0 x
Schnoff
My orgasm denial blog
Tango tangor ergo sum.
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

get a shorter cage.dont let the erection ever begin
0 x
Homebody

Post by Homebody »

A shorter cage will only work if it can’t be pulled away from your body. Good luck finding what works for you
0 x
cuyahoga

Post by cuyahoga »

I, like many others here, went through about six $25 to $60 generic cages before I found the size and fit that was correct. Then, when I dropped the $500 for a custom Mature Metal Jailbird, it was perfect.

Smaller base ring may be the answer, or it may not. It’s hard to know until you try. I’m a significant grower, so mine hangs loose in the shower, even to the point that my penis could literally just fall out while it hangs on my testicles. But the rest of the day, and at night, it’s just right.

My nocturnal erections issue gets easier after three or four nights. I have no idea why.
2 x
Last orgasm: February 7th, 2024.
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

I'd have to agree with @cuyahoga . I'm a grower, so getting the right fit was a lot of trial and error. I had started with the CB3000, which had different rings. The 1-3/4 was too small, but the 1-7/8 was just a bit large. Eventually, I made one from stainless steel that was in between.

But even the base ring shape can affect the fit. I'm wearing an A272 which has a very ergonomic "ring" that has a more flat inner profile, and a waved side profile (as opposed to the plane profile of most circular rings). I'm wearing a 45mm ring, which is just over 1-3/4. It's perfect 90% of the time, although on really hot days, or in a really hot shower (or both), everything sags and stretches enough so that it will practically fall off. I'm actually tempted to get a 40mm ring to try it.
0 x
Chastelifexxx
Last orgasm: June 20th, 2022
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Chastelifexxx »

When I bought my first chastity device back in the mid 90's, I bought the CB-2000. It came with a wide variety of rings of different sizes. If I recall I think it was like 5 different sizes. Getting the right fit was a no-brainer. The rings then, as some are today, were completely a one dimensional round ring. The fits were ok but not necessarily comfortable. Then one of the makers decided to go with a economical fitting ring that more closely took the shape of your pubic area with the curves in the right places. The only problem with that was the the measurements for the ergonomically rings were exactly the same as the old ones.

When i bought a new version of chastity about 6 years ago I decided on the Holy Trainer. I measured, I tried on the old rings of the CB-2000, I remeasured, and I ordered what I thought would be a good ring. Nope. Too big. The Holy Trainer has the ergonomic style ring. The new ring I ordered from Holy Trainer was like $50 if I recall.

When we really got serious on me being in chastity for longer term, I went with the Steelworxx Looker01. Now I was faced with a whole other measurement quandary. Not only the base ring, which they call something else, but also the length of the cage, the diameter of the cage, and the length of the urethra insert. It was quite daunting.

But I knew that the biggest measurement to get right was the base ring. It had to fit snub but not too snug. Instead of measuring and remeasuring and remeasuring and hoping I got it right, I got the great idea to go to Homo Depot. They have a variety of things in that store that you can use for cheap sex toys. And one of the things I knew I could get there were an assortment of metal and silicon rings. The silicon rings would be called "O" rings and the metal ones would be called welded rings used in fastening cargo netting. Or you could even find an assortment of the metal key rings. These effectively are a cheap version of a cock ring.

I went and got probably 8 different rings and started trying them on. The ones that were either too tight or too big were returned. Then I took the time to wear each one that was an option for several hours. Then I wore the best fitting ones for a day or two to make sure the fit was right. I ended up with a silicon ring that was tight but comfortable. My cock did not turn blue or get cold, but the ring would not move down easily at all.

I took it off and measured it and sent the inside diameter measurements (both inches and mm's) to Steelworxx. I is very important to send the inside measurements and not the outside measurements. The custom made product from Steelworxx is the most comfortable device of any I have owned as far as the base ring is concerned. The size of the cage is good about 80% of the time but the 20% could be smaller. They even suggest that you err on the side of smaller cage than larger cage.

Hope this helps. Homo Depot is a great place to save some time and money on the base ring size.
0 x