Master locks - replace yearly

For the gearheads in the audience
attentive_husband

Master locks - replace yearly

Post by attentive_husband »

My wife recently let me out. When she handed me the key - it didn't work. We both tried multiple times.

I finally had to go to Home Depot and buy a bolt cutter. That worked. And you can cut anywhere, once it's cut you can turn the hasp in the lock and then it pops out.

We had a master lock, the small ones with the black rubber around them (like they were designed for chastity locks). We had been using it non-stop for 2+ years.

So our plan going forward is a new lock every January 1.

And new batteries in the smoke detectors every Spring on the change to daylight savings time.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Re: Master locks - replace yearly

Post by Tom Allen »

The problem is that most people only test the lock when they *need* it. 10 pm, getting ready for bed isn't the time you want to be spraying WD40 into the keyhole (if you even have any), and tapping it with a small hammer.

I guess it can't hurt to buy a 2nd spare lock to have around, just in case.
1 x
KittensBoyToy

Post by KittensBoyToy »

Tom Allen wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:11 am The problem is that most people only test the lock when they *need* it. 10 pm, getting ready for bed isn't the time you want to be spraying WD40 into the keyhole (if you even have any), and tapping it with a small hammer.

I guess it can't hurt to buy a 2nd spare lock to have around, just in case.
I think its law in Texas that all adult males must maintain at least 1 full can of WD40 (or a similar product) and 1 full roll of duct tape! :lol: :roll:
1 x
Kitten's Boy Toy
I'm Kitten's property and She keeps Her property secure in a Jail Bird!
gungadn

Post by gungadn »

KittensBoyToy wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:22 am I think its law in Texas that all adult males must maintain at least 1 full can of WD40 (or a similar product) and 1 full roll of duct tape!
If it moves and it shouldn't, Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and it is supposed to, WD40. Simple!!!
0 x
GungaDN

This is just my experience, yours can.... and probably will.... vary!

Currently Wearing:Steelheart.
Owns: CB3000, CB6000, Steelheart II, Steelheart, various home-built models.
Naljeans

Post by Naljeans »

We made the same bolt cutter trip to Home Depot after about four months of use. Who knew chastity would be such a boon for some industries.
1 x
MCN Contender
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Been using the same Master lock for many years, never have an issue with it. I've never put any oil in it...but then, you aren't supposed to. If you use anything in a lock, it should be a graphite powder spray...but I haven't had to use any of that yet.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Homebody

Post by Homebody »

I hadn’t heard to not use oil in a lock. Would that be true for the brass intergrated locks some cages use? I worry about it getting wet in the shower.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Once in a great while I'll put a few drops of silicone lube in my brass integrated lock. Most of the components are brass, but the little springs holding the tumblers are steel.

You don't want a lot inside, because that will only collect dust, and dirt.
0 x