Cherry Keeper - Review

For the gearheads in the audience
whistlersix

Re: Cherry Keeper - Review

Post by whistlersix »

So I"m looking at getting a cherry keeper. I currently have an A271 w/ the 45MM base ring. I think I'm going to go with the Cherry Keeper Total Touch Stop - Standard. The dimensions seem similar between the standard cherry keeper and the A271. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

One thing I'm not sure of is the base ring. I love the ergonomic base ring of the A271 and i don't know if I should go with the single or double ring. The A271 ring seems beefy to me and I can't tell if the single or double ring matches up to that. Any one have a preference or thoughts on the single vs double ring?
0 x
Currently Wearing: A271
nosaint
Last orgasm: January 21st, 2024
Orgasms this year: 3

Post by nosaint »

I use a double oval ring, almost ergonomic, I decided on the double ring because my testicles are low. I measure the width at just over .5 inches.
0 x
Caged 24/7 since January 23,2024. Locked in a Cherry Keeper Micro
whistlersix

Post by whistlersix »

I'm assuming the double ring adds to the overall length? I'm still undecided on single or double ring and now confused on whether to get the standard or the small cherry keeper total touch stop. I measured my A271 with a fabric tape and from the back of the ring to the tip of the cage it is approximately 77mm (where the ring touches my body, over the top and down the curve of the cage). On the Shapeways site, it says the Standard's length is 74mm and I'm assuming that's without the base ring. The small cherry keeper is 64mm. Ugh...
0 x
Currently Wearing: A271
nosaint

Post by nosaint »

You can buy a cheap caliper at home depot to help with measuring $10 to $15. The double ring does add about 6mm to the overall length as I recall. If the dimensions of the small cage fit the glans of your penis, it will fit. I'd also get at least a medium headlock. I started with a small, medium headlock total touch stop. I decided I had just a bit too much room in it so I downsized to a short, large headlock, total touch stop. I like it.
0 x
CagedbyGoddess E

Post by CagedbyGoddess E »

I like the idea behind Cherry Keeper but am curious on sizing and how to properly gauge fit for both the head keeper and no touch. My measurements are as follows -
Ring - 2 & 1/8" or 54mm
Inside Diameter - 1 & 3/8" or 35mm
Length - 2" to 2 & 1/4" or 51mm

How do you account for all that in your measuring? Also having never worked with 3D printed materials what are your guys impressions as to which material someone should use if long term lockup is the use case?
0 x
Happily Married to & locked by Goddess E
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

I agree with the comments. The Shapeways site is not very good at giving a thorough description of the products. It's difficult to tell exactly which ring you are getting and whether it is ergonomically shaped or not. Same with device measurements. The main reason I haven't ordered yet is that I can't be 100 percent sure I'm ordering the correct ring. I think I will be hard pressed to find a more comfortable device than my A271, but my spouse wants a device for use when a metal device would be inappropriate. We usually cruise a lot, but now, that's a no-go, and I think that's mainly what she wanted it for. So, I don't feel rushed to order it and can take the time to make sure and get it right.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
Veleek

Post by Veleek »

I have two Cherry Keepers on the way: a long wide and a small. Both with headlocks, and the short with the full touchstop.

I’m going to give these a go with foreskin retracted, which would be good if it works but so far I haven’t managed it without swelling issues.

The long is closer to my flaccid length, and I got it wide so that there’s some room for the foreskin around the shaft.

With the small, it’s definitely smaller than my flaccid length. But the cage is only the head, so I’m going to see if not having and sides around the shaft (other than the top where it connects) means the shaft skin and foreskin can just squish out sideways and take up as much room as it needs. Maybe it will end up semi-wrapping around the cage, with the foreskin covering the sides and bottom of the caged head.

It might not work out for me, but it was relatively cheap so worth a shot.
0 x
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

I was going to order one back in June, but with everything going on around us, it just never got ordered. My spouse wanted it for cruising and the like where I would be subject to security screening with metal detectors. We still would like to purchase one but are not sure if the current nightmare will ever end. If anyone could give a thorough review of the Headlock in long term use, it would be much appreciated.
0 x
Wishful4
nosaint

Post by nosaint »

I have a cherry keeper small, with both the medium and large headlock. There is a MM or 2 between the tip of my penis and the cage when I'm completely flaccid, usually there is contact. Even after sanding the large headlock with 1000 grit sandpaper, it abrades my skin in a few days. To the point where I have to take it off and wear the stub, which never comes in contact with the skin behind my glans. The medium, unsanded, premium plastic, I wore for 4 weeks before noticing a bit of irritation and switched to the stub for a week. I have now sanded the medium headlock and will try it again today. The sides and top of my penis are where it gets most irritated, for whatever reason.

I bought a short, with medium headlock and managed to stuff myself into it. Big mistake. Very irritated skin behind the glans and a sore spot on the top of my penis behind the glans. Didn't wear anything for a week.

I love the idea, it does make pulling out more difficult, but obviously the very tender skin behind the glans is easily irritated. I think it's something I'll have to build a tolerance for. As a rule, I'm let out once a week for cleaning and playing. Other than that, it's 24/7.
1 x
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

nosaint, thanks for the review. I have heard some of those complaints from other people, as well. Going to have to think about this potential purchase some more.
1 x
Wishful4