HT V3 Nub (genuine) problem / design flaw

For the gearheads in the audience
slave d

Re: HT V3 Nub (genuine) problem / design flaw

Post by slave d »

FWIW the s/s A-ring weighs 117 grams on mine. That’s the 36mm A-ring. One difference I have noted is that all the other sellers I’ve seen have the smallest ring size as 40mm where the one i have is available with 36mm.

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
slave d

Post by slave d »

The answer is 107 grams for the S/S cage.

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Whynot

Post by Whynot »

slave d wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:06 pm The answer is 107 grams for the S/S cage.
That's very interesting indeed. So it's lighter than the one I've got. Maybe a different production run? Or are there really different factories making these?

BTW, having been into the stainless steel cage for a couple of days I actually find it even more comfortable than the original resin cage. Can't yet figure out why that is so.
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

Not sure but MsM’s is very polished, could that account for it ? Hard to say. Have to say i agree with the s/s being more comfortable, i find it’s less “sticky” internally and so my shaft is freer to move. On the negative side the added weight does tend to drag things down !!

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand