Ring Size - How Tight is Too Tight

For the gearheads in the audience
Dan4201
Ring Size - How Tight is Too Tight

Post by Dan4201 »

Hello, all! I'm relatively new here but I've been enjoying reading through the threads and I've been learning quite a bit.

I have a knockoff HTv3 Nano and Small as well as a couple DHGate metal devices including the A272 and 271. One of the challenges I've been having is figuring out which ring is the right size for me. For the A272 and similar devices, the 50mm ring results in pretty much everything turning dark red. It's not blue and it's not cold, or at least not colder than I'd expect what with everything sticking out further from the body. That said, it doesn't seem particularly healthy. The HT knockoffs result in a disturbing red color which is a bit less deep red, probably because the 50mm rings are actually wider than 50mm in some directions.

When I use a shorter cage the redness seems worse, I'm assuming because more stuff is squashed up in there. I'm about 2" flaccid measuring from the bottom (actually between 1.75 and 2.25 depending on weather time of day, etc). The HT Nano and shorter metal cages seem to result in nominally more redness though I do like them for the reduction in obvious bulge.

I'd love to know everyone else's experience. Do you usually end up with very red genitals when locked up and not aroused? Does that seem like a bigger ring is needed? I'd love to spring for a custom device but I wish I could find some cheap knockoffs with bigger rings first to find out if that configuration works better. All of the cheap Chinese devices seem to top out at 50mm rings.

Thanks,
Dan
0 x
danj
Re: Ring Size - How Tight is Too Tight

Post by danj »

It sounds like you have the wrong ring size. Dark red would make me think the ring/device is too tight. I'm in custom devices now, but started in the cb-6000s and once I found the right fit with that, went down a little in ring size for the smooth and thinner steel ring made by Steelworxx. You might be best off trying a device like the CB series where you have several possible size combinations and get a baseline for what size you're comfortable in. It will take some trial and error to get the right fit.

FWIW, I had fit issues with the A271 ring even around the same diameter as my custom rings due to it's thicker/flatter shape. I could wear it during the day, but it was brutal at night and with morning wood.
0 x
-Dan

and yes, that IS my beautiful hotwife wearing the key to my cb-6000s!

Currently Own: CB-6000s, Steelworxx Steelheart (2), modified Steelworxx Looker 3, and DH Gate A271 (2)
Currently Wearing: Steelheart
Naljeans

Post by Naljeans »

Trial and error seems to be the best way to figure it out. There shouldn’t be discoloration or pain. It should be tight enough to not slide down. Shape matters too. I’ve had better luck with round rings - some prefer ovals.

Even with custom, your body may evolve. I had to go smaller after 6 months or so in a custom cage that was perfect originally.
0 x
MCN Contender
Dan4201

Post by Dan4201 »

Thanks for the replies and the suggestions! I’ve tried round and ergonomic rings as well as whatever you’d call the HT rings. Trial and error has been helpful so far but the one thing I can’t seem to find a way to try (inexpensively) is a larger than 50mm ring. All of the eBay/DHGate devices I’ve seen top out at 50mm which is what I’ve tried. I can get into a 45mm but it’s definitely not comfortable or good for circulation.

MCN, Mature Metal, and Holy Trainer all have larger ring options but I’d hate to pay the money for a custom device only to find out that I got the ring size wrong.

For now, the experimentation continues!
0 x
Naljeans

Post by Naljeans »

MCN and MM (I think) have suggested test rings, or links to them. A very cheap sizing option. I tried three sizes for the MCN. Good luck. The HT Nub ring still stumps me on sizing.
0 x
MCN Contender
sherulestherooster

Post by sherulestherooster »

Dan4201 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:05 pm
I have a knockoff HTv3 Nano and Small as well as a couple DHGate metal devices including the A272 and 271. One of the challenges I've been having is figuring out which ring is the right size for me.
I also have tried a few metal devices from DHGate, as I don't ever intend to play with chastity other than as a novelty type of thing (just like I'd love to be tied up spread eagle to a bed and at somebody's mercy, but not that that long, lol). But I've had the opposite problem, developed a need for tighter rings as my body seems to be adjusting to it (think I had posted on another thread about that).

So i started off with a 48mm because that was what the CB-6000s ring was, and it was useless for locking as it slipped right off. I got a 40, 42, and 44 mm ring size and initially had the same issues as you with the 40mm. In fact, it was downright difficult to get my balls through the ring, and when I became aroused it got purple so I took it right off.

Now, the 40mm is a cinch to slip on (as long as it's not cold, then my scrotum "protests" the caging process) and I do have some slip off problems still, specifically during a shower. So I'm wondering if I can handle an even smaller size, like 38mm now.

I agree the ring size seem to be the key to a good chastity cage. Good luck!
0 x
TonyO919

Post by TonyO919 »

I too have the HTv3 Small knockoff and feel like I would be more comfortable in the 55mm ring, but refuse to spend the money until I know for sure. Please share if you find a solution as will I.
1 x