Are you worried that you will be stuck in the base ring or the lock can’t be unlocked

For the gearheads in the audience
eyzc

Are you worried that you will be stuck in the base ring or the lock can’t be unlocked

Post by eyzc »

There are a lot of opinions here but I notice:

More and more devices are using one single piece as base ring. You could be stuck in the base ring for long-term use because of swelling. (CBs don’t have this problem) Also from other posts I notice the integrated “magic lock” may not work and you can’t unlock it. I prefer to use numbered one-time plastic lock.

How do you think of these risks? Any solutions? Thanks!
0 x
slave d

Re: Are you worried that you will be stuck in the base ring or the lock can’t be unlocked

Post by slave d »

The risk of getting stuck by swelling .... zero in my view, nothing some ice cold water and lube won’t fix. As far as the locks go, i’ve worried in the past but don’t any longer, have used them for years but take care to oil them regularly and i’ve only had one fail and it was still able to be removed.

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Re: Are you worried that you will be stuck in the base ring or the lock can’t be unlocked

Post by Tom Allen »

My biggest concern is the technically challenged Mrs Edge accidentally breaking the key in the lock when she's about to remove it so we could catch a plane, or I'm headed to the doctor's office.

That said, I have enough tools to extricate the lock. Once a month I put a few drops of silicone oil in. Not worried about swelling, since, as @slave d points out, a little cold water and lube will solve that.
0 x
Naljeans

Post by Naljeans »

I had disaster strike once when trying different devices. I bought a Chinese knockoff with a bigger cage and smaller ring. We tried the smaller ring with the smaller cage. It was fine until day two, when it was clear that the ring was too tight. Excruciating ball burn and swelling. I tried to get it off and the padlock got stuck. Not the locking mechanism - the hasp got wedged in and would not budge. I tried everything I could think of and was pretty terrified. No hardware stores were open yet. After about two hours, I got it loose.

A few weeks later, the lock froze, much to my horror and my owner’s delight. We bought bolt cutters and decided a security screw was the way to go when we selected a custom cage.

When you’ve seen your KH wielding bolt cutters, you know there is real trust.
0 x
MCN Contender
KittensBoyToy

Post by KittensBoyToy »

Quality locks with an occasional application of oil should never cause a problem.

I am now in Kitten's Jail Bird with a security screw but it also has a decorative lock for the sound effects and identification. That lock is all stainless steel so it should never be a problem. I also wear a collar with a matching padlock 24/7. I guess they will all open....She has all the keys!
0 x
Kitten's Boy Toy
I'm Kitten's property and She keeps Her property secure in a Jail Bird!
cuyahoga

Post by cuyahoga »

I have a cock ring that I can only wear for about five minutes, and then it quickly gets excruciating painful (I don’t even try it anymore). Two fingers at the bottom of the ring, my thumbs pressing down on top of my penis on either side of the exit vein, and a little lube, and it comes off with no problem.

If you can handle a solid ring for an hour, you can get it off. Knowledge of the way the penis works helps, i.e. where that exit vein is.
0 x
Last orgasm: February 7th, 2024.
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

When I bought my Jail Bird six years ago, I was more than just a little concerned that at some point, one or both of my testicles might swell and become stuck in the solid ring. Prior to that, I had only been in CB devices where that was not a concern.

When I add up all of the time I have spent in solid ring devices, the total comes to a little over 3 years. My testicles have never swollen even the tiniest bit. Has anyone on the Forum ever had an issue with testicular swelling?

I use the security screw with both of my Mature Metal devices. One of the keys did start to slip about a year ago so I sent them back, and MM sent me two new ones at no charge.

I do lube my Holy Trainer's magic locker from time to time, but it still does not work quite as smoothly as I would like, but if it became stuck, I expect that I could cut my way out with the tools I have on hand without having to buy a bolt cutter
Last edited by WifeIsVanilla on Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
sirmebane
Last orgasm: December 19th, 2021
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by sirmebane »

Worry? Sure.

Have I had an issue in the past 3+ years? No. Not even close; not once.
0 x
If my comments don't annoy you, follow my exploits here. I started all of this April 2016.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=62123
gungadn

Post by gungadn »

Just last night, My wife/keyholder decided to unlock me for some fun after 19 days. When she stuck the key in the lock, it would not turn.... I gave it a try and felt like I almost broke the key trying to get it to open... it would not unlock...
But, I just put a couple of drops of silicone lube in the lock... worked the key in and out a couple of times to work the lube into the tumblers. And, it finally did unlock...
I will be sure to lube it up really well before she puts it back on me :)
0 x
GungaDN

This is just my experience, yours can.... and probably will.... vary!

Currently Wearing:Steelheart.
Owns: CB3000, CB6000, Steelheart II, Steelheart, various home-built models.
Jon Descer

Post by Jon Descer »

Solutions? Dremel tool.
0 x