Ring Sizing

For the gearheads in the audience
plicker
Ring Sizing

Post by plicker »

Curious on others’ thoughts/experience - I have a knock off HT and find the 50mm ring comfortable, but I have found that one of my testicles will occasionally slip through. It is possible to pop it back, but often time takes a little time and a bit of maneuvering.

I have been trying to see if I can get used to the 45mm ring to eliminate this issue, but find I get some pretty good hot spots in the underside of my scrotum - lubes/lotions don’t seem to help much.

Question is if I go for comfort and just deal with the occasional stray testicle, or fight through the pain a bit longer and see if it goes down?

Thanks!
0 x
locked4her55
Re: Ring Sizing

Post by locked4her55 »

Having a little guy escape to the other side can be frustrating, inconvenient and sometimes dangerous. I'm not familiar with any of the HT devices but I believe you are limited in options as to base ring sizes. I have owned several custom MM devices and found there can be a big difference between the comfort of a 46mm vs a 47mm.

It sounds like the 50mm is too big but the 45mm might be something you could grow accustomed too. Maybe try wearing the 45mm for shorter periods (not overnight) and lube the ring regularly. You might even try a brief period of breaking in the ring without the cage just to prevent any pulling during an attempted erection.

Many of us found we have larger base rings that were comfortable to begin with that are now collecting dust.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
LockedByBD

Post by LockedByBD »

Of course, it's not just the ring size that lets the little guy slip through. It's also the gap between the ring and the cage. I used to have a 45mm with too large a gap. Now I have a 50mm with a much smaller gap. It solved the slip-through problem and is more comfortable.
0 x
Locked when my wife wants it locked.
Caged Lion

Post by Caged Lion »

I had the same problem. I originally started with a 2 inch (50 mm) ring. I went down to a one and three-quarter inch (45 mm) ring, which proved to be absolutely perfect. After more than five years it still exactly the right size for me. I've always suggested the people used to simple tests to decide if they have the correct size base ring. The first test is to be sure that a ball doesn't escape. It's an easy test and it only takes a couple of days to discover whether or not the ring passes.

The second test, is whether you can wear the ring continuously (for at least a week) without irritation. You'll read a lot of stuff about guys who use hand lotion, Vaseline, all sorts of lubes to make wearing a base ring bearable. I strongly believe it shouldn't hurt-ever. My 45 mm ring is completely comfortable I never need any lube and nothing falls out.

Could I wear a smaller ring? I've tried. And when I do, I'm irritated. I have no intention to pull out or otherwise sheet. So why should I suffer undue pain on the off chance I might want to try to pull out someday? I also question whether a smaller ring will be that much of a barrier to somebody determined to escape.

Good luck!
1 x
Our podcasts on Apple Podcast Store
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/m ... 1528619424
In chastity since 2013
https://malechastityjournal.com
Devoted2Her

Post by Devoted2Her »

Caged Lion wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:44 pm So why should I suffer undue pain on the off chance I might want to try to pull out someday? I also question whether a smaller ring will be that much of a barrier to somebody determined to escape.
Just like the locks on your home which are there to keep people honest chastity devices are just a promise to be true. Why would you even try to escape? I understand that you don't want to slip out, but your health and hygiene are more important than the unicorn of 'escape proof'
0 x
sexyfetish

Post by sexyfetish »

This is my first post so it probably won't show up, but here goes. I am looking at buying a Holy Trainer v3 as I hear they are comfortable. I went to the site and read the page on measuring for ring size. I tied a string around my sack and penis, tied it, cut it and measured the string. The chart indicates that I should get the largest size ring.
Here is the problem. I know I am not large in the sack or penis department. In fact I am a little below average according to what I read.
Has anyone else had experience measuring for the Holy Trainer ring size? Can you share your experience and offer any advice?
0 x
sexyfetish

Post by sexyfetish »

Is there a way to measure yourself beforehand to get an idea which size might be about right, or close to correct?
I tried the string measurement method described on the Holy Trainer site and according to the chart I would take the largest size ring the 55.
But I know that cannot be right because I am not a large guy. My penis is below average size and my sack and balls are not that big either.
So is there another method you guys can suggest?
0 x
cuyahoga

Post by cuyahoga »

Mature Metal will sell and ship a set of sizing rings. That’s always a good option. I had an idea of the size ring I would need before my first order from playing with variously sized steel cock rings, so maybe order a couple of those and experiment with those first. They often come in packs of three different common sizes.

I can say that I don’t think it matters what you do, your first cage will be wrong. Almost everyone on here will advise trying the cheapest options first, amazon and dhgate et. al. before trying anything expensive or custom. My first custom order was perfect because I’d been through about six cheaper cages first, so I knew not only the right size, but also characteristics that worked and didn’t work for me.
0 x
Last orgasm: February 7th, 2024.
slave d

Post by slave d »

i have to say the Holytrainer string measurement system is an absolute crock of crap !!! When i tried it i too came up with their 55mm ring. Fortunately over time i had tried several cheap models and knew i actually needed a 40mm and in fact now i’m in their 36mm ring which i got after occasionally losing a testicle through the 40mm. So my best suggestion is find your ring size another way !

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
ChastityNoob

Post by ChastityNoob »

Devoted2Her wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:33 pm [quote="Caged Lion" post_id=123781 time=<a href="tel:1551228295">1551228295</a> user_id=351167]
So why should I suffer undue pain on the off chance I might want to try to pull out someday? I also question whether a smaller ring will be that much of a barrier to somebody determined to escape.
Just like the locks on your home which are there to keep people honest chastity devices are just a promise to be true. Why would you even try to escape? I understand that you don't want to slip out, but your health and hygiene are more important than the unicorn of 'escape proof'
[/quote]
Plenty of people supplement standard door locks with deadbolts, alarms, cameras, dogs, guns, etc.

You could have a simple password for computer security, but instead we have multi-factor authentication, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, etc.

Generally speaking, there’s no such thing as 100% security in anything. It’s a tradeoff between security and practicality. No different with chastity.

Why would you try to escape? How about why would you lock something in a metal cage with a lock if you had no real desire or motivation to access it in the first place?

Different strokes for different folks I guess...
2 x