A Caution about A27XX Devices from DHGate

For the gearheads in the audience
wishful4

A Caution about A27XX Devices from DHGate

Post by wishful4 »

I wanted to order a smaller Arc ring to test with my S671/A271 device. As I was shopping the DHGate site, I quickly discovered that I could order another entire A271 device cheaper than I could purchase Arc rings separately. So, I order another A271 from a different seller than where I got my current device. The price was around $10. I paid around $23 for the one I currently wear. When the new device arrived, I discovered the device finish was of good quality but the fit of all the pieces were terrible. The integral lock could be literally moved around in the hole it fits in and the cage and ring were not snug at all when fitted together. Mind you, I just wanted the 40mm Arc ring to try out, and don't intend to use the rest of the device.

My intent is to let everyone know that the quality of identical devices are not the same from all sellers on the DHGate online store. BUYER BEWARE!
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Re: A Caution about A27XX Devices from DHGate

Post by Tom Allen »

Yeah, I'm not surprised. I bought an A274 and a 273, because, like you, I realized it was cheaper to buy an entire device. When I bought the A272, I made a point to buy from the same reseller, figuring that his stock was made around the same time.

Labor costs in China are low compared to the West. So are many of the quality standards. Most of the decent stuff coming out of China is because Americans or Europeans literally set up the factories for them. The holes for the lock on your device were probably drilled or reamed oversize, not checked, and tossed into the "Ship it" pile.
0 x
fancybondage

Post by fancybondage »

I think your $23 cage and the $10 cage is not from same factory.
Actually there are two factorys produce the cages like A271.
Their products are not same although looks like similiar in shape.
0 x
gilesenglish

Post by gilesenglish »

I do wonder what the Chinese think of us!
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

gilesenglish wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:27 am I do wonder what the Chinese think of us!
Well, based on some of the FemDom/BDSM stuff I've been seeing lately, I'd say they think we're still lagging behind...
2 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

fancybondage wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:00 am
Can you tell us how you discovered that?
0 x
fancybondage

Post by fancybondage »

Tom Allen wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:12 am
Because they are Chinese factory,and I am a Chinese.
Actually I am the first one vender to sell this kind of cage in DHgate.
And I saw you have ever use my store's picture in some of your post.LOL
I have ever tested these two factory's product so I know these cages very well.
One factory produce the A series cage,like A271
Another factory produce the S series cage,but normally unmentioned on products page.
So you guys may don't know this.
Some of their products looks similiar,but not the same in some details.
For example,the cage's base ring,they are different and can't be interchangeable.
If someone buy A series cage and 1 separate S series base ring later,then he will find the ring can't be used on his cage.
But the customers don't know this,so they wasit much money on it.
The worst is some of DHgate venders sell 2 series in their store,that would confuse customers which is not professional at all.
I always suggest customer to buy the accessories from the original vender and remember to contact seller to make it specific of what you really need to avoid this mistake happen.
Otherwise,got a wrong accessories,it is such a waist of time and money.
1 x
fancybondage

Post by fancybondage »

fancybondage wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:09 pm
Tom Allen wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:12 am
Because they are Chinese factory,and I am a Chinese.
Actually I am the first one vender to sell this kind of cage in DHgate.
And I saw you have ever use my store's picture in some of your post.LOL
I have ever tested these two factory's product so I know these cages very well.
One factory produce the A series cage,like A271
Another factory produce the S series cage,but normally unmentioned on products page.
So you guys may don't know this.
Some of their products looks similiar,but not the same in some details.
For example,the cage's base ring,they are different and can't be interchangeable.
If someone buy A series cage and 1 separate S series base ring later,then he will find the ring can't be used on his cage.
But the customers don't know this,so they wasit much money on it.
The worst is some of DHgate venders sell 2 series in their store,that would confuse customers which is not professional at all.
I always suggest customer to buy the accessories from the original vender and remember to contact seller to make it specific of what you really need to avoid this mistake happen.
Otherwise,got a wrong accessories,it is such a waist of time and money.
But I found even buy the base ring from same vender,the ring sometimes can't fit the original cage.
That is because these stuff all are made by hand,can't gurantee no size error.
So 100% recommended way is to buy 1 extra base ring and 1 intergral cage in the same time if someone don't be sure which size base ring he needs.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

I think that I was fortunate in the A272 device that I ordered. Some of the other ones I ordered were not as well made.
0 x
Caged Lion

Post by Caged Lion »

My experience so far has been pretty good. It's been over five years since I wore a Chinese cage for more than a day or two. Generally speaking, the quality is good. I'm curious, how can I assure that I'm buying from a vendor who takes the time to check the quality of the products he sells? Based on our friend in China's comments, even he is uncertain that he is always shipping high quality.

I think it's fair to say that the metal is probably a reasonable quality of stainless steel. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't up to the medical-grade that the much more expensive American custom cages use. But, so far so good at least as far as I'm concerned.

It doesn't look to me like there is any branding on the individual merchant sites on dhgate. I, for one, would be happy to patronize just one vendor even if the prices were a little higher if I knew that the products I order will be well-built and the correct size. Dhgate seems to arbitrarily select vendors. For example, I went to purchase a Holy Trainer Nub Knockoff. The First Site That I Was Sent to Was Out Of Stock. I put the out of stock product in my cart anyway. When I opened the cart it was none there but the site gave me a link to a merchant that did have the product in stock. It feels like merchants are treated anonymously.

Is it just a matter of luck whether or not you get a good product? Or, is it possible to find a merchant that can be trusted and somehow navigate to his site each time you visit?
0 x
Our podcasts on Apple Podcast Store
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/m ... 1528619424
In chastity since 2013
https://malechastityjournal.com