Keeping the padlock quiet

For the gearheads in the audience
Weaponx

Keeping the padlock quiet

Post by Weaponx »

I was just wondering if anyone had a solution on keeping a padlock quiet. I recently got a new cage that was just like my old cage, except it is setup for a padlock instead of the integrated lock. I found that the integrated lock device was causing a pinch point and giving me a sore. However I wear boxers around the house, and the lock is making a loud enough clicking noise that I don’t like wearing it around with kids around. I don’t mind the clicking noise if it was just my wife and I, but with kids I don’t like it. So does anyone have a solution to keep a pad lock secure to the cage? I had thought about just using a zip tie instead of a padlock, but that won’t make it “locked” like a padlock.
0 x
jawwwbreaker
Re: Keeping the padlock quiet

Post by jawwwbreaker »

Just take a rubber band and wrap around the padlock itself several times cushion the sound
3 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

When we had a padlock I used a piece of shrink wrap tubing. Worked great.
1 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
Weaponx

Post by Weaponx »

This is the chastity device I’m using. So a hair tie or a rubber band won’t really work too well. It will end up just up pinching the sides of my tiny cock

https://m.dhgate.com/product/stainless- ... 1719093770
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

Weaponx wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:37 pm This is the chastity device I’m using. So a hair tie or a rubber band won’t really work too well. It will end up just up pinching the sides of my tiny cock

https://m.dhgate.com/product/stainless- ... 1719093770
It’s way bigger than many devices, twice as long as mine, and I don’t see how a rubber band etc could possibly cause an issue for you.

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

PlastiDip

You're welcome.
0 x
Kitten

Post by Kitten »

KBT used a little heat-shrink tubing to stop the noise of the padlock/metal cage. It was very effective!

However, our sons are in their 40's and I love the sound of the padlock/cage combo. So when he goes into the JailBird I intend to get the padlock option ... without noise buffering. :D Besides, I enjoy his physical reaction to the 'click' of the lock being closed!
Attachments
20181115_131607~2.jpg
20181115_131607~2.jpg (136.08 KiB) Viewed 5654 times
0 x
Kitten
Wife of 48 yrs, KH/Mistress/Domme to KittensBoyToy aka KBT
His Current Device: my favorite MM Jail Bird
Michele

Post by Michele »

When we had a padlock we did a rubber band and even electrical tape to help keep the noise down.
0 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast
bondinchas

Post by bondinchas »

Another way to stop the lock moving is to use a small blob of Polymorph heat mouldable plastic to fill the 'rattle gap'. Soften the plastic in hot water and press it between the shackle and cage and it will hold the body of the lock away from the cage so preventing the contact and noise. Alternatively, use it to cover the body of the lock so preventing metal on metal contact.
An advantage or disadvantage (depending on how you view it) of using this is that depending on exactly how you apply it can introduce another layer of obstruction to getting out of the device, including covering the key hole (not in it!) so it will need to be carefully torn off before using the key.
The thicker the plastic cover, or blob between the shackle, the more work involved in getting it off (but the quieter it and maybe you will be).
0 x
Favorite device: custom red chili stainless steel cage