Mature Metal choices....help please.

For the gearheads in the audience
Gargoyle
Mature Metal choices....help please.

Post by Gargoyle »

I started out with a CB6000 and now am currently pretty satisfied with a Holy Trainer 3 short. I want something custom that’s comfortable enough for long term wear, easy to keep everything clean. I looked at Mature metal website but was confused if there were any real differences between most models besides looks? Here are some things I like and don’t like about cages I’ve worn so you can all help me decide.
-I don’t like on the HT is there is no way my cock can be teased with the device on because it’s a complete sheath.
-I enjoy the internal lock after using a padlock on a CB. Would the padlock bang around a lot on the Mature Metal?
-I have a high and tight sac often but my scrotum girth requires a 55mm ring in plastic. Wondering if there is a difference in plastic/metal fit or feel?
-no interest in anything sticking in penis or piercing
-does the MM make noise? Weigh a lot more?
-the HT3 is excellent to sleep in. How does a MM with padlock compare?

Any other things I should take into consideration? Are the metal so much better? I’m looking for daily and overnight use as I’m now going several days a week and sleeping in it.
I’m excited as my wife is really starting to enjoy this and it can be my Xmas gift. Thanks everyone!
Last edited by Gargoyle on Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
wishful4

Re: Mature Metal choices....help please.

Post by wishful4 »

Mature Metal devices are very good. However, the problem I have had with them over the years of use is the small round steel used to make the base ring puts a lot of pressure in a very small area and, on occasion, can cause bruising and soreness. The area around your scrotum does toughen up over time and this does get better but still happens from time to time. Also, the small contact area on the base ring means that the very small gap between the cage and the bottom of the base ring has to do the holding of the device in place. The small gap can cause burning in the scrotum. A wider base ring on other brands spreads this pressure out and you can actually wear a smaller base ring and it holds well allowing for a wider, more comfortable gap. Getting a double base ring from MM may help alleviate this issue and allow for a larger gap measurement without sacrificing a good fit.
1 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
Gargoyle

Post by Gargoyle »

@wishful4 Thank you for a very informative reply. Since most of my issues fall squarely(or roundly lol) in scrotum pain/burning I think my best coarse of action may be to stick with the HT3 even with the tease limitations on the shaft piece.
0 x
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

I have had a Jail Bird for 5 years and a Watchful Mistress for 3 1/2 years. When you add up all of the time I have worn one device or the other, the total is about 3 years. Here are some of my thoughts on the various issues raised above.

- Initially, I had ball burn. I sent the JB back. MM increased the gap a mere 1/16th of an inch, and the problem was 100% solved. It turns out that 5/16" is the correct gap for me.

- Good fit is critical. I was a slow learner. I had to return my JB twice to get the fit right. Fortunately, that experience enabled me to get the sizing right on my WM the first time. Follow MM's sizing instructions, and you should be OK. (I didn't and should have.)

- I have a single, a double and a triple ring. I find that the double is the most comfortable of the three.

- The lock sits sideways and firmly in place on MM products. It does not move at all so it can not bang around. But, get the Security Screw option. It eliminates the additional weight of the lock and allows for a sleeker, more attractive (IMO) look. I know a lot of guys like the whole "click of the lock" thing, but you can also use a lock (if / when you wish to) when you get the Security Screw option.

- I like the JB better than the WM because of how easy it is to thoroughly clean in the shower. You NEVER have to remove a Jail Bird for hygienic purposes. The thought that it "never really has to come off" is kinda cool.
3 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
sirmebane
Last orgasm: December 19th, 2021
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by sirmebane »

I encourage you to listen to the interview with William (master craftsman with Mature Metal) in this podcast.
https://www.spreaker.com/user/theflirti ... ture-metal

One of the topics they cover is how to size and properly purchase a chastity device, I wish I had known more when I bought mine but I was lucky from the start.
3 x
If my comments don't annoy you, follow my exploits here. I started all of this April 2016.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=62123
Gargoyle

Post by Gargoyle »

Wow! Great info from everyone and I really appreciate. I listened to the podcast and then spoke to the gentleman who makes them. He walked me through everything and really spent time answering all my questions. I’m looking to get the order submitted in a few days.
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

Thanks sirmebane for sharing this podcast. Was nice to be able to listen to William after years of emails with him.

Great podcast to answer many of those sizing questions.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
lockedforfun

Post by lockedforfun »

I have a Queen's Keep and have worn it for extended periods of time. It's the security screw model, which is very low-profile. No lock to bang around. Of course, there's also no "click" when she locks it, but it works for us,though I would really like one with an integrated lock.

I find the QK incredibly comfortable. I'm able to wear it without problems - I'd worn a CB6k for a few years first, getting the fit right. Open metal cage design is incredibly easy to clean without removing. I didn't find it heavy at all (but i'm used to my wife putting some heavy weights on my balls when I'm not locked up).
0 x
Gargoyle

Post by Gargoyle »

I ordered the Jailbird. I really like the integrated lock too on my HT3. I went with the padlock version. Should be here in five weeks.i
1 x
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

Congratulations!

Should you change your mind and decide that you want the security screw, you can always send it back to be threaded. That's what I did.

BTW - While MM does take a while to create a new device, it is worth the wait, and their turnaround on modifications is very prompt.
4 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.