Newbie Questions

For the gearheads in the audience
cincydom
Newbie Questions

Post by cincydom »

Okay, so I'm going to apologize right off. I'm new to this and I have a few very newbie questions. I'm thinking about getting a Jail Bird cage from MM, but I have some questions first. Here goes:

1. Is there an advantage to a single or double base ring?

2. Which cage/ring gap should I choose? I'm thinking about just splitting the difference with a 3/8" gap, but I was wondering if there was something I should be considering that I'm not.

3. MM has the ability to add an extra ring on the cage for certain sizes. In my mind another ring seems like it would make it feel more "secure", but might make it hard to tease through the cage. Does anyone have any experience with that?

4. Finally, a security screw seems like it would make the device less bulky and and a little sleeker, but how secure is the security screw?

Sorry for all the questions, but I really appreciate all the help! I'll take any help or suggestions anyone has to offer :)
0 x
Locked by LRC

Re: Newbie Questions

Post by Locked by LRC »

Glad to hear you've decided to give this a try. First something to consider.

Going straight to a custom device may not be the best idea. The gap, base ring size, tube length, and tube diameter need to be accurate for a comfortable, secure fit. Custom devices are expensive and usually cheap devices are better for testing. Some modifications can be done on a custom device but add to the expense. With that said, on to your questions.

1. This is a personal preference, some like double, some like singles. I think if you're "high and tight" a single ring would be best. Low hangers may benefit from a double ring.

2. Most go with a 3/8" gap as a start. You may need more or less.

3. Extra rings depend on what you and the keyholder want. Some like to tease through the bars others want to restrict access.

4. Security screws do provide a lower profile. However, they have a tendency to work loose on their own. Because of this, on my device, LRC wanted a second hole that allows a numbered tag to go through.

Hope this helps and good luck with your journey into chastity.
2 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Security screws do provide a lower profile. However, they have a tendency to work loose on their own. Because of this, on my device, LRC wanted a second hole that allows a numbered tag to go through.
A dab of clear nail polish will prevent loosening. I have a stainless steel .44Mag snubby, after two cylinders of full-house loads all of the screws would loosen to the point that the cylinder would jam, a dab of polish on the screw heads cured it. If it works for that, the security screw should be no problem. :mrgreen:
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

TwistedMister wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:31 am I have a stainless steel .44Mag snubby
Can't get one of those from DHgate. :lol:
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

locked4her55 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:44 am
TwistedMister wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:31 am I have a stainless steel .44Mag snubby
Can't get one of those from DHgate. :lol:
LOL, no, one of these would be hard to find anywhere as it's a S&W factory custom job purchased more than 3 decades ago. I've only seen two- the pair my brother and I purchased. I'm sure there were more done up the same way, but I don't know how many.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
cuyahoga

Post by cuyahoga »

I can say that on my JB, the security screw has never come loose. Five to seven days, non-stop 24/7 wear, and I find it completely seated when I go to remove it. I don’t know why, but it was just never a problem for me.

I had an extra bar added, and I found that when I was being teased, I swelled so much into the gaps between the bars that there was little impediment to being teased.

My personal experience, but I will add that I had experimented with at least five different cages before I ordered my JB, so I got the size very close to just right the first time.
0 x
Last orgasm: February 7th, 2024.