Best beginner device? Looking for advise

For the gearheads in the audience
cuyahoga
Re: Best beginner device? Looking for advise

Post by cuyahoga »

Thumper eventually got a UTI, and that changed his opinion. He was miserable, and re-assessed his risk vs. reward paradygm.

Also, the inserts that are plastic tube with the metal end pieces ... those metal end pieces are threaded into the plastic tube. While there’s a 90% chance of nothing happening, if that plastic degrades at all, and loses its grip on the little metal end cap, that’s going to be a trip to a doctor with terrible results.
0 x
Last orgasm: February 7th, 2024.
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

I used to recommend the CB plastic series, too. However, now that DhGate is there now, it opens up the possibility to try a multitude of designs without investing much money. I would still recommend obtaining some sizing rings, determine your base ring and cage diameter. Estimate the cage length of your flaccid member, subtract a quarter to half inch. Then, go online and see what available off the shelf that will fit you. I just purchased a A271 from DhGate for $23 and the workmanship looks decent. You could purchase several devices from them before deciding what is right for you without investing too much money, then decide if you want to invest in something custom made.
2 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
lockedforfun

Post by lockedforfun »

A CB-3000 was my first device, and it has some strong points to recommend it as a starter device. The different sizing rings and gap options is pretty important for your first device, as no only is that important to get right, it's probably going to change a fair bit over the first few months.

It did for me anyway - the A ring shrank and the gap expanded at first, then shrunk.

But plastic doesn't last. When I split my second CB open, we went for metal. The Beast was 2 - 0 against plastic cages, but the poor guy is just no match for the metal ones. But it was really important to know the right size by the time I ordered metal. For me anyway.

So I'd say something that is adjustable to get the fit right. Of course, the other question is.... what does your keyholder-to-be think looks good? You have to be comfortable enough wearing it, she has to be comfortable enough not letting you take it off...
0 x
Adam444

Post by Adam444 »

I'm very new to all of this too and I'll try to describe what I've learned so far. I bought two devices, both knock-offs - a CB6000S and Holy Trainer (short). The CB device I ordered had enough quality issues that I could not recommend that particular supplier but in the short time I did wear it I found it to be very comfortable. As everyone else has mentioned the CB design allows for a lot of adjustment, not only initially but over time. Remember that's there's a gap between the base of the tube and the ring where your scrotum hangs, the CB design allows some adjustment there (in addition to the size of the ring). They also have a fair number of parts, all of which work together so it's probably not a bad idea to assembling on a table a couple of times before actually trying to put it on.

Initially, I struggled getting everything through the solid ring of the Holy Trainer (clone) but I finally got everything in it's proper place after a couple of days of wearing the CB. I don't know if the other device had something to do with it or I just pushed a little harder but I can get it on. It's also very comfortable but definitely wears differently, in my case it seems to push my testicles forward and the tube separates them a bit more. Not uncomfortable, just different. I would say of the two, the CB clone was slightly more comfortable.

Both devices required a bit of light sanding to clean up some rough edges. It took no more than a few minutes with some very fine wet/dry paper and a little soapy water.

While I'm sorely tempted to try a metal device, at this point I'm very concerned about getting all my parts through a solid ring and more importantly back out. There are dozens of choices on the Chinese sites and all are so inexpensive one can try several without investing a lot of money. It's probably safe to assume that these will also require a bit of cleaning up of rough edges, so you're going to have to be willing to invest the time and having access to a Dremel might be useful as well.

It seems that everyone has tried a number of difference devices before settling on one and you probably will to.
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Adam444 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:22 amIt seems that everyone has tried a number of difference devices before settling on one and you probably will to.
Not everyone- we still use a CB3k that is more than 15 years old, the first and only device we've purchased. The tube got super-glued back together after splitting once, and two of the original hinged rings have been mended and turned to solid rings with JB Weld, but it still works.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
lord

Post by lord »

slave d wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:05 pm That device may be fine but $79 is certainly no bargain. Go to somewhere like DHGate and you’ll find many many devices in the $20 range and less !! Personally i agree with the CB suggestion though i’m darned if i’d pay for the real thing, plenty of cheap devices out there that will do the job as a starter !!

MsM’s ld
Okay, so for The Devils Advocacy, and to defend my pick, I will point out why I prefer the model I chose (though there is another by PenisPlugsAblaze called the SolidCaptive that also fits this bill for me): 1. It's at the low end of a quality designer and maker of chastity devices...someone who uses them, also makes them. Not some 3D scanner of other's work who then uses the cheapest materials and doesn't take any pride in the small details needed to make it work right and be comfortable for long-term wear...things like, correct welds, real stainless steel, a durable and precise lock, sanded or sandblasted metal to make the edges and textures smooth, turning the lock or embedding it in such a way as to make it more difficult to defeat, using an actual stainless steel end cap instead of chromed brass, using a 3 point connection between cock ring and tube instead of one...in short, you get what you pay for and can take some pride in knowing you are wearing a quality device that cost you a little more than a throw-away like device. 2. As a Dominant, I appreciate the financial and time burden the submissive took on to try and please me (though I don't want them going overboard with it as a beginning device). That's a selfish pleasure, I know, but there it is.
0 x
plicker

Post by plicker »

I had used a knock- off cb device initially, but found the rings would cause irritation on my underside if I went longer than a day. Unwilling to shell out $$$ before knowing if something else would result in similar discomfort, I purchased a knock-off ht device. It is incredibly comfortable, especially after polishing down the molding seam lines, and I have had no issues wearing it for a week or more at a time. It is also nice as it comes with multiple rings so you can try and find the right fit for you.

Hope this helps.

my 2 cents worth
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

lord wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:05 am
slave d wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:05 pm That device may be fine but $79 is certainly no bargain. Go to somewhere like DHGate and you’ll find many many devices in the $20 range and less !! Personally i agree with the CB suggestion though i’m darned if i’d pay for the real thing, plenty of cheap devices out there that will do the job as a starter !!

MsM’s ld
Okay, so for The Devils Advocacy, and to defend my pick, I will point out why I prefer the model I chose (though there is another by PenisPlugsAblaze called the SolidCaptive that also fits this bill for me): 1. It's at the low end of a quality designer and maker of chastity devices...someone who uses them, also makes them. Not some 3D scanner of other's work who then uses the cheapest materials and doesn't take any pride in the small details needed to make it work right and be comfortable for long-term wear...things like, correct welds, real stainless steel, a durable and precise lock, sanded or sandblasted metal to make the edges and textures smooth, turning the lock or embedding it in such a way as to make it more difficult to defeat, using an actual stainless steel end cap instead of chromed brass, using a 3 point connection between cock ring and tube instead of one...in short, you get what you pay for and can take some pride in knowing you are wearing a quality device that cost you a little more than a throw-away like device. 2. As a Dominant, I appreciate the financial and time burden the submissive took on to try and please me (though I don't want them going overboard with it as a beginning device). That's a selfish pleasure, I know, but there it is.
Believe me that exact unit is available from DHGate and those sellers are not the manufacturers. Anyhoo it's your $$ no skin off my nose. Happy hunting.

MsM's ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
thewave22

Post by thewave22 »

So I tried different version of the CB ripoffs.
one is "small"
one is "standard"
My member is 4-5 flaccid 14 hard, and even in the "small" cage it's wayyy too roomy, it is very escapable, and after a few hours it just slipped off...
where did i go wrong?
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

thewave22 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:07 am My member is 4-5 flaccid 14 hard, and even in the "small" cage it's wayyy too roomy, it is very escapable, and after a few hours it just slipped off...
where did i go wrong?
You must be talking 'cm', not 'inches'...

...anywho...sounds like you were using a base ring that was way too big. Which size did you use? I mentioned CB-X for the very reason that it comes with an assortment of rings of various sizes, and multiple different spacers that provide a myriad of adjustments.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted