Terrible pain for first 1/2 hour or so....

For the gearheads in the audience
slave d

Re: Terrible pain for first 1/2 hour or so....

Post by slave d »

Gargoyle, not completely true, you can actually increase the gap in the HT by grinding away some of the A-ring or the base of the tube. You need to look where the gap is the smallest when you have it assembled but not fitted to you so you can get a better idea of how the gap is formed. i also found with the CB series that i could run with no spacer at all and the gap was created with the difference between the inner radius of the A-tube and the outer radius of the tube. Again worth taking some time assembling things without you being in them and having a good look. Hard to explain but the gap can be created in different ways, horizontally, vertically and at an angle depending on the size and shape of various components and their relationship to one another. Have a play. Good luck.
1 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Gargoyle

Post by Gargoyle »

Interesting. I get the tightest area under my scrotum. The sides seem fine. So I can sand down the A ring and just make it thinner in that area? Any suggestions best stuff to use so I don’t ruin it.
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

Are we talking CB or HT ? because they have VERY different systems
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Gargoyle

Post by Gargoyle »

HT
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

So with the HT i think you can increase the gap, if that’s what you want ??? by either taking material off the front of the the A-ring and/or the rear lower portion of the tube (that’s probably easiest). You need to assemble it and have a look at the area. i believe they will be quite easily shaped with either a file, sandpaper or dremmel type tool.
0 x
New Zealand
Gargoyle

Post by Gargoyle »

I will use a dremmel tomorrow. I’m trying to figure the best place precisely to enlargement the gap. Might start on the ring and take a little of the tube.
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

Just thinking one test you could do to see if it’s the A-ring size or the gap that’s causing pain is to just wear the A-ring by itself for a while and see what happens !! If that’s fine then it’s the gap that’s the problem.... probably lol.
0 x
New Zealand
Gargoyle

Post by Gargoyle »

Oh I’ve done that. No issue for the most part. It’s definitely the gap!
0 x
Gargoyle

Post by Gargoyle »

I dremmeled it down which expanded the ring a bit where the gap was too tight. I’m too high and tight to test it right now. Hope this works. I’m hesitant to mess with the tube because if I mess it up it’s game over on the $200 I paid.
0 x

Post by 14005 »

With metal devices, I experience the same exact thing. Simple hand lotion completely alleviates the problem. I reapply maybe 2-3 times per day, though 1 application would last most the day if need be.
0 x