Best base ring size

For the gearheads in the audience
chastityguys

Best base ring size

Post by chastityguys »

Hi,

I'm relatively new into the topic and having some questions about chastity. I measured my diameter with a string and it's measuring about 60-65mm while being unerect. (the holytrainer page would suggest a 55mm base ring for this size). My penis alone is measuring ~43-45mm fully erect in diameter.

I've a cheap chinese remake of the CB6000 with different rings (49mm, 46mm, 43mm, 38mm, 35mm) as well as a chinese stainless steel device (45mm ring) in my collection.

I found out that 40-45mm rings matches best, while being unerect without cutting of the blood supply and hurting. My problem about that is when I'm being erect, all of the rings but the 49mm ring would be too tight, so it's cutting of my blood supply (in case of the plastic device) or stretching my balls because the penis is pushing forward and they are turning a bit darker. But if I'm using the 49mm ring it's too big while being unerect... so it's slipping down while being unerect and keeps not sitting on the root of the penis. I don't really want it to slip down, because I could easily pull my penis out of the cage while being unerect.

Now I'm wondering which size you would suggest to me and if it's normal to have blue colored balls while being erect and how tight a ring should fit in both cases (erect and unerect).

I'd like to wear it 24/7.

Thanks in advance. :)
0 x
Michele

Re: Best base ring size

Post by Michele »

Your base ring should fit so that your index finger, to the first knuckle, comfortably fits between you and the ring, while flaccid.

If you are getting attempted erections while caged, yes, sometimes the balls can temporarily get darker. Your bits and pieces should never feel cold or turn colors while flaccid with your ring on.

My hubby has posted on the blog about it, I think... Or maybe he posted on Twitter. There were pics even.
1 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast
easy going

Post by easy going »

What about vein colors on the scrotum? I'm at 6 days in the cage with a cb6000s, most of the time it feels fine, but every now and again (about once a day) I get a sharp pinching pain that I fix with silicone lube, and when I apply the lube I can see dark red veins on the scrotum.

I wonder if the vein colors are always there, it's just that I never notice them.
0 x
"Do you think I could get out, next week?
chastityguys

Post by chastityguys »

Lady M wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:54 pm Your base ring should fit so that your index finger comfortably fits between you and the ring, while flaccid.
Thanks. Okay, well then I guess 45mm are just perfect. I can stick my index finger through it, it's a bit tight then but I think that will be right. With both rings 40mm and 45mm I'm having no trouble while it's just limp... I was just concerned if I may cause long term damage, because both sizes will cut the supply a bit, so the veins and the color of the balls are changing a bit darker when getting an erection. And I'm liking teasing without touching my dick. :)
0 x
Michele

Post by Michele »

chastityguys wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:18 pm
Lady M wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:54 pm Your base ring should fit so that your index finger comfortably fits between you and the ring, while flaccid.
Thanks. Okay, well then I guess 45mm are just perfect. I can stick my index finger through it, it's a bit tight then but I think that will be right. With both rings 40mm and 45mm I'm having no trouble while it's just limp... I was just concerned if I may cause long term damage, because both sizes will cut the supply a bit, so the veins and the color of the balls are changing a bit darker when getting an erection. And I'm liking teasing without touching my dick. :)
Yes, I forgot to put "to the first knuckle" when I originally posted but I fixed it. As long as you can get your finger between without pushing into your body and forcing it, when flaccid, you're good. Yes, if you attempt or get erection, it will get tight and cause some possible pulling and darkening as the blood gets flowing. Hehe

Good luck!
0 x
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Michele

Post by Michele »

easy going wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:51 pm What about vein colors on the scrotum? I'm at 6 days in the cage with a cb6000s, most of the time it feels fine, but every now and again (about once a day) I get a sharp pinching pain that I fix with silicone lube, and when I apply the lube I can see dark red veins on the scrotum.

I wonder if the vein colors are always there, it's just that I never notice them.
I dunno, maybe you need to check when you've had time out of the cage. Perhaps you do always have them but only notice them more when things are more confined in the cage. My hubby definitely has veins you can see on his scrotum.

You should not have any pain, color or temperature changes while wearing a cage and flaccid. Now, some temporary discomfort can occur due to cage design or flaw or whatever but your normal should not have any of that.
0 x
sherulestherooster

Post by sherulestherooster »

I got two cages and several ring sizes from dhGate. The ring size in my CB6000S (48mm) bore no relation to the metal cage, which is more ring-like and fairly comfortable. The 40mm was too tight, I could see my scrotum getting purplish so I will not wear that again. I kept slipping out of the bigger sizes, but for me the 42 mm seems just right. Funny, it's actually fairly difficult to put on and now that it's getting a bit chilly in the morning, my balls just aren't always cooperating. I have to put one testicle in at a time and when cold, the second one seems to "protest".

Lady M, I think it's really fascinating how much of an expert you are in this. Appreciate your input!
0 x
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

sherulestherooster wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:34 am ... I have to put one testicle in at a time and when cold, the second one seems to "protest".
This is the recommended way to put a base ring on, first one then the other.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
Kitten

Post by Kitten »

sherulestherooster wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:34 am I have to put one testicle in at a time and when cold, the second one seems to "protest".
I put the left testicle through first because it's the larger of the 2 sides. Then the right side tries to hide from me, sort of like it's saying "no way, I just saw what you did to lefty". After a little manipulation it slips through fairly easily. Then his penis is easy to stuff through the ring.
now that it's getting a bit chilly in the morning, my balls just aren't always cooperating.
Having just entered into chastity the end of June we're still a way from seeing how things differ in cooler weather since that probably won't happen until late October or November ... the earliest.
0 x
Kitten
Wife of 48 yrs, KH/Mistress/Domme to KittensBoyToy aka KBT
His Current Device: my favorite MM Jail Bird
sherulestherooster

Post by sherulestherooster »

Kitten wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:03 am Then his penis is easy to stuff through the ring.
Do YOU do the actual caging? I cannot imagine being flaccid enough for my wife to put the device on me - it's actually a big fantasy of mine. The problem is that I get too excited about anything chastity related in front of her. Even when I self-lock (which is where I am now), after getting both testes through I'm usually too hard to stuff my penis through the ring and I have to go walk around for a bit to calm down.

So probably my biggest chastity fantasy is to have a full orgasm and then (preferably bound) have her lock me up during my refractory period. She's expressed concern about pain and such with the device, but it would really excite me for her to do this. And I also wonder if being immediately locked up would affect my sub-drop.

Interestingly, I have sometimes watched XR University kink demo videos and am amazed that the males don't get hard. Maybe he is also in his refractory period.

https://www.xruniversity.com/xr-u-show- ... -chastity/
0 x