Comparing Locks

For the gearheads in the audience
happilylockedman

Comparing Locks

Post by happilylockedman »

As I think about getting a custom steel cage I notice that both Jail bird and Contender are very similar in how the cage is attached to the base ring. They both seem to stick out, more than the cage I've been using.

I've been using a Chinese cage with an integral lock. The lock and housing is rounded over and the cage is more or less at the same height as the lock and housing, making for a fairly smooth transition.

I'd appreciate hearing from guys who use either a Jail Bird or Contender if the locking post is a problem (I'll be using a security screw if I get either of these devices).
0 x
Michele

Re: Comparing Locks

Post by Michele »

My hubby has no issues with the post... It can be a bit uncomfortable for me if in riding him with the cage on lol but as for showing during wear or anything else it's not an issue.
0 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast
happilylockedman

Post by happilylockedman »

Actually, the two possible problems I can think of are:
- It being visible, which you've answered Lady M
- I'm concerned that it might be uncomfortable for my wife when I snuggle against her rump
0 x
Tullyboy

Post by Tullyboy »

If I had a complaint against the Contender (and therefore JB) it would be that post.

No problem with rump snuggling... for us, it's grinding that is the issue.
It is also difficult to hide. I overcome this by shifting everything 45 degrees so that it has a lower profile. (rotating CB around 45 degrees once it's on).

Everything else about this type of design makes up for it, but I do hope for a future design that is a little more thoughtful in that area.
0 x
Michele

Post by Michele »

@Tullyboy are you wearing skinny jeans? Because I can't tell my hubby is wearing a cage unless I grab it.

No real issues snuggling either... The cage itself is there but even when he's in his Revenge I feel it.

Now if you're asking if I prefer the integrated lock, yes I do and I wish the JB had the integrated lock.

I have always said that the JB would be the most absolute perfect device with the Revenge's integrated lock.
0 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast
Tullyboy

Post by Tullyboy »

Lady M wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:54 pm @Tullyboy are you wearing skinny jeans? Because I can't tell my hubby is wearing a cage unless I grab it.
Haha! Yeah, sometimes. So I usually wear a longer shirt to cover. And it does help to twist it to the side. It’s also visible with some of the flimsier shorts that I wear and definitely with swimsuits.
0 x
KittensBoyToy

Post by KittensBoyToy »

Tullyboy wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:27 pm It’s also visible with some of the flimsier shorts that I wear and definitely with swimsuits.
I wear Speedo style bathing suits at home but they aren't for mixed company. When Kitten told me I would remain locked for a recent pool party I needed something more concealing but I don't like the long bathing suits sold for men today. I went toAcademy Sports and found what I wanted in the women's department. Shirt legged running shorts with a liner sewn in. I was still worried about being 'outed' when the suit got wet. No one noticed and Kitten said she was watching and my cage didn't show.

For medical reasons I wear depends when I am away from the house so nothing shows in any type trousers, jeans or shorts.
2 x
Kitten's Boy Toy
I'm Kitten's property and She keeps Her property secure in a Jail Bird!
ManagedMan

Post by ManagedMan »

The security screw lock on the Contender will occasionally show a slight bump in tighter gym shorts. It's easy to compensate for by wearing an extra layer over it like a jockstrap.

Note that the Contender is much lighter and less prone to slipping down than the Jailbird. I had the Contender for a while and picked up a used JB to try out. The weight difference is quite astounding. I'm a Contender fan. Plus, Male Chastity Now is an excellent company. Their customer service is really good, both prompt and helpful.
0 x
Currently wearing: MCN Contender sized short
Also have: HT2 short black, HT2 regular clear, CB-6000, CB-6000s, BirdLock Original