Getting the Sizing Right

For the gearheads in the audience
KittensBoyToy
Getting the Sizing Right

Post by KittensBoyToy »

My wife was at first emphatically turned off by the looks of metal cages but she agreed to look at them more when I talked to her about many of the comments I had read. Other than the appearance, she was concerned about the weight and its effect on me being able to wear one for long periods. I told her that many men find them more comfortable and the weight of a good one is only slightly more than a quality plastic cage such as the CB-6000s. The other plus I told her about was sanitation. The open cage styles, I explained, would allow me to keep clean better without the need for her to frequently unlock me.

What she didn't like were devices that included a tube or were otherwise enclosed. I told her about the MM Jail Bird. The idea that it was produced wholly in the US and custom made to fit me convinced her to check it out. She liked what she read and saw but did say she preferred the look with an extra ring added.

We want to stay away from the cylinder type locks in favor of padlocks for 2 reasons. In the event of a lock failure a padlock can be cut off without destroying an expensive cage. The other reason is that she likes the idea that the sound of the padlock clicking shut and it being there as a physical reminder both serve to remind me of who is in control.

Now to my questions.

First, how best to determine the size, especially of the A ring. Along the same line, what the is preferred shape, round or oval? I read one suggestion about getting various 'O' rings from a parts house but those would be flexible and I wouldn't think they would give a true feeling of the fit/comfort of a hard ring. What are the opinions of the sizing rings sold by Mature Metal? Worth the $25 investment?

I have watched a few videos of men putting on cages but they don't really say anything about difficulty. My first thought was going to a hinged ring but have read way too many complaints of pinching from the hinge, even with a sleeve over the hinge. I have yet to find a video of a solid ring being put on by a female. How difficult is it to pull the balls and penis through the ring and how much pain/discomfort is involved? Since a woman doesn't really know how sensitive we can be has there been a lot of problems with your female keyholder to putting you in the device? Kitten insists that she want to do this herself!

One problem with the Jail Bird is the lead time for it to be made and delivered. Can anyone point me to a fairly good copy/knock off that is inexpensive that could be use while we wait for the custom made real deal? Gong this route might also give me some better 'feel' (pun intended) for the length of the cage.

Please limit comments to metal devices as I have another thread with questions about plastic cages.
Last edited by KittensBoyToy on Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Kitten's Boy Toy
I'm Kitten's property and She keeps Her property secure in a Jail Bird!
KittensBoyToy
Re: Getting the Sizing Right

Post by KittensBoyToy »

I haven't had any luck finding a CHEAP knock off but I did find this:

http://malechastitynow.com/Chastity-Device/adaptus.html

Any personal knowledge/opinions of it?
0 x
Kitten's Boy Toy
Schnoff
Last orgasm: August 14th, 2023

Post by Schnoff »

My understanding is getting the A ring and spacer distance right is largely trial and error. Penises are all special snowflakes. That's one reason to start with something affordable and plastic, if it can fit your anatomy, so you get an idea of what size you need, and then can order custom.
Anatomical A rings will, generally, fit better.

As for the size of the ring, measuring repeatedly over a few days (the "whole package"), and trying not to get aroused while you're doing that, should get you in the ballpark. Badum-bish.

Thumper, whose entire blog is worth reading, has an article about measuring for a chastity device: https://denyingthumper.com/2015/01/05/h ... ty-device/

Lastly, does it hurt to put an A-ring on? No. It takes some practice not to squish the testicles, but it can be done without discomfort.
If you're erect, it can be difficult. In that case, pinching the glans gently will reduce an erection, and of course ice is always an option should that not be enough. Or just waiting it out.
0 x
Schnoff
My orgasm denial blog
Tango tangor ergo sum.
slave d

Post by slave d »

Main thing with putting on a solid (unhinged) A-ring is to put the testicals through first (one at a time) with NO lube, then holding them in one hand so they don’t pop back, slide the shaft through with some lube on it to ease it in. If the shaft fits through easily the ring may be too big, it should be difficult but not impossible !!

MsM’s ld
1 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
_lj_

Post by _lj_ »

Go for the solid A ring, avoids all the problems of a hinged ring.

I was a bit doubtful about a solid ring, having worries about needing to get the fire service out with bolt cutters, or a rapid visit to A&E! But if you know you fit into a particular plastic device A ring, that size will work with a solid metal one.

Getting the cage length and diameter is matter of making lots of measurements over a week or so, and obviously when you are relaxed. The whole idea of a custom device is it gently contacts the shaft all the time, so an incipient erection is stifled, so you don't get all the uncomfortable pulling etc.

As I'm a "grower" I used my middle finger as the "ruler" whenever I had the opportunity, placing the tip at the base of the shaft underneath, then judging how far up the finger the tip of the shaft was. after getting the average, I transferred that to an actual ruler. I was able to borrow a set of rings, but basically any ring that "just" grips the widest part of the shaft will do the job.

It can be a bit tricky to put the A ring on - if you are doing chastity regularly, the "excitement" decreases and so you won't be hard or even expanding.

If you want your key-holder to lock you in, you could leave the A ring in place for washing, and she can fit the cage and lock it. I've always fitted the device and My Lady checks it is locked - we don't play the games of being tied down and unlocked/locked, but that might suit others, in which case a bit of practice is called for.
0 x
MM Jailbird
Namron

Post by Namron »

The click of a padlock is nice, but:

- padlocks have edges that must be filed to keep from pinching while sitting and even then may still pinch
- padlocks can make noise while walking

The cylindrical locks also need to have their edges filed, but once done do not pinch, ever, and they are noiseless. Also, they are more "secure" in that they cannot be taken off with simple bolt cutters.

Try one or both of these for an open design at a good price::

A275

A274

I prefer the shorter one, as the tip of my penis gets misaligned more often with the longer.
0 x
KittensBoyToy

Post by KittensBoyToy »

I couldn't find any comments on the plastic sizing rings offered by Mature Metal. After Kitten agreed it would be a good idea I took a chance and ordered a set. I will post some comments about them when I have had the chance to use them.
0 x
Kitten's Boy Toy
Kitten

Post by Kitten »

I just looked at the Adaptus and don't think it will work for you ... "The Adaptus is available in only one cage size...the cage is 2-1/4 inches long, and it's rings have an inside diameter of 1-3/8 inches."/i] I'm not sure about what inside diameter you need yet, but the cage is definitely too short. Agree or disagree?
0 x
Kitten
Wife of 48 yrs, KH/Mistress/Domme to KittensBoyToy aka KBT
His Current Device: my favorite MM Jail Bird
DeltaGeorge

Post by DeltaGeorge »

Sorry, I'm late chiming in but I do recommend the test rings from Mature Metal. Take your time and learn how to put a ring on. After you find the smallest ring you can get on wear it for a while to get used to it. Your body will adapt. I did my test sizing last winter. Summertime temperatures make things more flexible and looser fitting. Although I could get into the next size smaller ring and get a finger to the first knuckle I can't tolerate the smaller ring for more than an hour.

Measuring for length, MM says subtract 1/4 inch from your flaccid measurement. Several of us agree we should subtract 1/2 inch. I think the body responds to the idea of measuring before we can measure. If I ever get out long enough to send mine back, I'll have a 1/4 inch removed from the length.

MM shows two different post positions on the Jailbirds in their web page, I was expecting the front loader type but they normally make the top loader now. I ended up making my own front loader that I wear now.

Cleanliness. I have no experience with anything but stainless steel cages, it takes some effort to keep a good open cage clean, I dread the thought of trying to clean a close fitting plastic tube.
0 x
KittensBoyToy

Post by KittensBoyToy »

I am looking at some of the China made metal cages and finds that most come with 2 or 3 options in ring size. (40, 45, 50mm) These are round rings. What I am wearing now with the knock off CB3000 is 1 7/8"/48 mm. The ring I had problems with causing discoloration of my balls was 1 3/4"/44mm.

Should I go up or down from what I am comfortable in now? There is one EBay seller that has extra rings that look like they would work but that it a chance since she doesn't sell the device we are looking at.

The device:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Latest-Design- ... 1438.l2649

The rings (R4):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Factory-price- ... 1438.l2649
0 x
Kitten's Boy Toy