Polycarboante or Silicone

For the gearheads in the audience
KittensBoyToy
Polycarboante or Silicone

Post by KittensBoyToy »

We are just getting into chastity. While anxious to move from voluntary to having my chastity enforced with a cage, I don't want to rush and get a device that won't work or will be too uncomfortable to wear long term.

Kitten's initial was in favor of the 'plastic' cages although she is now more open to the idea of stainless steel, particularly the Jail Bird. We could wind with both types so the plastic is available for the rare times I have to deal with a metal detector. The county offices are the only place I usually encounter them and, unless I am going to the court area on the second floor, I am usually armed. Once one of the deputies verifies that my license is valid I pass through the detector unchallenged because they know my weapon is going to set it off.

We are considering the CB-6000s but wanted to get opinions of some of the silicone models available. We looked at the Holytrainer but don't like the cylinder style locks and it looks like they quit making a version that uses a padlock. Cost is not a huge factor but I don't want to be throwing money away, either.

Both of us worried about the possibility of a lock failure and having to destroy an expensive device because of that. Our pool is salt water and could cause corrosion. Small Master locks are much cheaper and easier to replace if they start to feel tight. There is also something she likes about the idea of the finality of the sound of the lock clicking shut and the visual reminder it gives me that I am under her control.

Please limit replies and comments to the plastic or silicone type cages here. I will start another thread for advice on steel ones to make it easier for use to sort through the responses.
0 x
Kitten's Boy Toy
I'm Kitten's property and She keeps Her property secure in a Jail Bird!
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Re: Polycarboante or Silicone

Post by Tom Allen »

Here's my take on it: Comfort, Convenience, Security - you can pick any two. And to that I'd add Sexy. So, CCSS.

If your device isn't comfortable (i.e., hurts, chafes, etc.), then you won't wear it.
If it's not convenient (i.e., is hard to keep clean, etc.), then you won't wear it.
If it's not secure (i.e., allows easy pullout, or is too easy to defeat), then it won't be as much fun to wear it.
If it's not sexy looking, then your partner might not want you to wear it.

The Holy Trainer seems to have become the favored first device because it manages to hit the CCS fairly well. I understand your concern about the little brass cylinder locks, but you might want to think about putting that aside, and putting a few drops of silicone lube into the cylinder every time you use the pool.

If you hunt around on the Chinese sites (ebay, alibaba, aliexpress, dhgate), you might find a HT clone that uses a padlock.
0 x
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

I think that it is wise to start with a CB device so that you can experiment with tube, ring and gap sizes before you pony up for a Mature Metal Jailbird. The JB is where you want to end up, but even before you get to Mature Metal's sizing directions, it is a good idea to break yourself in with a CB, probably a CB6000 or CB6000s. The rings and spacers can be used for both the 6000 and 6000s so if the first one you order is too short or too long, you can just by the other length cage. And remember, as Mistress MM counseled me, the tip of the penis should touch the cage 90% of the time. Times of "shrinkage" (a term popularized by the Seinfeld show) should be the only exception.
0 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
Kitten

Post by Kitten »

KittensBoyToy (KBT) and I are in the process of deciding on a cage for him. Right now he is voluntarily chaste, and should have begun a diary today ... but just until I choose which device I want him to wear, and it arrives. Until today I was between the CB-6000s and MM Jail Bird. However, today we looked at one from Switzerland called HolyTrainer v.3. If anyone has comments, recommendations and/or concerns, we will be ever so appreciative of your input as we're both absolute newbies to this way of life.
0 x
Kitten
Wife of 48 yrs, KH/Mistress/Domme to KittensBoyToy aka KBT
His Current Device: my favorite MM Jail Bird
Schnoff
Last orgasm: August 14th, 2023

Post by Schnoff »

The Holy Trainer is well liked. Thumper has a review here: https://denyingthumper.com/2018/01/07/h ... v3-review/
0 x
Schnoff
My orgasm denial blog
Tango tangor ergo sum.
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

I like my Holy Trainer a lot, but it is not nearly as good as my MM Watchful Mistress which is not nearly as good as my Jail Bird. All of that notwithstanding, I would still recommend a CB device for a beginner trying to figure out sizing issues.
0 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
Kitten

Post by Kitten »

Thank you for the quick responses to my post.

WifeisVanilla ... I don't know anything about devices yet. Can you please give me some
beginner
suggestions?
0 x
Kitten
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Hi Kitten -

First, please be aware that because of the, umm, inherently different nature of our wabbly bits, a device that's really comfortable and secure on one guy might not work for the next guy. Sometimes it's a matter of a small adjustment (which is something discussed here quite frequently) and other times it means giving up on a favorite device and trying something else.

The CB6000, CB3000, and the Holy Trainer devices are targeted for beginners because they come with different cuff rings (or sometimes called base rings) that can be changed out according to comfort and fit. You can buy knock-off devices on ebay or aliexpress if you think that you may need to try several different ones.

The next step is usually buying a stainless steel device; however, the insanely low prices of the Chinese devices now actually make it feasible to buy several just to try out. I've seen decent models in the $20-$25 range, meaning that you could buy half a dozen for what you'd spend on a CB6000.

Personally, I would suggest that your hub start by buying different sized steel cock rings, and wear them for a few weeks to get a feel for what diameter will be most suitable. Once you've got a good idea, then you could buy a stainless device because you would know the cuff ring size.

Some of the more popular stainless devices are:
A272 (This is what I wear)
A271 (The shorter cousin)
A274 (like the 272 but with rings instead of solid tube)
A273 (Again, the sorter version with the rings)

Also, here's a stainless steel cock ring to get started with.

Personally, I would avoid the silicone devices. They are okay for a weekend play, but as it happens, they create more of a bulge in your pants, they are just as hard to keep clean as the polycarbonate CBxxxx / Holy Trainer, and are not as adjustable. Oh, and you can squeeze them until you have an orgasm, which rather defeats the purpose.
0 x
Kitten

Post by Kitten »

Thank you for all the information you gave us. We will definitely check into the links, and consider everything you said. 😊
0 x
Kitten
slave d

Post by slave d »

i agree 100% with Tom's statement above, the only thing i'd add is once you go to stainless steel you'll never go back, well that's what i've found and seen regularly here !! The only time we even consider using any of the old plastic/resin models we have is when we might have security search issues, the rest of the time they languish in a drawer. The CB6000S knockoff we have did make a great starter though as playing with all its possibilities taught us all about sizing.

MsM's ld
Last edited by slave d on Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.