Non-ball trap cages question(s)

For the gearheads in the audience
thechastenedhusband

Non-ball trap cages question(s)

Post by thechastenedhusband »

I'm looking a a few non-ball trap devices to go with my PA piercing, but there's a couple of things which I can't quite work out, and my google-fu isn't bringing up any meaningful results.

The main reason for a device that hasn't got an A-ring is that I'm pretty hairy, and most ring shapes/sizes seem to eventually create tears on the skin between follicles, making ball-trap pretty miserable and uncomfortable experiences.

The main device I'm looking at is the Male Chastity Now Mousetrap, which a lot of people seem to rave about - it's light weight and simple, minimal aesthetic is certainly appreciated. Second is the Steelworks Tube 02.

So onto my queries:

1. What's it actually like to attempt an erection in these? I'm partly put off because of the horror stories surrounding cock rings that are too tight and needing to be cut off. Maybe the length of these make a difference compared to a ring. Obviously I see they need to be able to have some grip on a flaccid penis, and as a grower that attempted expansion needs to be curtailed before a trip to A&E!

2. Any experience with these as an uncut male? I'm comfortable with having my foreskin pulled back for days at a time, and assume that the piercing loop holds the tube in place, with any skin tucked away under the tube. I'd aim for weekly removal, rest and review - which seems the common duration for these types of devices.

As for cage type - I'm just way more comfortable locking away in to something metal, so the 3d printed/plastics don't appeal to me at all.
0 x
Currently unlocked, with honour to my wife who has not set any time or duration.
Jon Descer

Re: Non-ball trap cages question(s)

Post by Jon Descer »

So I have the MCN Glans Armor and can comment a little there. If I get really aroused, the area under the ring starts to feel compressed and it's mildly uncomfortable. I imagine the Mousetrap would feel the same, but less painful, considering how spread out it would all be. I wouldn't worry about needing any sort of ER trips; even at it's worst, it's way easier to slip off than a base ring behind the twins.

As for the actual Glans Armor, it's not bad, it's certainly very light and easy to wear, and easy to keep clean for weeks of continuous wear, and the quality is top-notch, MCN always is. But...well, it's not very good at it's job. Yeah, no cage is going to be fool proof, of course, but the design is so open that, well, it hardly even does anything. When I get erect, I'm actually bulging out through the bars, and the bars are so few and so thin that I can easily just play with the head to completion. I actually paid Mark to add some cross bars along the bottom, just to make the "sweet spot" inaccessible, but it's still pretty easy to play around. He is willing to do a lot of customization, so if you consider the Glans Armor style, I'd strongly recommend talking to him about making it, well, way more enclosed. Maybe make the end-piece open but the rest of it solid (Rigid Chastity has a device like that I'm considering, the Impaler 3 I think). Another thing; the bottom/back of my Glans Armor, when I'm erect, is just below the ridge on the head of my junk. So what I can easily do is just shift the cage up and down slightly (like I said, it's tight), and it's rubbing right when I need it. So if I were to do it again, I'd also get it longer than the bare minimum, to prevent that.

If there is anything else you want to know, I'd be happy to try and help.
0 x
Tullyboy

Post by Tullyboy »

I’m glad that you brought this up. I’ve wondered whether I’m headed in the direction of a PA. I am active enough that having my testicles bunched often gets in the way of activities and they are easily irritated. Can I add a couple questions of my own?

1. Do any of the PA devices actually restrict erection or do they just constrict a small area.

2. I noticed that a lot of people with PAs continue to use a ball capture device. Is this to reduce the ability to masturbate?

3. PA question... do you typically remove the piercing for sex? If you leave it in for sex, is it painful or uncomfortable?

Thanks! TB
0 x
Jon Descer

Post by Jon Descer »

1. The devices do one of two things (or both); restrict access to the sensitive bits, and/or give a painful but not terrible squeeze. The Mousetrap style that grips the shaft and leaves the head open seems pointless, but if it's tight enough, erections will not be very fun, but not dangerous. If it IS too big, however, well, then it might actually be pretty pointless. It's basically jewelry at that point.

2. Yes, it does make it more difficult. I frankly find it harder to reach orgasm when scrunched, where as if I'm at full staff with a shiny metal hat, well, it's real easy. I can actually work the shaft and not even touch the head and still make it after a while--ironically, the squeezing sensation of the device actually makes it EASIER than if I were to try the same thing without it. But, like I said, I ordered my device too short; a longer one might prevent that. It also feels...right. It's just the mentality; a chastity device should feel like a constrictive cage, or at least that's how many people feel. An almost imperceptible weight on the tip of your junk hardly feels like chastity 99% of the time. One more thing; it might feel better on the piercing. Depending on your lifestyle and how you dress, having the weight of a device that is mostly, or totally, held in place by the piercing, constantly pulling on it, might hurt or even tear. So a ball trap device keeps most the strain elsewhere.

3. Probably. Most of them would not be comfortable inside a vagina for the vagina-haver. For those that might feel fine to her, they would probably be uncomfortable for you due to the tightness (although, that may be a goal, not a deterrent, depending on her...proclivities). But if you get one very smooth that covers the head and prevents stimulation, I imagine that would be pretty awesome for some frustrating sex, with her getting all she wants and you getting little.

One more point; the PA device can also pinch and hurt. If you are active and you wear tight briefs or cycling shorts or something, and your junk is all kind of crammed together, it's easy for skin to get shoved in between the metal and your shaft and pinch, or even pull, as you move. Hell, even when I just wear a barbell through the PA, I can get that effect. Now, that's really going to depend on how much you grow; if you're more of a show-er, and the device is therefore tightly-fitted even when flaccid, that might be less of a problem. But if not, you may need to find something else. I haven't had too many problems, but I don't do anything that doesn't allow me to stop and adjust the boys, so if you do, you might need to also roll a condom over it or wrap it up somehow to prevent that. Still better than squeezing the twins or smashing them on a bike seat.

I wish I had more specifics to share, I just don't have enough experience to say too much definitively, but I hope this helps.
0 x
Tullyboy

Post by Tullyboy »

Thanks. When I first began considering the PA it seemed like it solved a lot of issues, but the more that I research it, the more that I realize that it might not really solve anything for me. Probably just easier to get unlocked for a strenuous activity.
0 x
Betterthansmith
Last orgasm: June 1st, 2022

Post by Betterthansmith »

OK, continuing this questioning!!

I used to have a jailbird - was left in it for over a month at one point without any health problems...

I now have a PA... I worry about the PA-only devices pulling/stretching on the piercing, so would probably still go for the trapped balls option (and for the reasons described above)... however, are 'standard' cage compatible with PA jewelry? I can still see there being scope for an injury (if the jewelry was threaded round the end of the cage bars for example)...

Any recommendations?
0 x
cuyahoga

Post by cuyahoga »

You should really check out Thumper’s blog. The PA caused him all kinds of problems initially, and he spent a lot of time working out what the problems’ causes were and how to solve them. He’s really done all the work for you, and it’s way too extensive to explain it all here.

Gist: attaching the PA to the cage can cause painful pulling; the PA moving around inside the cage can cause some painful pinches.
0 x
Last orgasm: February 7th, 2024.
Betterthansmith

Extensive and expensive by the looks of things!!

Thanks for the pointer though. My jailbird was great. Guess there's no real way of integrating the two..
0 x
Schnoff
Last orgasm: August 14th, 2023

Post by Schnoff »

Drew speaks about the one that Steelwerks makes, and he loves his. Goes so far as to say "If you have a PA, you owe yourself one of these". Check that out on his blog.

I don't think you'll have horror stories, but you do need to get the sizing right. I ordered a SecuroCage02 from Steelworxx and though I emailed with Dietmar beforehand, I did NOT understand how to measure this at all, and as a result, it didn't fit. For measurement for that particular device, I now learned:

Horizontal and vertical measurements. Not along a curve. Not slanted. When he asks for measurement behind the cockhead, that's the shaft just behind, straight across (not along the slant of the head), with skin. Same for width of cockhead - straight across, with skin. Same for height of cockhead - straight up to the level of the tip, not along the cockhead; and with the cockhead straight as it would be in the device, not bent forward. Distance from piercing hole to top, same - straight up to the level of the tip, not along the cockhead; have the cockhead oriented with the uretha straight, as it would be in the device.

That may all seem bleedingly obvious. It wasn't to me. I really needed a diagram and I didn't have one.

How well this will wear with foreskin is a good question. Dietmar is sending me a partially finished device so we can get the sizing right this time. In a few months, I'll know how well it fits and how well it works with foreskin. The skin will be in there and partially retracted so the pin can go through the PA hole. That might pinch. I hope it won't.
0 x
Schnoff
My orgasm denial blog
Tango tangor ergo sum.
Betterthansmith

Thanks for the detailed reply... I like the idea of something like the securocage but my fear is the weight and the strain on the piercing? Is it just me that worries about that one?

The securocage doesn't look like its good for long term wear though? My partner is a bit of a lock it and forget it type...
0 x