device sizing

For the gearheads in the audience
dolefrank

device sizing

Post by dolefrank »

Hello,
I am looking to upgrade from my Bon4 and am thinking of going to a Mature Metal cage. Can anyone share some tips on measuring for size? I want to try and get a good fit so as to not have to send it back and forth a bunch of times for adjustment.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks
0 x
Locked by LRC

Re: device sizing

Post by Locked by LRC »

When I ordered a MM device I didn't follow their directions. When looking at their measuring guide I thought "I know I'm going to need a cage bigger than that". So, knowing more than MM I ordered the size I KNEW I needed. Well, it was wrong.

When I ordered my second device I followed their directions and have a great fit. I'm at the end almost all the time. The cage size is the most important to get the first time. The diameter can't be adjusted. The length can be adjusted but it's costly. The base rings and gap can be changed as well.

You can find their measuring guide here; http://www.maturemetal.com/guide-to-mea ... ty-device/
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
Michele

Post by Michele »

I always suggest my subs measure over the course of a week, at least 3 different days, if not everyday and at least 2 different times a day. It will give you the best look at how your body (ie. Penis) changed throughout the day and week.

Also, you might think about the sizing rings, they really are great for getting a good fit.
0 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

You have gotten some good advice so far. Even though you are experienced, I would still suggest getting the sizing rings. It's much cheaper than getting a new base ring or getting the cage diameter wrong. You can sell them for almost what you paid for them if you don't need them any more. The only thing I differ with MM sizing instructions is to subtract 1/2 in instead of 1/4 in from the length measurement. That's just from my experience.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
Michele

Post by Michele »

Wishful - I agree, I would also think about subtracting 1/2
0 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast
Shorty

Post by Shorty »

Lady M wrote:Wishful - I agree, I would also think about subtracting 1/2
That depends on what length you're working with. For longer lengths and showers - yes. For shorter lengths and growers - 1/4 may be sufficient. Mine was.
0 x
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
– Philippians 2:3-4 (NIV)
boisub

Post by boisub »

Definitely get the sizing rings! Don't make any assumptions about how your current device Measurements will translate to the MM device.

And don't be shy about asking them if you have any questions. They have been extremely patient and helpful with me.
0 x