Effects of going shorter? (cage length)

For the gearheads in the audience
ChastityNoob

Effects of going shorter? (cage length)

Post by ChastityNoob »

Hey all,

I've had my Jail Bird for a few months... Getting ready to send it back for a ring adjustment and I'm also considering shortening the cage. The cage actually fits how it should (only time I don't reach the end is when the cage slides down and the ring adjustment should fix that), but I understand that many people prefer to go shorter than their "standard" length measurement. My main motivation is extra security... I can orgasm pretty easily and I'm hoping that a shorter cage might make it more difficult or at least be more effective at ruining my orgasm. So with that in mind, I have a few questions...

First of all, is this even worth it? Should I expect to see any benefit with regards to preventing or ruining an orgasm? I understand that nothing is 100%... I'm just looking for some improvement.

If I do go shorter, should I expect any tradeoff with comfort/wearability? Does being "squished" into a smaller cage make it more difficult to use the bathroom normally? Any other pros/cons?

And lastly, does anyone have any input on what's too short? I'm currently at 2" and I think that's my ideal length based on the normal measuring guidelines. Any issues going down to 1 3/4? Would anything more than that be too drastic?

Thanks in advance!
0 x
slave d

Re: Effects of going shorter? (cage length)

Post by slave d »

FWIW my current cage is a total (including the A ring) of 38mm, but i am a little fella at the best of time lol. Both i and MsM like it the way it is.

MsM's ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
_lj_

Post by _lj_ »

First, I don't think MM will shorten the cage, I understood that wasn't an option, but obviously ask them. Or perhaps it's just the diameter.

From my experience, with a cage that is a snug fit for length and diameter, on the three occasions I've experimented with an orgasm (induced with a vibrator) the result was an entirely unsatisfactory emission with none of the enjoyable sensations associated with an orgasm. Which I suppose is the intended result !

I'd get the ring fixed and see if that helps, before altering anything else. Small mechanical changes can make a big physical difference.
0 x
MM Jailbird
ChastityNoob

Post by ChastityNoob »

Mature Metal will change the cage length, although it's one of the more costly modifications.I believe cage diameter is the thing that can't be changed.

I can get off pretty easily with just a finger and it's still quite enjoyable, so I'm wondering if my cage is snug enough even though it appears to fit properly. I'd love to get to a point where the best I can achieve is a ruined orgasm.

I know, the most important chastity device is your brain, but I just don't always have the will power when it's so easy. I'm working on it, but I wish the cage was a little more effective.
0 x
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

_lj_ wrote:...I'd get the ring fixed and see if that helps, before altering anything else. Small mechanical changes can make a big physical difference.
This would be my suggestion also.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
ChastityNoob

Post by ChastityNoob »

Locked by LRC wrote:
_lj_ wrote:...I'd get the ring fixed and see if that helps, before altering anything else. Small mechanical changes can make a big physical difference.
This would be my suggestion also.
Hmmm... This seems like good advice, although I'd like to minimize the back and forth time if it's something I'll end up doing anyway. Decisions, decisions...
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

I agree about getting the ring fixed first and I hear you about wanting to minimize the down time with your JB. I did several years ago have my JB shortened and it is expensive. Just keep in mind that while it is possible to shorten it you can't go the other way.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
ChastityNoob

Post by ChastityNoob »

locked4her55 wrote:I agree about getting the ring fixed first and I hear you about wanting to minimize the down time with your JB. I did several years ago have my JB shortened and it is expensive. Just keep in mind that while it is possible to shorten it you can't go the other way.
Was your cage too long or did you decide to shorten it beyond the recommended fit? What differences did you notice with the change in length?

I spoke to William and he said the cage can be shortened or lengthened (It's basically a complete rework of all the small bars).
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

ChastityNoob wrote:
locked4her55 wrote:I agree about getting the ring fixed first and I hear you about wanting to minimize the down time with your JB. I did several years ago have my JB shortened and it is expensive. Just keep in mind that while it is possible to shorten it you can't go the other way.
Was your cage too long or did you decide to shorten it beyond the recommended fit? What differences did you notice with the change in length?

I spoke to William and he said the cage can be shortened or lengthened (It's basically a complete rework of all the small bars).
When I did it years ago I believe Traci cautioned me to make sure this was what I wanted since it couldn't be lengthen. Sounds like that has changed.

I sat 90% of the time about 1/2 to 1/4 of an inch from the front bars. After the change I am now just resting on the front bars and I find that to be very comfortable and convenient especially when I have to pee.

Good luck.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

ChastityNoob wrote:I can get off pretty easily with just a finger and it's still quite enjoyable, so I'm wondering if my cage is snug enough even though it appears to fit properly. I'd love to get to a point where the best I can achieve is a ruined orgasm.
I *think* that the 'quality' of an orgasm while caged is primarily affected by the size of the main ring, and secondarily by the amount of stimulation and engorgement.

The smaller the size of the main ring (and the more aroused one is), the more the urethra is compressed during erection attempts, which constricts it and makes it more difficult to ejaculate. The constriction increases the amount of pressure necessary to force the semen through it, and the amount of force available depends on the strength of the PCG muscle.

If the PCG muscle is not strong, the pressure of the constriction opposing the passage of semen results in incomplete muscle contraction, which reduces the amount of 'pleasure' that would be experienced (and, consequently, reduces the chemical release that usually accompanies ejaculation and results in the loss of libido afterward, which is why 'ruined' orgasms tend to have a smaller refractory/recovery time and the loss of libido is not so great).

If the PCG muscle is *very* strong, then even a completely restricted urethra may not prevent pleasure/orgasm, due to 'retrograde ejaculation' in which the pressure exceeds the amount needed to force semen backward through the urethra toward the bladder.

A scheme of long-term orgasm denial and/or administration of [only] 'ruined' orgasms (or prostate 'milking') can result in weakening of the PCG muscle due to disuse- muscles that are not used will atrophy and weaken, and this is true of the PCG as well, especially if 'kegel' exercises are not implemented to counteract the atrophy that might/can occur when orgasm frequency is diminished.

Over the long term, if kegel exercises are not implemented to counteract the effects of orgasm denial, then it tends to be expected that the atrophy of the PCG will result in weaker and less 'satisfying' orgasms when they *are* permitted, and consequently, a more rapid recovery of libido. In essence, *all* orgasms will tend to become more like 'ruined' orgasms, even if they are not intentionally ruined.

This description/information is the result of my own analysis of effects as I have experienced them- your mileage may vary considerably based on your own body, but I am confident that this is accurate in a general sense.

It has been my experience that recovery of 'normal' function may be attained (at least partially) after the program of orgasm denial has been ceased, with frequent practice and the resultant strengthening of the PCG muscle, though it may take a considerable period of time.

This information can, of course, be of use in determining what level of denial and loss of 'normal' function is appropriate and desired by you and your partner. However, it should be considered that, depending on age and the length of the denial period, it is at least *possible* that the effects could become *permanent*...or at least difficult or impossible to *completely* reverse. Whether this is acceptable or desirable is up to each individual to determine. I think that this is a real, potential risk that anyone participating in this should be aware of.

TL;DR:

The the fewer [full] orgasms you have over longer periods of time, the weaker and less satisfying they may become.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted