Modifying an A080

For the gearheads in the audience
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Modifying an A080

Post by Tom Allen »

My A080 from DH Gate came in pretty quickly after all. I spent an afternoon modifying a few things to make it more comfortable and convenient.

https://vanillaedge.wordpress.com/2016/ ... na-part-1/
0 x
beheld

Re: Modifying an A080

Post by beheld »

I'm a fan of this device. I've been wearing one for months now. I've considered buying a custom cage, but just haven't seen the need to spend the extra $$$.

It's probably been mentioned here before, but these devices are great because you can easily adjust the length to the perfect size. Just squeeze the rings closer with a pair of pliers until you have the perfect length cage.

I would love to see someone start making solid rings with an appropriately sized tab. I'd buy one to use in place of the split ring. The split ring isn't horrible, but sometimes I'd prefer a solid ring.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

I've made a few minor adjustments by bending the rings and the locking tab slightly, but overall, I'm surprisingly comfortable.

This is my shortest device, and I had some doubts at first, but now I really can understand why the CB6000-S is more comfortable for a lot of guys. I've been sleeping just fine in it.

Just curious: Why did you pick the 80 instead of the 81?
0 x
beheld

Post by beheld »

I actually have both. I really like the 81. The bend is not really as impacting as it would seem, but it's about 1/2" longer than I need.

Between the 2 I like the 80 because I could easily adjust the size. The series of rings gives also give a more enveloped feel. I feel "caged" in the 80. Just sitting around I can tell that there is a metal wrapped around me. I didn't get that feeling from the 81.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

woodenturner wrote:The series of rings gives also give a more enveloped feel. I feel "caged" in the 80. Just sitting around I can tell that there is a metal wrapped around me. I didn't get that feeling from the 81.
Hmm, I was surprised at this, although if the inner diameter of the 81 is roughly 1-3/8", that means the bars would be spaced about 1" apart. It certainly *looks* to be enveloping, but since the rings of the 80 are oriented differently, it does seem to be more, umm, encaging in that aspect.

Have you ever tried using a urinal with the 81? Was the 90º bend an issue?
0 x
beheld

Post by beheld »

Tom Allen wrote:Have you ever tried using a urinal with the 81? Was the 90º bend an issue?
It's possible, but you have to pay attention or it's easy to make a mess. The 80 is pretty easy to use at a urinal. The one thing I've found is it works much better if I actually unbutton my pants. Any time I tried to just unzip my fly I made a mess. If I actually undo my pants, I don't have to actually move my penis away from my body as much. It just hangs more naturally, so it doesn't put pressure on the penis and causes far fewer messes.
0 x
Bird in a Cage

Post by Bird in a Cage »

Tom Allen wrote:My A080 from DH Gate came in pretty quickly after all. I spent an afternoon modifying a few things to make it more comfortable and convenient.

https://vanillaedge.wordpress.com/2016/ ... na-part-1/
Did you do anything with the hinge? Cheap Chinese steel hinges love to trap a bit of sensitive flesh—especially at the most inopportune times.
0 x
Securely within an MCN Adaptus.
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

If anyone is interested, I posted Part 2:

https://vanillaedge.wordpress.com/2016/ ... na-part-2/
0 x
Bird in a Cage

Post by Bird in a Cage »

Tom Allen wrote:If anyone is interested, I posted Part 2:

https://vanillaedge.wordpress.com/2016/ ... na-part-2/
A nice detailed write-up. I am very interested in your solid base ring solution. Please keep us informed as you progress toward that goal. Your description of hinged base rings appeared to omit the sudden screaming wake from deep sleep as the pinch grabs hold of that part of us that should NEVER be in a vice-like contraption.

Personally, I think a hinged base ring would work better than water boarding in extreme rendition scenarios.
0 x
Securely within an MCN Adaptus.
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

I had planned to make a solid cuff ring from 5/16 round stainless steel. But as I was fooling around with things, I ended up taking the original cuff ring from the A080, buffing the hell out of the inner edges, and then buffing even more around the hinge area. And then I put thing ring in a vise and put a drop of silver solder in the tabs and brazed them shut. And then I buffed it out some more.

The buffing softened the edges, and with the ring not being able to open/close enough to grab skin or hair, it's actually not so bad. I think that part of the discomfort was the very slight amount that the ring would shift, causing it to grab something.

I'm going to try it for a while to see how it does. It's been on 3 days so far, and for the last couple of days I haven't bothered with any lube.
0 x