What's the deal with Steelworxx orders?

For the gearheads in the audience
Edgewood

What's the deal with Steelworxx orders?

Post by Edgewood »

So, I finally decided to take the plunge and get a Looker 02 only to get a message the next day that Steelworxx isn't taking new orders right now.

Does anyone have experience with how they handle this sort of thing? Do they make a wait list or contact you when they start accepting orders again? Or do you just have to hope you time things right?
0 x
ptharv

Re: What's the deal with Steelworxx orders?

Post by ptharv »

He must be overwhelmed with orders and can't keep up. I just received my new device yesterday and had placed the order March 6th. This was my 5th device from him. My previous orders were always shipped within four to five weeks. I doubt he will email you about taking orders. I would just email him asking for a date.
0 x
Currently wearing Steelworxx Looker 3.
ptharv

Post by ptharv »

Since you still have time, I will give suggest some options to make your device more secure. He will do almost any customizations you want, for additional cost sometimes. First, and probably no added cost, extend the urethral insert. The length would depend on what you think would be comfortable. For added cost, have more bars added to the cage. Still plenty of open space to clean but not enough exposed skin to get off. And for real security, have him completely enclose the lock cylinder. With his current design, you have access to the locking tab, which you can just bend to unlock. You do those options and I think it would be almost impossible to get out.

By the way, his work is top quality. You will be happy with the device as long as you order the best size.
0 x
TitaniumChastiTi

Post by TitaniumChastiTi »

I waited 9 weeks for my my Custom Looker 03 and was at just such a time after he had stopped taking orders, it went back once to be shortened, although I did the cutting, shortening and preparation and returned it for welding/polishing and took about 2 weeks to receive back. The shortened design did not work for me as it rubbed on the underside from the PA lock, not his fault it was my design after all. Rather than send it back I decided to invest money into my workshop, researched the market and the materials available, hence the birth of Titanium Chastiti. His standard of work as is mine is superb.
0 x
Subinmemphis

Post by Subinmemphis »

It's been 9 weeks as of yesterday and it hasn't turned up.
0 x
Katwalk is my key holder
Subinmemphis

Post by Subinmemphis »

Subinmemphis wrote:It's been 9 weeks as of yesterday and it hasn't turned up.
It arrived the day after the above post. What a nice piece of work. Very impressed. I have the "double cock ring with urethral tube. "
0 x
Katwalk is my key holder
Edgewood

Post by Edgewood »

ptharv wrote:First, and probably no added cost, extend the urethral insert. The length would depend on what you think would be comfortable. For added cost, have more bars added to the cage. Still plenty of open space to clean but not enough exposed skin to get off. And for real security, have him completely enclose the lock cylinder.
Thanks for the tips. I doubt that I'm going to take the plunge on extending the insert or adding the bars. The insert extension would seem to be a bit of trial an error and I'm pretty confident that I will have all the security I need as long as it extends past the base ring. As for the bars, when I'm shoved in that short of a tube/cage (my device will be only 60mm total length) I can't get off no matter how much skin is exposed.

Closing the lock seems to be a good call though. Now that I look at pictures I can see how you could just reach in with a small screwdriver and flip that last piece of the locker over.
0 x
tommy619

Post by tommy619 »

Edgewood wrote:
ptharv wrote:First, and probably no added cost, extend the urethral insert. The length would depend on what you think would be comfortable. For added cost, have more bars added to the cage. Still plenty of open space to clean but not enough exposed skin to get off. And for real security, have him completely enclose the lock cylinder.
Now that I look at pictures I can see how you could just reach in with a small screwdriver and flip that last piece of the locker over.
really?
0 x
ptharv

Post by ptharv »

It's not quite that easy. It takes some effort and it will break the lock. Screwdriver won't do it. Too much effort needed, but pliers will work. I've done it before when couldn't get the key to work.
0 x
TitaniumChastiTi

Post by TitaniumChastiTi »

Edgewood wrote:
ptharv wrote:Closing the lock seems to be a good call though. Now that I look at pictures I can see how you could just reach in with a small screwdriver and flip that last piece of the locker over.
I make my locks on all my devices so they are inaccessible, but even if you could, you cannot move the tab part of the lock that moves without the key being in the lock :twisted:
0 x