MCN Contender - Taking a Survey before we buy

For the gearheads in the audience
edwoodmx

MCN Contender - Taking a Survey before we buy

Post by edwoodmx »

So I am new to the forum and happy to have found a place where like minded individuals have constructive discussions on the topic at hand. So before I go onto my first post I guess Congrats to thumper and all of those guys and Misses that participate.

Straight to it then.
My Mistress and I have decided to go for our first custom device and after plenty of research and considering the Jailbird and the Looker 01 have finally set our eyes on the MCN Contender.

Before we place our order we would like to take a survey from other happy customers of the Contender on the following points. Which way did you go and how did it work out for you, any pointers advice and comments that you might want to share with us will be greatly valued.

- Deciding on Tube Length: (Given that the flaccid size may be all over the place. After taking plenty of measurements as suggested) Which measurement did you choose?
1) smallest (like when shriveled up from a cold shower)
2) smallest less 1/4''
3) smallest less 1/2''
4) the average (resulting from your measurement sample)
5) average less 1/4''
6) average less 1/2''

- Deciding on Tube Diameter:
1) lightly touching the metal bars on all sides
2) slightly larger with a bit more space all around*
(* please mention if you chose this as a result of the desire to select a shorter length)

- Placement of the Post onto which the cage secures:
1) Face of the Base Ring
2) Top of the Base Ring
(does it make any difference)

- Base Ring:
1) Round
2) Oval

- Ring to Cage Gap:
1) 1/4''
2) 3/8''
3) 1/2''

- Finish:
1) Polished
2) Satin

This will be very helpful in making our final decision before ordering and perhaps also help any future MCN Contender Buyers.

Thanks in advance
and happy humping or lack thereof to us all ;)
ed
Last edited by edwoodmx on Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Namron

Re: MCN Contender - Taking a Survey before we buy

Post by Namron »

Length: 4 or 5
Diameter: 1
Placement: front of ring; less chance to dig into pubic bone when bending over
Shape: I tried oval and went to round. You can easily change it with a good vice.
Finish: personal preference. I have satin.
0 x
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

Agree with Namron except I would for sure go with #5 for the length. You want to keep yourself close to end to help prevent growth and keeping everything lined up for urination.

You didn't mention gap, I would recommend the standard 3/8" unless you are extremely high and tight.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
Bird in a Cage

Post by Bird in a Cage »

I recommend talking with Mark from MCN. No one knows his products better than he does. In my experience, he's been very helpful (and replies to inquiries quickly).
0 x
Securely within an MCN Adaptus.
Bird in a Cage

Post by Bird in a Cage »

Namron wrote:Length: 4 or 5
Diameter: 1
Placement: front of ring; less chance to dig into pubic bone when bending over
Shape: I tried oval and went to round. You can easily change it with a good vice.
Finish: personal preference. I have satin.
That's an interesting opinion on post placement. I prefer top placement, but mainly for asthetics (cage alignment to the base ring). Has anyone else had pubic bone issues? How about rotating the ring for PIV, any preferential differences on post placement for that (not that it happens too often, but still, we can always hope)?
0 x
Securely within an MCN Adaptus.
TitaniumChastiTi

Post by TitaniumChastiTi »

Please feel free to take a look at my products too :D
0 x
edwoodmx

Post by edwoodmx »

Locked by LRC wrote:Agree with Namron except I would for sure go with #5 for the length. You want to keep yourself close to end to help prevent growth and keeping everything lined up for urination.

You didn't mention gap, I would recommend the standard 3/8" unless you are extremely high and tight.
Thanks for the advice. I've added the option so that people can specify which gap between base ring and cage they chose. Apparently everyone goes for the 3/8''
0 x
peter_rabbit
Last orgasm: May 17th, 2020
Orgasms this year: 17

Post by peter_rabbit »

Length: average, less 1/4-1/2
Diameter: lightly touching
Ring: oval
Gap: 1/4"
Finish: polished

It does come down to personal preference. I ended up getting a shorter one later. I also got a smaller base ring with a top mounted post. I'm not sure if oval vs round makes that much difference. Satin wasn't available.
0 x
edwoodmx

Post by edwoodmx »

peter_rabbit wrote:Length: average, less 1/4-1/2
Diameter: lightly touching
Ring: oval
Gap: 1/4"
Finish: polished

It does come down to personal preference. I ended up getting a shorter one later. I also got a smaller base ring with a top mounted post. I'm not sure if oval vs round makes that much difference. Satin wasn't available.
Hi peter rabbit.
Quick question?

As there is no particular way to measure for it, what made you decide to choose the 1/4'' gap?
Did you feel it gave better security / comfort / other.

I am personally usually relaxed down there and my balls usually hang low and we were leaning towards that gap as well , specially in combination to the post being mounted on the top.

Any additional feedback will be greatly appreciated.
regards
ed
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

FWIW MsM went for the 1/4 gap with Her Contender too. When all is said and done all that resides in that gap is scrotum skin and one thing's certain, a testicle won't fit through 1/4 inch !! i would recommend you request the gap be a little bigger at the bottom than the top (really you dont "need" a gap at the top) to stop any rotation. MsM's tends to rotate and cause a bit of pinching but i've got used to it and adjust accordingly. i wasn't aware of the way to stop that happening before MsM purchased the Contender.

ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.