Padlock or integral lock? Which do you prefer and why?

For the gearheads in the audience
gilesenglish

Padlock or integral lock? Which do you prefer and why?

Post by gilesenglish »

A friend asked me why I preferred an integral lock like on the HT2 and said it seemed to be mainly a male preference. I wasn't sure, so I'm asking around:

Please could you tell me:

Do you prefer a padlock or an integral lock on your chastity device?

Why?

8-)
0 x
wolf513

Re: Padlock or integral lock? Which do you prefer and why?

Post by wolf513 »

Integral. No noise, and no chafing.
0 x
knighterrant

Post by knighterrant »

Integral. I use a security screw, we don't miss the lock here.

It is lighter, less noisy, more convenient, just as effective in my opinion.
0 x
TitaniumChastiTi

Post by TitaniumChastiTi »

I will only make mine with an integral lock, probably adds 5/6 hours to make, but aesthetically and from a user experience so much better, and hey you dont have to wrap a rubber band round it !!!
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

Security screw's the ultimate answer and if you go long term then a seal that needs to be cut. We've had a security screw on the Contender for 12 months and now just changed to a security screw with a centre hole and a one-use seal for total security but would only recommend that for people who don't unlock for months at a time otherwise it will cost a fortune in seals !!

d
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

Time for me to break the streak.

We prefer the padlock. The security screw on both our JB and WM were just too cumbersome at times to put on and take off. I also found, over time the screw became loose.

She likes being able to grab the padlock, look into my eyes and just before she clicks it shut (a sound she says she loves) she usually comes out with some catchy phrase like "how long will it be this time?"

She also had the brass lock engraved with her initial. It's her way of taking ownership and making sure I don't swap the lock out on her. :lol:
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
nebman

Post by nebman »

locked4her55 wrote:Time for me to break the streak.

We prefer the padlock. The security screw on both our JB and WM were just too cumbersome at times to put on and take off. I also found, over time the screw became loose.

She likes being able to grab the padlock, look into my eyes and just before she clicks it shut (a sound she says she loves) she usually comes out with some catchy phrase like "how long will it be this time?"

She also had the brass lock engraved with her initial. It's her way of taking ownership and making sure I don't swap the lock out on her. :lol:
That sounds pretty cool. I've never had a security screw, so I don't know different. But, when I'm naked around the wife, maybe just getting out of the shower, and having that padlock swinging around and making some noise makes me feel more "owned" somehow. It calls my attention and my wife's attention to the item that's locked up between my legs.
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

i think the thing i like with security screw more than anything else is the "solidity", nothing moves at all, there's zero "give" between the cage and the base ring, almost as if they were welded together.

d
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
wolf513

Post by wolf513 »

Never had a "security screw". While I would like to be able to lock it without the key, the integrated lock in the HTv2 is much more discreet. I was going to get a WM or a Contender when I had the cash, but I think I'll get the Steelheart from Steelworxx.de, instead, because of the integrated lock, and the solid tube design.
0 x
VinnyDee

Post by VinnyDee »

I use the Jailbird security screw. With the padlock the top of my penis gets sore from the weight of the padlock. For me the internal lock is most comfortable.
0 x