Padlock or integral lock? Which do you prefer and why?

For the gearheads in the audience
Locked by LRC

Re: Padlock or integral lock? Which do you prefer and why?

Post by Locked by LRC »

slave d wrote:i think the thing i like with security screw more than anything else is the "solidity", nothing moves at all, there's zero "give" between the cage and the base ring, almost as if they were welded together.
d
+1

When I ordered my first MM device LRC demanded it have the security screw with the extra hole for the plastic lock. She was tired of the padlock digging into her and/or having to move it all the time.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
Gymgenius

Post by Gymgenius »

That's what I went for on my Watchful Mistress.
0 x
SwedInLoriTube

Post by SwedInLoriTube »

Integral lock! No rattle, less bulky, just better. My experience is with the Lori tube with a special locking security screw where the supplier might be bryce fasteners: http://www.brycefastener.com/security-screws.html
Those screws does not open with any other bit than supplied with the device. Period. Perfect for me as any other solution would be easy to compromise.
0 x
rotten

Post by rotten »

I love the padlock, as we keep a small jar with keys that fit in that lock, but won't turn the lock. When i get lucky, my keyholder randomly pulls a key and tries it. The anticipation as she puts the key in, is off the charts. Will it turn or will i be locked longer? This makes me excited just thinking about it.
0 x
Jasmic68

Post by Jasmic68 »

I have an integral lock with my Holy Trainer, but my Wife refuses to wear the key on a chain as it is so clunky. I would prefer a nicer key with an integral lock. I am planning on getting my Wife one of those nice pendants with the key hidden in a tube as soon as I can afford it. I am hoping to buy a new lock for the trainer so I can send the keys away to be modified.
0 x
Living in Germany but speaking with a decidedly English accent.