Silly question about base ring measurement

For the gearheads in the audience
smogobi

Silly question about base ring measurement

Post by smogobi »

So I'm currently doing my research before buying my first chastity device(a jailbird). I'm in an awkward position since I don't want to get anything else before my MM device and I live in Europe so I really don't want to be forced to get my advice adjusted. It hast to be perfect with the first trial. Therefore if you have advice for my situation, that's more then welcome.

About the base ring: I bought a measurement kit from MM and I was wondering how to determine what's right. People have said that I should be able to fit my index finger in but not more. Do they mean that it's too loose if I can fit two fingers next to each other? Or rather two fingers on top of each other? My concern is that with the second largest ring I can already feel some parts around my penis hurt. Also, my scrotum has a slightly darker color. When hard, I can fit my pinky finger to the first knuckle in. When soft, I can fit several fingers next to each other in.
0 x
theLadyanditshers

Re: Silly question about base ring measurement

Post by theLadyanditshers »

I just described my measuring technique 5 minutes ago, on this same group, entitled "Another Contender experience" and mine fit perfectly, it will work with the Jailbird, too. If you''re interested, check it out.
0 x
Device: Contender 24/7
nebman

Post by nebman »

theLadyanditshers wrote:I just described my measuring technique 5 minutes ago, on this same group, entitled "Another Contender experience" and mine fit perfectly, it will work with the Jailbird, too. If you''re interested, check it out.

The Contender website says to measure penis length from the top, while Mature Metal wants you to measure under the shaft to the balls. The two makers appear to be asking for different numbers based on different measurements. The original poster should review this issue carefully with Mature Metal.
0 x
Michele

Post by Michele »

The two companies do use different measurements to make cages. Be careful to use the measurements for which company you are purchasing from.

We have order plenty of cages and I have helped a lot of guys measure for theirs.

As far as the base ring goes for Mature Metal, you want the ring to fit around you and you want to be able to fit your index finger to the first knuckle under the ring - not by pushing into the skin but comfortably. If you can fit two fingers side by side the ring is going to slip.

Your balls will change color only very slightly (might get a deeper color, darker) and could get a little cool during an attempted erection - that's pretty standard. They should NOT be changing color or feeling cooler with the ring on normally.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have other questions!
0 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast
smogobi

Post by smogobi »

Thank you, Lady M!

(I'm ordering from MM for sure)
I think the crucial info here is "not by pushing into the skin, but comfortably". When I said that with the ring I am currently trying I can fit a finger in, I meant that I do have to push into the skin to get there.

Does this mean that the ring is too tight if I couldn't fit the figner in just like that? What about how tight it feels? Did the guys you helped say anything about feeling tightness or something?

I have some questions about the width: I am torn between two rings. One is everywhere in contact with the flesh but does not indent it. I can barely feel it. I tested sleeping with it and it did not move so I guess it holds pretty well in place. The other ring holds tighter with clear indention.
Which one would you favor? Should it be a little tighter to be safe or will the first ring's measurement yield a better result?
0 x
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

With trying to jump in with your first device being a custom, I have another suggestion. Find the ring that you are sure is the proper fit first. Then, when you place your order, also get the next smallest ring as well. Many when starting find after a few weeks or months their body adjusts and need a smaller ring. If you wait until later, and you decide you need a smaller ring, you will need to send the whole device back.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve