what size ring for holy trainer 2?

For the gearheads in the audience
Hopalong Cassidy

what size ring for holy trainer 2?

Post by Hopalong Cassidy »

I went to a hardware store and bought a few different size round steel welded rings to try on.
I can NOT get into a round 40mm welded round steel ring at all.
I can get into a 45mm round welded steel ring.
I did slip out of the 45mm welded round steel ring one night when I was lying down. When I slipped out of the ring, the ring had a lot of lubrication on it.

What size holy trainer ring do you suggest I buy?
Thanks
0 x
spandexpauly

Re: what size ring for holy trainer 2?

Post by spandexpauly »

I've been in my Holy Trainer for a little under a week now. Very happy with the break in period. A little pressure on the top of the shaft but nothing serious.

i'm wearing a 45" with the small cage.

i am about 2.5" flacid and the cage and ring are working out well with me. The ring is tight but not too tight.

Good luck
0 x
wolf513

Post by wolf513 »

Slipping out of the ring alone doesn't tell you much. Once the tube is on, it creates a narrow gap all the way around the ring. (though it's not perfect, and it will flex from time to time, creating a larger gap which can sometimes result in a ball slipping through)

The key question is: Are you comfortable in the 45mm ring, or does it cause you pain, swelling, etc? Basically, it should be as tight as possible, without causing discomfort.

I use a 50mm ring on the HTv2, and it fits just right. Before purchase, I had used the string method recommended by the HT site, which suggested that I needed closer to a 52mm ring. The 50mm ended up fitting perfectly.

I have also got some 50mm and 45mm metal rings. The 50mm fits pretty much the same, from a comfort perspective, as the HT 50mm ring.

Based on what you've shared, I'd recommend the 45mm.
0 x
attentive_husband

Post by attentive_husband »

It will take wearing it with the cage. I have a 2" with the contender and that works fine. I tried the 2-1/8" and that felt like it was about to fall out all weekend. So very small difference, large difference in use.

With that said, wearing the 2" one:
When at my smaller size I can easily fit my thumb through.
When full or even a bit aroused, I can fit one finger through to the knuckle.
When my wife has me really worked up you couldn't get a toothpick through even using a sledgehammer.

So it also depends on your "state."
0 x
sunnyweasel

Post by sunnyweasel »

I started with 45mm for a month or so but I have 2x a ball slip so I moved to 40mm no issues been 51 days.
So far I can say if you fit 45mm and you can move a finger around you might need to move down.
Now I have snug fit and no issues
0 x
PatLocked

Post by PatLocked »

I've recently bought a Holy Trainer and I am pleased with it. Its standard size and I wear it with the largest ring. The HT really is the Volkswagen of devices, German Engineering again impresses, probably the best off the self non-metal device that you can buy.
For a woman buying a device to surprise her husband or bf I'd say she could not go wrong with the HT.

Before talking about the correct ring to wear I was wearing a Loris 18C with 1 7/8'' base ring which caused a lot of pain so I could not wear it continually. I'll send my Loris back to her and if finances permit I'll either get it modified or replaced. In the long term I'd like to be kept on a Loris PA device, however the Rikers HT has given me no trouble and I can pee straight too. Also I cannot masturbate, at least so far, with only pre-cum after about 10-15 minutes of trying - sublime!

My sack is quite large so I need a base ring at least 1.75'' dia before the HT al devices have been circular and having to wear the 2nd largest CB ring (CB devices I do not like) would make it difficult to cross my legs while the HT's formed ring is a big improvement.

Over the next few days I am going to try wearing the smaller ring so does anyone know where the check point is for checking the fit of the HT's base ring?
I assume its the same as other base rings where you should be just about able to fit a finger into the vee-point of the ring?
0 x
PatLocked

Post by PatLocked »

Tried the smaller ring today and while I eventually got it on the cage would not seat, it would not dovetail in so its the largest ring for me.

If anyone wants a pair of base rings (in black) PM me. Seems a shame just to throw them out.
0 x
wolf513

Post by wolf513 »

PatLocked wrote:Tried the smaller ring today and while I eventually got it on the cage would not seat, it would not dovetail in so its the largest ring for me.

If anyone wants a pair of base rings (in black) PM me. Seems a shame just to throw them out.
You might want to hold on to them... When I started, the 50mm ring was a tight fit. Now, a couple months into it, I can comfortably wear a 47mm steel ring, and I think I might even be able to wear the 45mm HT ring.

From what I've read, this is actually pretty common.
0 x