Is custom made the best option for newbie

For the gearheads in the audience
Bomd

Is custom made the best option for newbie

Post by Bomd »

Hi

I've posted a few ques recently and I keep being advised not to buy off-the-shelf but to go with custom made. This is especially so given hat I want to wear 24/7.
a) given that I have no experience with these am I not more prone to make mistakes with measurements?
b) If you buy custom made, should you expect to have to have adjustments made?

Thanks

Barry
0 x
Locked in Titanium Ti600

https://chastebritania.wordpress.com/
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4
Re: Is custom made the best option for newbie

Post by TwistedMister »

In *my* opinion, you would be better off experimenting with less expensive options before dropping a wad on custom. If you are a *little* off with custom, it may be possible to change it (at a cost, plus shipping costs). But if you get too far off you might have to scrap it and try again...some costs may be recovered by selling the device, but it could be at a discount to what you paid as the purchaser will likely need to have it modified.

I would suggest starting with a CB-xxxx model. It offers the ability to experiment with different sizes and gaps so that you are better able to see what may work for you and what won't. A genuine CB-X model is somewhat pricey, but still [much] less than most customs. I've been using a CB3k for more than 15(?) years and it has been mostly suitable, I have also found that size requirements have changed and the options have been useful.

(Some folks might advise you to buy a CB-X counterfeit [for much less than the Real Thing] but I think these are chintzy, have defects that make them unsuitable for wear without modification, and [reportedly] break easily.)
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
mellyshubby

Post by mellyshubby »

Nothing wrong with trying an off the shelf device first. The CB6000 or 6000s (assuming you fit) would be a good first one to try. If you and your wife enjoy the ride, it won't be long till you order custom.
0 x
Husband of MellyKH
Securely locked 24/7 in either a Jail Bird or Watchful Mistress
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

I'm in agreement with both my esteemed colleagues above.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
Bomd

Post by Bomd »

Thanks guys - bit concerned about the quality issues though. Don't want that happening to me. I did think about HolyTrainer - but go an email from them saying that it won't fit my 8.5cm/9cm flaccid penis. I that was average.
0 x
Locked in Titanium Ti600

wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

I agree with most of what has been said. Additionally, I would suggest going ahead and purchasing the sizing ring kit from Mature Metal ($30). Once you have sampled the sizing rings for a period of time, you will be able to gauge whether some of the "off the shelf" devices may fit you. It may save you money in the long run.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
Bomd

Post by Bomd »

Wouldn't this thing be visible in trousers - whilst I think I need it's length, there are other devices with more of a droop. In an ideal world I'd work up quickly to wearing this 24/7 and that would include in running shorts
0 x
Locked in Titanium Ti600

Caged Dude 60

Post by Caged Dude 60 »

A bulge from wearing a device had never been an issue for me, although I usually wear baggy old man pants and shorts!

I agree that starting off with a less expensive off the shelf device is the way to go. You can test the waters so to speak, then move up to a custom device.

I started with a knockoff CB3000 and it fell apart. Next was a real one, and then a CB2000 (sadly they are no longer made). The open design of the CB2000 is what attracted me to the Mature Metal Jailbird. It fits like a glove and I hardly know I'm wearing it.

That's my $.02. Good luck!
0 x