Metal vs. Silicone Cage Chafing

For the gearheads in the audience
braddogg4345

Metal vs. Silicone Cage Chafing

Post by braddogg4345 »

I have been having some issues with my silicone cage (birdlocked-Neo) lately. I frequently get erections while I sleep that cause a lot of chafing. I have not had any chafing in the ring area, but in the cage area. I can wear the cage for 3 or 4 days before the chafing gets bad. My wife takes it off and i have marks that run up the bottom of my shaft from my scrotum to about 2-3 up my shaft. I have to spend 2-3 days with the cage off to let things heal up. I saw some suggestions about lubing better by using baby oil gel or vaseline. They helped to make the chafing a little less severe, but the chafing still occurs. And I am not going to "suck it up" because it actually leaves open wounds. I don't want to "suck it up" and have it get infected!
I am seriously considering switching to a metal cage. I just wanted to get some insight from the pros before i spend $300+ on a metal cage. If the metal cage will give me the same problems, I won't order it. As a reference, my cock is pretty average. Not overly large, or small.

Thanks
0 x
slave d

Re: Metal vs. Silicone Cage Chafing

Post by slave d »

The only comment i can make is that smooth stainless is virtually impossible to "chafe" on. I have zero experience with silicone.

d
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Subervent

Post by Subervent »

Stainless will cause chafing if measurements are off, or using one of those cheap sh** cages off amazon, ebay, or where ever you find those chrome coated hinged ring chinese knocks.

Anything with a pivot will end up wearing your skin bad, even with the included silicone cover. If done right, which very very few people are able to do, they can be made with a pivot, but I'll just say steer clear unless you want to spend some big bucks.

Round rings can also cause issues for some, oval for others.

Silicone messed me up. Not that bad chafing wise, but with fungal infections CONSTANTLY. No matter how much it was cleaned, it persisted. It also caused issues with my cords as my testes were sitting too far forward thus restricting the cords causing swelling.

Get a stainless cage. Don't go all out and spend 500+. No need at first. Get a mature metal jailbird or similar to start. They breathe easy, have little to no chafing if sized right. I recommend getting a ripoff CB6000 for like 20 bucks and play with ring sizes and gaps. That will give you some idea of measurement. You take that measurement, mix it with actual real measurements, and you have something that most likely will fit right the first time. I do agree, a little smaller for MM's is better. Also, if you are uncut, make sure to let them know as they will reverse the front bars to help minimize pinching. Just be careful you don't go too narrow on the diameter or you will end up in an edema nightmare. You can get away with being a little too short, but too narrow and you are screwed. Remember, Stainless, as in real stainless, Mature metal and beyond, can resell for little loss, especially if barely used. Only hard part is sanitation. Sometimes you can find a piercing shop that MAY let you use their autoclave but typically no. Boiling doesn't sterilize either. Only EO Gas/Autoclave/Dry heat sterilization sterilizes. Everything else sanitizes.
0 x
- Formerly in Long term Chastity -
braddogg4345

Post by braddogg4345 »

Thanks for the advice. I was actually looking at ordering a stainless steel cage through mature metal. I have heard nothing but good things about them.
0 x
robsleaze

Post by robsleaze »

How widespread is the problem of chafing with silicon? I am hopefully going to be easing myself into chastity soon and prefer the look of a metal cage, but my Master says silicone is easier to wear. I do have a jailbird but the sizing is completely wrong and I need to know what to suggest to my Master by way of replacement.
0 x
tiny little penis
Subervent

Post by Subervent »

robsleaze wrote:How widespread is the problem of chafing with silicon? I am hopefully going to be easing myself into chastity soon and prefer the look of a metal cage, but my Master says silicone is easier to wear. I do have a jailbird but the sizing is completely wrong and I need to know what to suggest to my Master by way of replacement.
Get a FAKE CB6000 or CB6000s and play with the gap and ring sizing. The reason I say FAKE, is not to waste money on a real one if you only intend to use it for Sizing. Get a REAL one if you plan to wear it semi longer term. Once you figure that out, you will have a rough idea on what your jailbird specs will be. Then do the recommended measuring, and go a bit shorter than you think you need and walah. Should be good to go.

Stay away from silicone devices. They IMO are NOT long term solutions, neither are plastic IMO. Chafing, smell, infections, lesions, swollen cords... it almost sounds like a medicine commercial with all the side effects. Cut or un cut you can get some serious issues with silicone. It doesn't breath, and typically there isn't much wiggle room. Now if you are just dead set on one, IMO the DickCage is the best out. No weird straps or sharp attachments. The only problem with the dick cage with extended use other than the above issues, is the loop that the lock goes through can break after awhile, thus making you need to buy a whole new tube.

Just IMO. Everyone differs but for me personally... the ONLY solution to LONG TERM chastity is Stainless or Titanium.
0 x
- Formerly in Long term Chastity -
braddogg4345

Post by braddogg4345 »

robsleaze wrote:How widespread is the problem of chafing with silicon? I am hopefully going to be easing myself into chastity soon and prefer the look of a metal cage, but my Master says silicone is easier to wear. I do have a jailbird but the sizing is completely wrong and I need to know what to suggest to my Master by way of replacement.
I think the silicone cages have their advantages, and disadvantages. The major advantage i find is that it is very comfortable to wear. Most of the time i forget i am wearing it (except when i get the chafing of course). It is very comfortable to exercise in too.
Disadvantages have already been mentioned. Chafing, keeping your cock clean, etc. another disadvantage is that it is easy to cheat. With the soft cage, you can actually jerk yourself off by squeezing your penis inside of it....if you wanted too. It is also fairly easy to slip out of.
0 x
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

Once you get the sizing figured out perfectly, i strongly recommend getting a MM Jail Bird. I went through the entire process a few years back, and now have a perfectly fitted Jail Bird. It is FANTASTIC!!
0 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
bubbly

Post by bubbly »

I'm new in the forum, so I'm not sure if my posts are being approved or are still being held by moderators until they confirm I'm not a bot. :)

I have a jailhouse clone in black, it has two rings: 1.75" and 2". I am not sure if the problem I have is accurately described as chaffing or cutting. I can get into the 1.75", but after a few hours, it's quite painful, and upon removal, I have sores, in an almost perfect straight line, across the underside of my scrotum. Not bleeding, but more like an abrasion or rug burn. I notice that the skin sort of 'accordions' up when it's in the 1.75" cage, and I'm hesitant to but any kind of lotion, water, lube on since that stuff would seem to get held in the folds there that are being held by the ring. I can fit the 2" ring, but it seems a tad loose, and the device is less comfortable since the cage tends to droop a bit. It doesn't seem to cut into me like the 1.75". Which would be correct? Continue with the 1.75" and "toughen" that skin up by just wearing for a little at a time to get used to it more, or take the 2" and add some epoxy or something to it to make the inside diameter a little smaller? I could get a 1 7/8 (1.875" ring which would be right between the two by about 1/8" (2mm))... I don't mind this particular device, but might like to try out the A080 -style knock off with the correct size ring to see how that works.
0 x
braddogg4345

Post by braddogg4345 »

That sounds similar to what i get with my silicone cage. I actually contacted the people at mature metal and asked them about chaffing. I figure they know what they are talking about. What they told me is that the cage should fit like a glove. They said i probably had too much extra space in the cage, which allowed me to get erections (usually at night) and that was what was causing the chaffing. For me and my KH, i can usually go 4 or 5 days in the device before it starts to burn. Then she has to keep me out of it for 2 or 3 days to allow me to heal.
If you are having the same problem as me, using some kind of lubricant does help so you dont get chafed so quickly. I use baby oil gel.
I have a custom ordered jailbird on the way. Hopefully my days of chaffing will be over!
0 x