If paying a couple of hundred dollars is ok...

For the gearheads in the audience
attentive_husband

If paying a couple of hundred dollars is ok...

Post by attentive_husband »

And I prefer a cage where I can't touch it enough to arouse myself (much) but my wife can tease me some through it.

And... a base ring on a hinge. I've read so many comments here and elsewhere about the effort and discomfort of trying to get your balls through a solid ring that I think a hinged base ring is the only way to go.

Which device is best?

TIA
0 x
Locked by LRC

Re: If paying a couple of hundred dollars is ok...

Post by Locked by LRC »

The problem I had with a hinged device is the pinching of skin between the gap of where the hinge is connected and what secures the connection. They do fix it with plastic or rubber tubes but, these usually cause irritation.

My first device was a CB2000, that was a long time ago, like before home computers. It had the solid rings and I have the problem of large testicles. When I would find a solid ring that would go over them it didn't stay up as tight as I wanted. Then they came out with the CB3000. This first version, unlike the newer version, had hinged base rings. It fit me tighter like I wanted.

When I wore it I had the problem of pinching. The gap was really small, a piece of paper would hardly slide in. It amazed me that skin would slide into such a small gap. Not enough skin to cause pain, just discomfort. Another complaint I had with the hinge, was the rivet. It wasn't that large of a bulge but after a few weeks of wear it started to feel uncomfortable.

It was bad enough that when I went to a custom device I didn't even consider one with a split ring, it had to be solid.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
zorglub

Post by zorglub »

I've read so many comments here and elsewhere about the effort and discomfort of trying to get your balls through a solid ring that I think a hinged base ring is the only way to go
That's strange. Getting your balls through a solid ring is a piece of cake once you learn how to do it correctly (main hint: one ball after the other, and the penis goes through last). On the other hand, pretty much everywhere you hear about how hinged rings are unbearable after a few hours without having a sleeve of some sort over the hinge (or most of the ring for that matter, to place the edges beyond the pressure region), which kind of nullifies the benefit of a metal ring (mainly: not sticking to skin as plastic/silicone/rubber do)
0 x
Current device: MM Jailbird with security screw and TetherSpout
Previously: CB6000s knock-off, HolyTrainer2, MCN Contender, Lori#5, MM Watchful Mistress
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Locked by LRC wrote:Another complaint I had with the hinge, was the rivet. It wasn't that large of a bulge but after a few weeks of wear it started to feel uncomfortable.
Oh, yeah, that frigging rivet really gets to you after a while. One side is smooth, the other side has the hole and a bit of a ridge- doesn't seem real bad when you run your finger over it, but...and it doesn't matter which way you turn it, it gets to be a pain either way. If both sides of that rivet were smooth, I think it would be OK.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
attentive_husband

Post by attentive_husband »

Ok, assuming a solid base ring (that seems to be the consensus here, and you all know a lot more than me), then what unit should I get.

I'm starting with the unit I listed, but assuming that chastity works for me and my wife, and that this unit is not perfect, then I'll need to upgrade to something better.

TIA
0 x
peter_rabbit
Last orgasm: May 17th, 2020
Orgasms this year: 17

Post by peter_rabbit »

See my post: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61562
I didn't realize you had this thread too.
TLDR-version; Get a Contender from MaleChastityNow.com (MCN) for $250

It's a somewhat open design which will allow her to tease you through it.
The plastic devices (except the old original CB2K) don't allow that.

You want a solid ring. Period. Full stop. Really.
You want all edges as smooth as possible. Good quality welds. No sharp points.
MCN fits the bill.
0 x
warwick

Post by warwick »

I agree with peter. the contender is the way to go, could not be happier. and btw very good to deal with.

robby
0 x