Padlock or security screw?

For the gearheads in the audience
lockedsteve

Padlock or security screw?

Post by lockedsteve »

I have had my Jailbird for almost a year. I bought it with the security screw option. However, after a day or so or physical activity, the screw loosens up and I can unscrew it by hand. I know that I can just tighten it by hand but knowing I can take it off whenever I want sort of makes me feel why bother even wearing it. I also ordered the lock at the same time but the sharp corners dug into me and into my wife. Today I finally gave up on the security screw after tightening it as tight as I could and even used a little blue Loktite on it. I was able to loosen it up by just jiggling the cage back and forth. I have little feeling in my finger tips so holding and turning a screw was always a challenge anyway.

I got out my metal files and rounded all the corners of the padlock and all is well now. I never liked the "key" because it is round and small making it difficult to get a good grip on it with my partially numb fingers. Plus there is just something about seeing that padlock that I enjoy.
0 x
Locked by LRC

Re: Padlock or security screw?

Post by Locked by LRC »

What I did when I ordered my MM was get the second hole with the security screw. The second hole is sized for the plastic numbered tags. The screw may come out, but getting the cage off without detection, you're screwed.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve