Cheap Chinese Cages

For the gearheads in the audience
McAndrew

Cheap Chinese Cages

Post by McAndrew »

Cheap Chinese Cages. My experience. Feel free to disagree.

Because I don't use cages long term, we haven't gone to any great expense. (Well apart from the custom made penis plugs.) So I just have a cheap Chinese metal cage.
It's steel, comfortable, discrete, secure and you can even safely pee standing up.

If you are looking around eBay for something cheap, just don't go too cheap.
Firstly make sure that is stainless steel and not chrome plated. A seller that prides himself on the quality of the steel is good.
Then make sure that they offer different size rings and preferably can supply rings on their own. It's something you have to experiment with. Too tight and it's uncomfortable, too loose and it will pull painfully.
Whatever else do not buy one with a urethral insert.

Then it's useful if you can make small modifications yourself.
I put heat shrink around the ring, to cover joints and make it just that bit softer. I also make myself a range of spacers to get the gaps just right.

For really long term wear the consensus seems to be that the only way is totally custom made and expensive. However if you shop carefully there are cages on eBay that are usable and will give you an idea of what you want to spend $$$ on.

Having said that my wife has just found one she thinks I should have, because it "looks nice", ignoring all that advice.
0 x
kunst

Re: Cheap Chinese Cages

Post by kunst »

Are you confident with keeping heat shrink in contact with your skin?
I honestly do not know what kind of material they contain, but better check it does not contain any dangerous substance.
0 x
McAndrew

Post by McAndrew »

kunst wrote:Are you confident with keeping heat shrink in contact with your skin?
I honestly do not know what kind of material they contain, but better check it does not contain any dangerous substance.
The stuff I use is food safe, so I assume it's all right. Anyway no problems so far.
0 x
tena

Post by tena »

Hi,ive bought a chinese version of looker02 with urethal insert,wearing 24-7 removal every 7 days for cleaning never had a problem,obviously i carefully looked with a magnifier lens for any signs of defaults,this unit is 100%stainless http://www.dhgate.com/usr/gotobuy.do?un ... st-design-
0 x
michaelhh

Post by michaelhh »

On this subject can someone advise about the practicality of this one from dhgate. I don't understand how the curve can help. I'd have thought it would be counter-productive to ball retention.
http://www.dhgate.com/product/stainless ... 1305988952
0 x
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

michaelhh, I took a look at that device. I didn't see where there would be any concern on its curve. Most devices will have an arc like that.

There was one thing I saw though that would be a major concern to me. If I looked at right, the cage isn't connected to the post by the padlock. It appears the cage is just slid onto the post of the base-ring, past the padlock hole, then the padlock is applied. If this is what it does the cage and the base ring could turn in opposite directions. Not a feeling I would want.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
tena

Post by tena »

hi,i have this model also,the cage is very small(short) and fully stainless steel,the post is rectangular shaped so the cage wont turn around.
0 x
michaelhh

Post by michaelhh »

Thanks, both of you who replied. I had to wait till now to look at the dhgate site on my computer as my phone wouldn't show the pictures. I must admit I can't understand what you mean, Locked by LRC, but then I'm not an expert of such devices. Thanks, tena, for your clarification, and I'd be grateful if you could put my mind at reast about the profile of the base ring. It's not flat, is it? What I mean is, if you put it on the table you could rock it, while an ordinary ring would just sit there flat. My reaction on seeing it was that it would let the balls pop through, especially as the first ring on the cage bends the opposite way. What's your experience?
0 x
nebman

Post by nebman »

This is the same device as the subject of this recent thread.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61391
0 x
HPHDX

Post by HPHDX »

Seeing the picture of the curved ring, My reaction is that the gap seems rather large (much too large) and that the Balls might pop through.

I am by far an expert though :)
Did however try that one Ball slipped through when i was first expirimenting with base ring sizes.... Not a very pleasant experience as it happened while driving :twisted:
0 x