New or Used

For the gearheads in the audience
HimHerFun

New or Used

Post by HimHerFun »

We (mostly my Husband) bought some cheaper Models over the last couple years, now I am willing to play a bit more. So which to get. The cheap models never seemed to fit right, so lets go for a better one.
After reading here, most are not getting the sizing right the first time.
Should we go to a used Model and then change from there if needed or go for a new one?

Thanks
0 x
Locked by LRC

Re: New or Used

Post by Locked by LRC »

If you can find a used custom made device that fits exactly to your measurement then get a used. If any of the measurements are off by even an 1/8", your still not getting what you need. How will you ever know if what your measuring is correct?

With the price of a custom device, modifications are relatively cheap. Just remember, measure to the manufactures instructions that your ordering from.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
lockedsteve

Post by lockedsteve »

I do not buy used underwear no matter how much they are cleaned and disinfected so I am not about to buy a used Chastity device. Heck, I will not even buy a used car or anything else. However, that is my personal preference and there really is no harm in buying a sterilized, by the seller or you, chastity device. The steel ones can me boiled in water but I do not know what they do to sterile non metal used ones. I think the fact that the manufacturers will not allow you to return a used one to them, should be a tip off. If they are concerned about it, so am I.

Metal one are OK to buy used but you really need to make sure it is an exact fit for your man or else it will be nothing by trouble.
0 x
HimHerFun

Post by HimHerFun »

Thanks for your replies. I want to get a metal one for him, the plastic is just not as attractive to me.
Yes cleaning them is for sure a issue, but we have a uv jewelry cleaner and of corse boiling them would be the first step.
Getting 100% the right size seems to be the bigger issue. I will read some more an measuring his little thing and then talk to a manufacture. Seems to me, buy one right instead of several cheaper "but Never perfect" for more cash.
Thanks for your input
0 x
mellyshubby

Post by mellyshubby »

Order the sizing rings from Mature Metal. Then, over a period of days determine flaccid diameter and length. Communicate with Ms. Mature Metal and you should get it right on the first try. I have two devices from MM and love them both.
0 x
Husband of MellyKH
Securely locked 24/7 in either a Jail Bird or Watchful Mistress
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Sterilization can be accomplished by heat (boiling, autoclave) if the material is not affected by the temperature, or by chemical means- bathing in isopropyl alchohol, hydrogen peroxide, or bleach (sodium or calcium hypochlorite). A 5% hypochlorite solution (common laundry bleach, like clorox) is sufficient, but if you are really paranoid you can mix your own by obtaining a 56% hypochlorite powder ('shock' treatment) from a pool supply store...just remember kiddos, if you try this at home, never, EVER add the water to the powder, just like you never, ever add water to an acid to dilute it (always add the acid to the water) because Something Bad*** will happen.

***(Violent exothermic reaction possibly/probably resulting in burns and a sudden trip to the emergency room.)
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

I was turned off at first about ever purchasing a used chastity device. I still feel that way about plastic but am ok with stainless. Proper cleaning and disinfecting as many described above would do the trick for me. Really, when was the last time you went to a fancy restaurant and brought your own silverware?
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

locked4her55 wrote:Really, when was the last time you went to a fancy restaurant and brought your own silverware?
Ummmmm, well, not a complete set, but sometimes the restaurant steak knives just don't cut it (pun intended), and I produce a knife of my own (typically either a Buck 110 or a Gerber SOG [Blackie Collins design] straight blade) which is usually very, very sharp. I get some strange looks once in a while, but I prefer that to struggling with a dull knife. Interestingly, though I might get *looks*, no one has ever actually *said* anything to me about it :mrgreen:

(The Gerber is one of my favorite blades, entirely Stainless Steel, including the handle and features a spring-clip retention mechanism used with a plastic sheath which can be carried very discreetly in an inside-the-waistband position, showing no lines even with a tailored suit jacket. For tactical use, the plastic sheath fits inside an additional ballistic nylon sheath featuring loops at either end, which can be worn on the belt or on either arm or leg in either a handle-up or handle-down position. It is also well-balanced for throwing.)
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted