Sizing Questions

For the gearheads in the audience
GoddessRhea

Sizing Questions

Post by GoddessRhea »

I know there's already a few of these threads around, but I couldn't find specific answers that I need when I searched.

We're going to be ordering a custom device from Mature Metal soon and we're trying to ensure we get the right size. Our biggest question is how to ensure we get the diameter right.

First, the lengths Narcissus' comes up between are 1 3/4", 2", and 2 1/4". The most common is 2". So should we go with a 1 3/4" length or a 1 1/2"?

For the inside diameter, his width usually comes at 1 5/8", occasionally as much as 2", but the 1 5/8" is the most common. So how much smaller than this measurements should the inner diameter be?

We're planning to go with the Watchful Mistress, if that makes a difference. He is also uncircumcised, if that matters.

Thank you!
0 x
Michele

Re: Sizing Questions

Post by Michele »

First I'd like to suggest getting the sizing rings from Mature Metal. It does help in getting sizing right.

As far as length, with his most common size being 2" I'd probably go with 1 3/4" for the cage - with a cage that small, 1 1/2 might be a little short. Especially with the WM having more steel to grip and hold him in the cage and being uncut... He might need that space at the front to protect his sensitive skin.

I'm not sure how the ID works with someone who is uncircumcised... I would get the inside diameter the same size as the thickest part (in girth) of his penis when normally flaccid. You want it to fit like a glove but you also might not want it so snug that skin sticks out from the bars and gets pinched etc. I hear the uncut guys skin might be kinda sensitive?
0 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast
peter_rabbit
Last orgasm: May 17th, 2020
Orgasms this year: 17

Post by peter_rabbit »

I'm in a similar device, a MCN Contender (with a custom plate). I'll say my lengths were 2-3" depending, and I ended up choosing 2.25" for the device length. That being .25" less than the average. I'm pretty happy with the decision.

There are days I think of a 2" device, but then the cage itself would not necessarily contain my glans. For me, and I suspect Narcissus, I am wider when I am pressed shorter, and longer when squeezed tighter. There's some constant flaccid volume thing going on, but I haven't quantified it.

I'd pair up leaning shorter with wider, and longer with thinner. If that helps couple the two decisions together. :) My own nascent theory is that I'd want to at least contain my erect glans length within the cage. That would define my shortest cage length

About diameter, your main question: 1-5/8" or 2". I assume you're talking about base ring diameter, right? I mean, 1-5/8" might be a cage ring diameter but 2"?

I tend to be happy with a large base ring diameter. No matter what, I'll get a "rooty". Ones erection starts well inside the body and the root around the base ring gets very wide, even if the cage is narrow.

I'd go large and then get a smaller base ring later on. The one knuckle under the base ring metric is popular. I like a bit more room. The key is not to have your testicles slip through. It's uncomfortable. I chose a narrow ball gap and wide ring to trap them but provide enough area for circulation.

You don't want to trap blood. Erections will happen, and it's best if the engorged member can be allowed to deflate easily. I find it easier to handle erections and take my mind off the chastity when it's not too tight.

I've been in a 1-5/8" ring and that's my smallest I can do... I like my 1-7/8" oval ring better. I might move to a 1-3/4" round myself. But there's guys out there that are happy in 1-1/2" so your mileage will vary.

Do you have sizing rings? MM sells them. I got my set of metal cock rings from male-essentials.net. Cheap and fast. 7 rings for 21$+5$S&H. The friction from metal is lower than plastic so you get a better idea for comfort. He can wear a size for a few days to test comfort and if it slips off.

TLDR: maybe 1-3/4" long and the base ring 1-3/4 -- 1-7/8" wide?
0 x
GoddessRhea

Post by GoddessRhea »

The 1 5/8" to 2" that I'm talking about isn't for the base ring, it's for the inner diameter of the cage. We already know what size base ring to get, we're trying to figure out the exact inner diameter of the actual cage.

Thank you both for your replies.
0 x
McAndrew

Post by McAndrew »

GoddessRhea wrote:The 1 5/8" to 2" that I'm talking about isn't for the base ring, it's for the inner diameter of the cage.
Well then it's going to depend on a whole heap of things:
For any sort of long term wear and when flaccid it shouldn't touch all the way around, for cleaning reasons.
For short term I go for just touching all around when flaccid.
If the glands are much bigger than the shaft, you will need extra space to got it on.
How much expansion do you want to allow?

Make a few tubes out of cardboard and see what feels right.
0 x
GoddessRhea

Post by GoddessRhea »

The measurement is from his widest area. The device will be for long term wear.

We would both like for it to fit well so he can't grow much so hopefully sleeping is easier in it. He also has had some issues with turtling, so we don't want it to be too loose and him to just slip around in it too much.

He will also have a prince albert piercing by the time we order the device; not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Also, Mature Metal will invert the front bars to help with being uncircumcised, and pinching.
0 x