My first custom cage: Impressions after 2 months of use

For the gearheads in the audience
Flaccido Perpetuo

My first custom cage: Impressions after 2 months of use

Post by Flaccido Perpetuo »

Flaccido Perpetuo wrote:My fourth device arrived a week ago. This is my first custom stainless steel cage from a relatively new manufacturer based in France. I wasn't able to "test" it for some days because my GF/KH decided not to unlock me just yet.
However, that changed yesterday night so I'll post some impressions in the next couple of days.

I will most probably no longer wear my previous steel device any more. This was a Chinese clone of an american cage that turned out not to be bad after all. I'll write down my experiences with that cage over the past few months as well.
this is what I wrote on July 6th in the "How many devices do you have?" thread.

After two months of nearly 24/7 wear I feel more or less qualified to write down my impressions of the Red Chili "ZZ Cage". Red Chili is a relatively new French manufacturer.

The main reason to choose one of their devices is because I live in Europe I can order from any other EU country without Customs Charges and excessive shipping costs. Otherwise, I would have considered MM or MCN as an alternative.

The "ZZ Cage" name is derived from a French colloquial term for penis. It is also appropriate because of the shape of the metal bars in the middle.

(I hope posting a URL is not against the rules)
http://malechastity-devices.com/index.php/zz-cage

I ordered it with the "No Escape" locking system which included a high quality ABUS Titalium padlock and a "Discipline Belt" and the "Secured Head" option to further reduce the opportunity for stimulation.

The "Discipline Belt" is supposed to improve security even further and to better block erections. I have not yet tried the "Discipline Belt", mainly because we"ve had a very hot summer and it would be hard to hide under thin T shirts.

The main difference between the ZZ Cage and the Chinese knockoffs I have is the weight. This device is really light which makes it very comfortable. I don't know how it compares with e.g. MCN or MM but my Chinese MCN clone was a lot heavier.

Regarding fit, I am really happy that I took a few days to take measurements repeatedly. This has really paid off because the fit is very good. I cannot stress the importance of accurate measurements enough.

The longest I've been locked non-stop this summer is slightly longer than three weeks. From a comfort and hygiene point of view, this posed no problems. It is very easy to keep clean in the shower. I also swam, biked, hiked and rode my motorcycle without any problems.

For the time being, I am quite happy with the ZZ cage. However, I can't help wondering if the more established American manufacturers' products would be even better. Maybe next year I'll take the plunge again.
0 x
nebman

Re: My first custom cage: Impressions after 2 months of use

Post by nebman »

Thanks for the review. Based on exchange rates, Red Chili prices seem quite reasonable. Their video on the manufacturing process give a real appreciation for what the makers of the custom devices do.

I like the design of their devices. It does seem that it would be a bit more difficult for a U.S. based customer to use them over Mature Metal or MCN.
0 x
Aken

Post by Aken »

Hi flaccido,

I'm Aken, the RED CHILI devices maker. I'm very happy to read your feedback after 2 month locked 24/7 into the ZZ cage, and it gave me the idea to subscribe to this forum. My english is not perfect but I hope I'll share things in this corner ;)

It's very interesting for me, to know what really happens when the devices leave the workshop. I of course wear my devices quasi constantly, that's why I started to make some! And it's good to know they work good for other people too. I'm practicing a lot of sports too, and the devices are thought in this way. Happy to read that you could do everything normally this summer with the ZZ :)
0 x
lockednut

Post by lockednut »

I ve been looking at the tower of London model but have seen almost no reviews so it's good to see a happy customer. I was thinking of the second locking solution on the basis that it is more low profile and would be less visible under trousers. What is making me hesitate is that it looks as if it cant be locked only with the padlock without the risk of twisting. I've found the security screw on my current mm jb to be very fiddly to undo and do up. My KH like to let me out for piv sex (no coming for me) but hates the hassle of relocking with the screw so she just locks the padlock and adds the screw in the morning. I'd be interested in any comments Are has on this.

I like the idea of the security chain in the model the op has and would like to hear if the flat plate causes issues either with visibility or discomfort for the KH.

What I really like is the cost, speed of delivery ( im in Europe) and the fact that rings are interchangeable and available off the shelf.

Cheers

Lockednut
0 x
lockednut

Post by lockednut »

To Flaccido Perpetuo and Aken
Would the No Escape locking system work with a plastic numbered lock? I ask as we often use them with my mm jb for long term lock up when I'm away from home and need to remove the cage for security checks.

Lockednut
0 x
nebman

Post by nebman »

"Flaccido Perpetuo wrote:
I will most probably no longer wear my previous steel device any more. This was a Chinese clone of an american cage that turned out not to be bad after all. I'll write down my experiences with that cage over the past few months as well."

I've seen some of your prior posts, and believe that you had this device:

http://www.dhgate.com/product/stainless ... 1213443295

Would love to hear your impressions when you have time.
0 x
Flaccido Perpetuo

Post by Flaccido Perpetuo »

@aken: It is good to see you on this forum. I think device makers (and the chastity "community" at large) can only benefit from direct contact with their customers and prospects.

@lockednut: I haven't actually tried it yet but I don't see why not. I've got some of these numbered locks but as of yet did not have the need to use them. I will try and see if it fits the next time my GF/KH decides to unlock me. I have no idea when that will be the case...

@nebman:Indeed, this was my previous device. I have documented my impressions in a separate thread.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=60914

Please let me know if you've got specific questions that are not addressed in the thread.
0 x
Aken

Post by Aken »

lockednut wrote:I ve been looking at the tower of London model but have seen almost no reviews so it's good to see a happy customer. I was thinking of the second locking solution on the basis that it is more low profile and would be less visible under trousers. What is making me hesitate is that it looks as if it cant be locked only with the padlock without the risk of twisting. I've found the security screw on my current mm jb to be very fiddly to undo and do up. My KH like to let me out for piv sex (no coming for me) but hates the hassle of relocking with the screw so she just locks the padlock and adds the screw in the morning. I'd be interested in any comments Are has on this.

I like the idea of the security chain in the model the op has and would like to hear if the flat plate causes issues either with visibility or discomfort for the KH.

What I really like is the cost, speed of delivery ( im in Europe) and the fact that rings are interchangeable and available off the shelf.

Cheers

Lockednut
Hi Lockdnut, actually the "NoEscape" locking system with the flat plate, gives more discretion than the "Combo" system with the security screw+padlock. The tip of the "Combo" make a little bump into the panties when the flat plate doesn't. That's why sometimes I cut the extra part of the "Combo" used for the padlock, to let only the screw option, and have a shorter metal rod more discrete. You're true, if you use the "Combo" with the padlock only, the tube can twist. The flat plate is very easy and quick to use for the KH, I made a good progress on the way I adjust it, and it works very good, being very discrete, even with the discipline belt. The other advantage with the "NoEscape" flat plate is to be sure the base rings are interchangeable, with the "Combo" it's better to send back the cage for adjustments.
lockednut wrote:To Flaccido Perpetuo and Aken
Would the No Escape locking system work with a plastic numbered lock? I ask as we often use them with my mm jb for long term lock up when I'm away from home and need to remove the cage for security checks.

Lockednut
I never tried a plastic padlock, but I'm quite sure it works with the "NoEscape" locking system, there's normally no pressure on it.

Thanks for your interest in my work, kind regards.
0 x