CB6ks split ring :(

For the gearheads in the audience
sexy_cheese

CB6ks split ring :(

Post by sexy_cheese »

I split my ring this morning :cry: My kh was out, and I went to site down as normal, felt a 'crunch' type sound. Investigated, and the main ring had split at the hoop section that holds the pins.

As a new chaste guy, with a new KH, I panicked. I really panicked. :o

Fortunately, she was back 20 minutes later and I had got the spare ring from my old cheap 6ks copy. Wrapped it in PVC tape and I'm locked back in. :D

As I'd worn the other ring for less than 3 days, I've arranged to return it to the shop and see if I get a refund/replacement - they are supposed to be excellent on that and I've spent enough with them :)

My concern now is that I need to replace this current ring. It's the largest 50mm. I am concerned that plastic/polycarbonate won't be strong enough and I'll end up doing this again. Do I change for a stainless version of the CB6ks or is this kind of break a fluke? I'd like some thoughts on it. I use the smallest spacer and largest ring at the moment, and it's been super comfortable. I just don't like the thought of it snapping and leaving me vulnerable.
0 x
"She waved the keys in front of me and with a sly grin said 'You'll never see these again unless I let you out'" - my wife.
locked4her55
Re: CB6ks split ring :(

Post by locked4her55 »

If it is a genuine CB6000s then you should be able to get a replacement free of charge depending on when you purchased it.. Where the base ring attaches to the side pins is a weak spot and many here will attest that they too (as I) have had breaks in the past but over time. I would be concerned that it happened so fast.

My recommendation would be to try the CB6000s again with the new replacement ring. Maybe it was a fluke that it broke so soon. If it happens again then I would look to move onto something stronger which would be metal.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
sexy_cheese

Re: CB6ks split ring :(

Post by sexy_cheese »

The company is sending a replacement FOC - which is awesome. It's the next size down but I can still fit it okay, just very snug/almost tight rather than snug and secure.

I've got some knock-off rings I've filled with milliput and will be sanding down today. I used some 800/1200 grit paper to smooth out the mould lines when I was trying them out and it seemed super smooth.

The suspicion I have is that I might have laid on my front during the night, causing some stress on it. This is extremely rare for me and maybe just bad timing with this new ring.
0 x
"She waved the keys in front of me and with a sly grin said 'You'll never see these again unless I let you out'" - my wife.