Alternate to padlock?

For the gearheads in the audience
ribertgropius

Alternate to padlock?

Post by ribertgropius »

This question must have come up from others before, burn can't seem to find the topic:

Has anyone found a good "after market" substitution for the padlock on metal cages? The padlock used one u cages is a proble both for bulkiness, but also rubbing against my partner. I loved the concealed lock feature of the Holy Trainer V2, and would love to find an equivalent small solution that still uses a key that can be added after-the-fact to replace a padlock, as opposed to the threaded pin and security screw combo you can get on a custom device.

I am sure you can get security nuts and screws but I can't find a set that comes with a unique key for that screw. A mini-cam lock similar in size to the "magic lock" used on the HT would be perfect.

Thoughts?

Robert
0 x
ribertgropius

Re: Alternate to padlock?

Post by ribertgropius »

Ack!

Too many typos from entering this post on a smartphone. I will repost the question later, sorry!
0 x
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

Maybe it needs to go back to school to be smarter?
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
crated51

Post by crated51 »

Low security option might be a Spanner screw and nut. Hardware stores with stainless steel hardware (like an Ace) might have some. The smaller screws fit but may need some grinding to fit better. The screw is sometimes referred to as a snake eye screw.

Right now I just really want my wife in charge of unlocking. The spanner screw is just not mindgame enough.
0 x
It's not happy people that are thankful, it's thankful people that are happy.
Joroincharge

Post by Joroincharge »

ribertgropius wrote:This question must have come up from others before, burn can't seem to find the topic:

Has anyone found a good "after market" substitution for the padlock on metal cages? The padlock used one u cages is a proble both for bulkiness, but also rubbing against my partner. I loved the concealed lock feature of the Holy Trainer V2, and would love to find an equivalent small solution that still uses a key that can be added after-the-fact to replace a padlock, as opposed to the threaded pin and security screw combo you can get on a custom device.

I am sure you can get security nuts and screws but I can't find a set that comes with a unique key for that screw. A mini-cam lock similar in size to the "magic lock" used on the HT would be perfect.

Thoughts?

Robert
Take a look at these:

http://www.brycefastener.com/key-rex.html

You can get these with unique screws.
0 x
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

I am wearing my MM JB with the security screw option they offer. Not only is the bulk of the lock gone, but the screw holds the ring and cage together as if it was one perfectly solid unit. And, cleaning while in the JB is so easy. Now that I finally got the size right, I see no limit on how long I can wear it other than practical life issues like locker rooms, doctor visits, the fact that my wife hates it, etc.
0 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.